NebulaClash
May 3, 10:36 PM
Apple commercials are bright, uplifting and show how technology enhances the human experience. They show people using iPads, iPhones, MacBooks, etc in everyday situations. However Android Zoom, BB Playbook, Tab are dark, joyless with people abducted by aliens, enveloped and overpowered by machines, etc.
Agreed, and it is the big long-term mistake Android marketers are making. When you appeal to young males in your ads, while repelling everyone else, you limit your product's long-term appeal. Gadget blogs don't see the problem because they are mostly young males.
Apple ads appeal to everyone the way traditional Coke or McDonalds ads did and often still do.
Agreed, and it is the big long-term mistake Android marketers are making. When you appeal to young males in your ads, while repelling everyone else, you limit your product's long-term appeal. Gadget blogs don't see the problem because they are mostly young males.
Apple ads appeal to everyone the way traditional Coke or McDonalds ads did and often still do.
Homy
Jan 12, 07:27 PM
he did say that Mac hardware and software will be announced in a couple of weeks time.No, not in a couple of weeks. He actually said "Over the course of the next several months we're gonna roll out some awesome stuff for the Mac".

azentropy
Dec 13, 02:47 PM
I just don't see Apple creating a situation where they're going to have 2 separate refresh dates for the iPhone. Whatever they do, they're going to make it so they refresh ALL of their iPhones around June of every year. Otherwise they're going to put one of the carriers at a distinct disadvantage because Verizon will have the latest technology for up to 6 months before it goes to ATT--which will hurt apple sales overall.
Actually I think this is what might happen, eventually. But rather than AT&T getting the same spec iPhone "A" 6 months later, they will get the "B" with some improvements, then the next year Verizon gets the "C" 6 months after that and so on... Where they will just keep leap frogging each other. I think the market is moving too fast for Apple to continue with just yearly updates.
Actually I think this is what might happen, eventually. But rather than AT&T getting the same spec iPhone "A" 6 months later, they will get the "B" with some improvements, then the next year Verizon gets the "C" 6 months after that and so on... Where they will just keep leap frogging each other. I think the market is moving too fast for Apple to continue with just yearly updates.

Cooknn
Sep 12, 08:27 AM
If they can't be burnt to DVD they're gonna have to be mad cheap.How you gonna burn it to DVD if it's Hi-Def?

Patrick J
Apr 29, 05:51 PM
Naah. You could click on them like normal and it would slide the button over to where you clicked - or you could slide it manually. It looked slick and operated either way.
A slider like that only makes sense on a touch interface, where you would physically move it. A user would drag it along with a finger. Very "organic".
Animation for sake of animation is pointless. With a mouse, it is counter intuitive, when all users are used to "pushing" or "depressing" the button in.
A slider like that only makes sense on a touch interface, where you would physically move it. A user would drag it along with a finger. Very "organic".
Animation for sake of animation is pointless. With a mouse, it is counter intuitive, when all users are used to "pushing" or "depressing" the button in.
TZRaceR6
Aug 10, 01:17 PM
Any one that proposes using diesel or gas because of the impact it "might" have on our national grid (which by the way depends on where you live, i.e. Nuclear power plants for California, renewable hydro-electric for Las Vegas, etc...) pales in comparison to incidents like... oh say... the GULF OIL SPILL!!! What did that cost so far? Tens of billions. Not to mention the amount of lives it has ruined! Wonder how many electric cars could have been made and powered over the course of a year on that bill?
Internal combustion engines should have died off over 50 years ago.
Internal combustion engines should have died off over 50 years ago.
iliketomac
Jan 15, 01:20 PM
Yes I agree. The MBAir is attractive but short on some features for its hefty price. A few hundred dollars less, then it would be a good deal, IMO. But eventually the specs will get better and better for either the same price point or reduced price points over the course of time... Also, it looks like no Apple Remote and Front Row for the MBAir??
