Cloudane
Jan 11, 04:49 AM
It would be great if the price went down. There should also be some updates, but concentrating on a lower price, as PCs that are the same speed are much less.
Yes, and look what happens. You get what you pay for (as I discovered with my 20" iMac with its bargain basement screen!)
I would hope "cheap" Macs would be an addition to, rather than a replacement of, decent quality ones.
Yes, and look what happens. You get what you pay for (as I discovered with my 20" iMac with its bargain basement screen!)
I would hope "cheap" Macs would be an addition to, rather than a replacement of, decent quality ones.
Cassie
Jan 16, 09:07 PM
I called it!:D
You sure did. :)
You sure did. :)
heehee
Apr 25, 02:45 PM
Well I don't know about you but if I saw someone beating the **** out of someone else while I'm working I would certainly get involved. And I would expect the same consideration from others.
If your employed somewhere part of your job is keeping the peace.
You expect employees who make minimum wage to break up a fight? They should call the cops, but for sure not break up a fight.
If your employed somewhere part of your job is keeping the peace.
You expect employees who make minimum wage to break up a fight? They should call the cops, but for sure not break up a fight.
Anthony T
Apr 15, 03:48 PM
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/04/15/images-of-4th-generation-iphone-emerge/
What do you guys think?
I think it could be real, since when the 3G photos leaked, everyone was like 'no way Apple is going for a plastic back' and no one believed they were real...but it turned out they were.
I'm not sure how I feel about those edges on the phone though. It should be more rounded out and smooth.
What do you guys think?
I think it could be real, since when the 3G photos leaked, everyone was like 'no way Apple is going for a plastic back' and no one believed they were real...but it turned out they were.
I'm not sure how I feel about those edges on the phone though. It should be more rounded out and smooth.
more...
spencers
Apr 10, 02:40 PM
http://img.runningwarehouse.com/big/SFT5M1-2.jpg
Nice, Fastwitch? Thought about trying those at some point.
Samsung PN50C8000 x3.
Continuing to build my ultimate theater room - just need to paint the in wall speakers that were installed.
Sweet!
Nice, Fastwitch? Thought about trying those at some point.
Samsung PN50C8000 x3.
Continuing to build my ultimate theater room - just need to paint the in wall speakers that were installed.
Sweet!
QuarterSwede
Oct 13, 08:19 PM
Just noticed something at work (large retailer). The iPod case is unusually empty of iPod videos. We may have 15 total when the case usual has 50-100. The iPod Nanos on the other hand are completely stocked full. Usually this only happens when Apple is going to release a new version and stops sending the store product. I know it sounds weird because they just upgraded the 5G but it was a very insignificant update. Just thought I'd add that to the rumor mill.
more...
Matiek
Jan 15, 04:41 PM
I really liked Time capsule, I'm buying one.

BEST Fire wallpapers
more...

3Jokes FireFox Wallpaper (5)

Wallpapers - Fire Chrome
HelloPanda
Apr 16, 06:53 PM
How does Gnome 3.0 on Linux compare to the new UI in OSX Lion?
I've been playing around with Gnome 3.0, and it seems like the designers have a similar philosophy about desktop navigation.
Gnome 3.0 Preview (This is not my video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joBXc3IGRBw
I've been playing around with Gnome 3.0, and it seems like the designers have a similar philosophy about desktop navigation.
Gnome 3.0 Preview (This is not my video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joBXc3IGRBw
more...
jinxednuance
Mar 9, 11:18 PM
Why is Apple the only tech company that makes unique products? All the other big ones seem to just drop in behind Apple after they invent something... Examples:
�Phones that are designed to simply compete with the iPhone.
�Pretty much every non-Apple tablet.
�iMac lookalikes.
�I've even seem some unibody copy cats...
Why don't they try and come up with something of their own instead of trying to "make a better Apple product"? Its annoying... :mad:
That's a bit of a superficial hypothesis you got. The majority of computers in the world are still Microsoft based. Perhaps businesses are switching to Apple but for now, the world is not at all run by Apple. Not even close. Once Steve controls the market like Bill and becomes half as rich as he is, we may consider talking. You need more experience in life son, as one person said, turn off your Apple product and look outside your window, there's life that doesn't breath Apple.
�Phones that are designed to simply compete with the iPhone.
�Pretty much every non-Apple tablet.
�iMac lookalikes.
�I've even seem some unibody copy cats...
Why don't they try and come up with something of their own instead of trying to "make a better Apple product"? Its annoying... :mad:
That's a bit of a superficial hypothesis you got. The majority of computers in the world are still Microsoft based. Perhaps businesses are switching to Apple but for now, the world is not at all run by Apple. Not even close. Once Steve controls the market like Bill and becomes half as rich as he is, we may consider talking. You need more experience in life son, as one person said, turn off your Apple product and look outside your window, there's life that doesn't breath Apple.
Nekbeth
Apr 27, 08:39 PM
.h
#import <UIKit/UIKit.h>
@interface ATimerViewController : UIViewController {
more...