BRLawyer
Sep 25, 03:43 PM
Right, a product in development since 2002 (http://photoshopnews.com/2006/01/09/the-shadowlandlightroom-development-story/) was a copy of a product released in 2005 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Well, it's funny that you make a comparison between the "development" of one and the "release" of another...as if Apple started Aperture some days ago as well...:rolleyes:
Well, it's funny that you make a comparison between the "development" of one and the "release" of another...as if Apple started Aperture some days ago as well...:rolleyes:
chicagdan
Nov 16, 12:35 PM
Here we go folks.
Just to put everybody's mind at ease. These are the guys who predicted the arrival of a G5 iBook in early 2005.
They have never, ever been right.
Not only are they always wrong, their rumors don't even make sense. AMD doesn't have a competitive notebook CPU and can't deliver in the scale Apple needs. These guys can't even fabricate a decent lie.
Just to put everybody's mind at ease. These are the guys who predicted the arrival of a G5 iBook in early 2005.
They have never, ever been right.
Not only are they always wrong, their rumors don't even make sense. AMD doesn't have a competitive notebook CPU and can't deliver in the scale Apple needs. These guys can't even fabricate a decent lie.
KnightWRX
Mar 6, 11:40 AM
Why is Apple the only tech company that makes unique products? All the other big ones seem to just drop in behind Apple after they invent something...
Apple doesn't invent. Apple refines.
Apple didn't invent anything with the iPhone as an example, it had all been there in the industry, sometimes for years before Apple came to market. They simply packaged it up and marketed it. App stores, SDKs, touch screens, Internet browsers, wifi, etc.. name it and we can find another device/company that did it before Apple.
That's what Apple does, they tie existing concepts and features together and put them through the marketing grinder to sell it. They are successful at this, sometimes where the pioneers of a particular technology failed.
Apple doesn't invent. Apple refines.
Apple didn't invent anything with the iPhone as an example, it had all been there in the industry, sometimes for years before Apple came to market. They simply packaged it up and marketed it. App stores, SDKs, touch screens, Internet browsers, wifi, etc.. name it and we can find another device/company that did it before Apple.
That's what Apple does, they tie existing concepts and features together and put them through the marketing grinder to sell it. They are successful at this, sometimes where the pioneers of a particular technology failed.
Eric374
Mar 18, 01:03 AM
About the Lock up, I think most of them don't know we can just do a hard reset without pulling out the battery in the iPhone. Just hold the power and home button down.
Actually I think its more the people with a turbo'ed Japanese imports that give an earfull to the European car owners. Or the Casio owners who brag how accurate digital is vs the luxury watches. I know someone who had to ask someone for the time cause her Piaget watched was unreadable due to the amount of flares coming from the diamonds inside LOL.. Obviously a fail watch but what you gonna do, sue them?
Jealously is all I can think of =)
You bring up some very good points there with the car and watch analogies.
I carry an English chronograph pocket watch from the 1870's, and people always give me crap about it. It's nearly accurate to Railroad standards and it uses a key to wind it, I love it. The most common comment is "wow, that's an old timer", or "gonna be late Mr. Rabbit?" to which I reply, "I hope I'm working this well when I'm 130 years old!
On the iPhone front, I usually hear the same thing that everyone else has posted, overpriced, fanboy, can't remove the battery, etc. But I've found that the best reply is "how's that battery life going, I'm on day 2" usually shuts 'em up.
Actually I think its more the people with a turbo'ed Japanese imports that give an earfull to the European car owners. Or the Casio owners who brag how accurate digital is vs the luxury watches. I know someone who had to ask someone for the time cause her Piaget watched was unreadable due to the amount of flares coming from the diamonds inside LOL.. Obviously a fail watch but what you gonna do, sue them?
Jealously is all I can think of =)
You bring up some very good points there with the car and watch analogies.
I carry an English chronograph pocket watch from the 1870's, and people always give me crap about it. It's nearly accurate to Railroad standards and it uses a key to wind it, I love it. The most common comment is "wow, that's an old timer", or "gonna be late Mr. Rabbit?" to which I reply, "I hope I'm working this well when I'm 130 years old!