Forest Fire Wallpapers,

Boom Fire Wallpapers and Boom
more...

of fire wallpapers

Free Fire Wallpapers - Enjoy
more...

Eee PC Wallpaper: Fire

Fire Wallpaper
more...

Steelers Live Fire Wallpaper

Steelers Live Fire Wallpaper

Amazing Fire Wallpapers
#import <UIKit/UIKit.h>
@interface ATimerViewController : UIViewController {
more...
jbennardo
Apr 6, 08:23 AM
Their store, their rules I guess.
lena
Nov 24, 03:35 PM
For those of us ordering online, if you go through fatwallet.com, you can get a 2% cash rebate - every penny counts!
more...

caspian
Mar 25, 08:49 AM
Now we'll see the bastard child coming soon...:D
arn
Oct 2, 04:32 PM
I'm surprised how many people are interpreting this wrong.
The point of this is that Amazon can go to this new company and license Fairplay-compatable DRM. That way they can sell movies/music on their website (Unbox) and sell it with DRM that is iPod/iTV/iTunes Compatible.
This could mean, for example, Napster could be iTunes/iPod compatible.
Or Vongo (unlimited movie downloads $9.95/month) could be iPod compatible.
Personally, I'm not sure how long it will go. Either Apple will shut them down (if legally capable) or simply start licensing Fairplay themselves and cut out the middleman (which could be an inadvertant positive result of this effort)
OR
[edit: as pointed out below, this is probably not possible]
Microsoft licenses it so Zune can play iTunes Music/Movie store content. That could be a huge boost for Zune.
arn
The point of this is that Amazon can go to this new company and license Fairplay-compatable DRM. That way they can sell movies/music on their website (Unbox) and sell it with DRM that is iPod/iTV/iTunes Compatible.
This could mean, for example, Napster could be iTunes/iPod compatible.
Or Vongo (unlimited movie downloads $9.95/month) could be iPod compatible.
Personally, I'm not sure how long it will go. Either Apple will shut them down (if legally capable) or simply start licensing Fairplay themselves and cut out the middleman (which could be an inadvertant positive result of this effort)
OR
[edit: as pointed out below, this is probably not possible]
Microsoft licenses it so Zune can play iTunes Music/Movie store content. That could be a huge boost for Zune.
arn
more...
BC2009
May 2, 11:56 AM
Oh the conspiracies!!!!
As a software developer, the explanation that Apple gave seems far more plausible than "they are tracking your every move".
It makes total sense to keep a cache of cell tower positions to speed up positioning through trilateration (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trilateration). It also makes sense for Apple to maintain this as a crowd-sourced database and download part of it to your phone. Further, it makes sense for a developer to make an arbitrary decision to say "let's make the cache size 2MB -- that's smaller than a single song". Finally, it makes sense for QA to miss this since the file is not readily visible through the user interface. A very good article on this is here (http://www.macworld.com/article/159528/2011/04/how_iphone_location_works.html).
I for one cannot remember a single iAd ever popping that was more appropriate based on my location (e.g.: a restaurant ad showing up when I was near a location for that restaurant chain). I seriously doubt that Apple cares where I have been for the past year -- especially with the huge degree of error that trilateration offers. But they definitely care about the crowd-sourced data to understand what regions iPhones are being used most heavily.
Certainly, if Apple wanted to record my personal position it would make MUCH MUCH MUCH more sense for their servers to simply record the query my phone makes to obtain the portion of the crowd-sourced database that my phone wants to cache. That query could easily include a more exact GPS position (i.e.: give me the part of the cache near this location). It could also include a phone identifier. Of course, a timestamp could be associated with the query. They could keep the information on their own servers where I would NEVER EVER see it and they could easily access it. Keeping it on my phone simply does not make sense if Apple really wanted this information -- it makes it easy for me to find and it is of less use to Apple that way.
I wonder if Google records my Wifi/GPS location on Google Maps or what locations I searched when using Google Maps. Hopefully, my identity is anonymized before the query is sent to Google for what part of the Maps database to pull down and cache. But again, it would be really easy for anybody to do this on the server side.
As a software developer, the explanation that Apple gave seems far more plausible than "they are tracking your every move".
It makes total sense to keep a cache of cell tower positions to speed up positioning through trilateration (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trilateration). It also makes sense for Apple to maintain this as a crowd-sourced database and download part of it to your phone. Further, it makes sense for a developer to make an arbitrary decision to say "let's make the cache size 2MB -- that's smaller than a single song". Finally, it makes sense for QA to miss this since the file is not readily visible through the user interface. A very good article on this is here (http://www.macworld.com/article/159528/2011/04/how_iphone_location_works.html).
I for one cannot remember a single iAd ever popping that was more appropriate based on my location (e.g.: a restaurant ad showing up when I was near a location for that restaurant chain). I seriously doubt that Apple cares where I have been for the past year -- especially with the huge degree of error that trilateration offers. But they definitely care about the crowd-sourced data to understand what regions iPhones are being used most heavily.
Certainly, if Apple wanted to record my personal position it would make MUCH MUCH MUCH more sense for their servers to simply record the query my phone makes to obtain the portion of the crowd-sourced database that my phone wants to cache. That query could easily include a more exact GPS position (i.e.: give me the part of the cache near this location). It could also include a phone identifier. Of course, a timestamp could be associated with the query. They could keep the information on their own servers where I would NEVER EVER see it and they could easily access it. Keeping it on my phone simply does not make sense if Apple really wanted this information -- it makes it easy for me to find and it is of less use to Apple that way.
I wonder if Google records my Wifi/GPS location on Google Maps or what locations I searched when using Google Maps. Hopefully, my identity is anonymized before the query is sent to Google for what part of the Maps database to pull down and cache. But again, it would be really easy for anybody to do this on the server side.
kingtj
Oct 17, 10:05 AM
Never underestimate the storage capacities people will require! It wasn't THAT long ago I remember having a 10 *megabyte* hard disk drive on my old TRS-80 computer and thinking "This thing is HUGE! I can store every program I own on here AND all my data!" And we all know the ever popular "640K should be enough for anyone!" quote regarding RAM memory.
But if you're talking about simply the "here and now", yeah - the typical user won't have a good reason to store 30-50GB on a single piece of media. On the other hand, someone who works with video a lot easily might. (Think of the idea of making a single disc that contains a full collection of HD video clips you made and edited so you could copy/paste them into future projects, at will.) Sort of like those "50,000 clip art images collection!" CDs people buy, except your own, personal HD video version.
I'd also imagine this would be nice for corporate backups. People currently shell out around $90-100 each for DLT or LTO type backup tapes that hold maybe 40GB or so of compressed data. They could substitute one with HD-DVD or Blueray media and have more reliable backups with easier, quicker retreival too.
That comment about not including the burner is interesting, and I'm at least trying to give it some more thoughtful consideration. Who really needs to burn 30 - 50 GB of data? For backup solutions, wouldn't just getting a huge external hard drive be more practical? Portability might be a factor there, but external drives aren't that cumbersome I don't think. I'm thinking that the majority use of those HD media burners would be to copy movies with illicit applications. Could Apple put in place some protection framework that attempted to only allow creative-works-originating software to burn HD discs, (ie, iMovie, iDVD, FinalCut and other pro apps that use full quality, large size files) therefore denying use of a program that takes a quick and dirty imported disc image and burn it to disc, so that you'd have to work around some long and annoying solution to make an illegal copy (ala burning audio CDs in iTunes and reimporting them to strip the DRM) that would deter any easy mass pirating?
More simply, I'm curious of who out there needs to burn 30 to 50 GB chunks of data, too large for a dual layer DVD to hold, and why.
But if you're talking about simply the "here and now", yeah - the typical user won't have a good reason to store 30-50GB on a single piece of media. On the other hand, someone who works with video a lot easily might. (Think of the idea of making a single disc that contains a full collection of HD video clips you made and edited so you could copy/paste them into future projects, at will.) Sort of like those "50,000 clip art images collection!" CDs people buy, except your own, personal HD video version.
I'd also imagine this would be nice for corporate backups. People currently shell out around $90-100 each for DLT or LTO type backup tapes that hold maybe 40GB or so of compressed data. They could substitute one with HD-DVD or Blueray media and have more reliable backups with easier, quicker retreival too.
That comment about not including the burner is interesting, and I'm at least trying to give it some more thoughtful consideration. Who really needs to burn 30 - 50 GB of data? For backup solutions, wouldn't just getting a huge external hard drive be more practical? Portability might be a factor there, but external drives aren't that cumbersome I don't think. I'm thinking that the majority use of those HD media burners would be to copy movies with illicit applications. Could Apple put in place some protection framework that attempted to only allow creative-works-originating software to burn HD discs, (ie, iMovie, iDVD, FinalCut and other pro apps that use full quality, large size files) therefore denying use of a program that takes a quick and dirty imported disc image and burn it to disc, so that you'd have to work around some long and annoying solution to make an illegal copy (ala burning audio CDs in iTunes and reimporting them to strip the DRM) that would deter any easy mass pirating?
More simply, I'm curious of who out there needs to burn 30 to 50 GB chunks of data, too large for a dual layer DVD to hold, and why.
more...
Geckotek
Jan 3, 07:55 AM
Or not. After all, it isn't like you can take your phone with you to Verizon. Many people aren't going to want to spend the money on an ETF because that's the money they would use for a new phone.
That said, after all these years there are probably enough folks already on Verizon that would jump for an iphone. Enough that it could get interesting in some areas. Just like it did with ATT who thought they could handle the load.
That's the whole point, if you can't take your phone with you, you'll just sell it. Selling an iPhone 4 right now will easily pay for the ETF and the cost of a new Verizon iPhone (assuming pricing is similar.)
That said, after all these years there are probably enough folks already on Verizon that would jump for an iphone. Enough that it could get interesting in some areas. Just like it did with ATT who thought they could handle the load.
That's the whole point, if you can't take your phone with you, you'll just sell it. Selling an iPhone 4 right now will easily pay for the ETF and the cost of a new Verizon iPhone (assuming pricing is similar.)
CaoCao
Apr 17, 10:36 PM
Last night I was watching a program called The Real King's Speech, a documentary on Prince Albert's/King George VI's struggle to deal with his speech impediment.
At least twice it was mentioned that he was born left-handed and forced by his father (with regression therapy perhaps?) to use his right hand.
Precisely, some of the side effects of forced change are learning disorders, dyslexia, stuttering and other speech disorders.
At least twice it was mentioned that he was born left-handed and forced by his father (with regression therapy perhaps?) to use his right hand.
Precisely, some of the side effects of forced change are learning disorders, dyslexia, stuttering and other speech disorders.
chrisd1974
Apr 5, 04:16 PM
Maybe I'm being harsh, maybe what the world really needs is a 3 hour Zoomba infomercial app. Or an app extolling the benefits of the snuggie. And the excuse 'hey dude, I work in advertising' is not a good reason to criticise people who see this app for what it is, a pile of ****. If you work in advertising, the best thing you could do is make a note of the fact that everyone who DOESN'T work in advertising thinks this is a pile of **** and modify your advertising strategy accordingly.
It's like people at burger king reacting to the fact that everyone hates burger king by saying 'these burgers are useful to me, because I work at burger king'
It's like people at burger king reacting to the fact that everyone hates burger king by saying 'these burgers are useful to me, because I work at burger king'
mac17
Jan 8, 12:26 AM
BTW, I had to laugh when they demoed FMV used as a wallpaper in Vista, and the crowd ooohed and awwed and clapped. :)[/QUOTE]
is it possible to put fmv wallpaper on tiger? how?
is it possible to put fmv wallpaper on tiger? how?
Kiwi Jones
Jul 21, 12:12 PM
Umm, that's still less than 1%. That's pretty good. That would be out of 100 million calls. 99 million calls were fine.
Not to mention the thousands and thousands of people purposely replicating the issue to show others how it can drop a call. I wonder how many dropped calls were during normal use. I know i've replicated it a few times but have dropped 1 call since launch. And that was in an area with sh***y reception.
Not to mention the thousands and thousands of people purposely replicating the issue to show others how it can drop a call. I wonder how many dropped calls were during normal use. I know i've replicated it a few times but have dropped 1 call since launch. And that was in an area with sh***y reception.
wordoflife
Mar 19, 05:29 PM
Here in England thats a pretty common figure of speech that people use all the time. It doesn't mean literally ages. I forgot this was an American forum, but what does that have to do with anything anyway?
I'm from the US and I even understood what you were saying. It's just figurative language. It looks like people just want something to rant on you about.
I'm from the US and I even understood what you were saying. It's just figurative language. It looks like people just want something to rant on you about.
NDA74
Jan 13, 09:12 AM
So gizmodo is responsible for this how?
Gizmodo is responsible for this because it vouched for the prankster and obtained a credential for him. Media organizations put their reputations at stake each time they obtain a credential for someone, whether it's to a high school basketball game, a trade show or a political event.
Gizmodo is responsible for this because it vouched for the prankster and obtained a credential for him. Media organizations put their reputations at stake each time they obtain a credential for someone, whether it's to a high school basketball game, a trade show or a political event.
Branskins
Apr 30, 12:33 PM
Look at us debating this, I am sure Apple is having a hard time determining what to do too! I have a feeling they like it to, but you are correct that it is confusing when there are only two options.
However, this doesn't mean I think it should go away. It just needs a little more tweaking! :D
Also, I am glad they are going with the squarish buttons. It's amazing how more modern it feels compared to the rounded buttons!
However, this doesn't mean I think it should go away. It just needs a little more tweaking! :D
Also, I am glad they are going with the squarish buttons. It's amazing how more modern it feels compared to the rounded buttons!
No comments:
Post a Comment