On the iPhone front, I usually hear the same thing that everyone else has posted, overpriced, fanboy, can't remove the battery, etc. But I've found that the best reply is "how's that battery life going, I'm on day 2" usually shuts 'em up.
Suture
Mar 29, 06:54 AM
The cops are working on background info on both houses to try and get a warrant. It seems there have been other break-ins in the area and they are hoping to catch the guy (or girl) who has been doing it. Right now, my 360 showing up on my network has been the biggest lead they have gotten because it narrows down the area by quite a bit.
Glad to hear this. Hopefully you'll get your 360 back soon!
Glad to hear this. Hopefully you'll get your 360 back soon!
CoolAccent
Nov 23, 04:35 PM
According to Apple's Canadian website, the Black Friday sale will be there too, not only in the U.S.

wmmk
Nov 16, 04:49 PM
I will never buy an AMD computer again, especially in a laptop. AMDs are very hot processors and they require big fans(I learn that from my bro's Compaq), which make them thick and heavy.
It would be best for me if we could of kept PowerPC, developed a lower powerconsuming but stil powerful G5, or Xenon(chip in XBOX 360). But intel is still got...PPC for LIFE
i have to find it funny that you are among the ppc faithful and your username is imacintel.
The vast majority of everyday computer users don't know the difference between AMD and Intel, anyway.
I'd have to disagree with that.
AMD is more than capable of meeting Apple demand, by the way, considering that if Apple were to include an AMD option, that option would likely only represent a portion of an already small market share.. and more than likely in a low end 'budget' machine.
Apple has a low OS marketshare, but in terms of harware, they are one of the world's biggest manufacturers. AMD could not supply enough chips for a Mini Mac Mini type machine.
i think it would be a great idea for apple to merge with AMD
merge? you mean a partnership, or a full-fledged merge?
Perhaps we can choose between AMD and Intel? more options on the table.
That would mean we'd have to pay more for intel machines. intel is giving apple big discounts for not using AMD at all.
Apple just switched to Intel. Why would they go to AMD already?
because their users want the best. intel is great at the moment, but won't always be.
And one more thing....
Introducing the Macbook mini AMD edition!
AMD 4x4 processors at 2.6ghz
Nvidia 4x4 compatible chipset
AMD x1950 graphics w/ 512 memory
12in sxga screen
Superdrive
2 gigs memory standard
Liquid Nitrogen not included...
:p
that sucks, man! I want 16GB RAM in my lappy!
Maybe the AMD laptops are coming today :eek:
The store is currently down...
http://images.apple.com/r/store/backsoon/title_backsoon1.gif
it's up for me! (with nothing new)
It would be best for me if we could of kept PowerPC, developed a lower powerconsuming but stil powerful G5, or Xenon(chip in XBOX 360). But intel is still got...PPC for LIFE
i have to find it funny that you are among the ppc faithful and your username is imacintel.
The vast majority of everyday computer users don't know the difference between AMD and Intel, anyway.
I'd have to disagree with that.
AMD is more than capable of meeting Apple demand, by the way, considering that if Apple were to include an AMD option, that option would likely only represent a portion of an already small market share.. and more than likely in a low end 'budget' machine.
Apple has a low OS marketshare, but in terms of harware, they are one of the world's biggest manufacturers. AMD could not supply enough chips for a Mini Mac Mini type machine.
i think it would be a great idea for apple to merge with AMD
merge? you mean a partnership, or a full-fledged merge?
Perhaps we can choose between AMD and Intel? more options on the table.
That would mean we'd have to pay more for intel machines. intel is giving apple big discounts for not using AMD at all.
Apple just switched to Intel. Why would they go to AMD already?
because their users want the best. intel is great at the moment, but won't always be.
And one more thing....
Introducing the Macbook mini AMD edition!
AMD 4x4 processors at 2.6ghz
Nvidia 4x4 compatible chipset
AMD x1950 graphics w/ 512 memory
12in sxga screen
Superdrive
2 gigs memory standard
Liquid Nitrogen not included...
:p
that sucks, man! I want 16GB RAM in my lappy!
Maybe the AMD laptops are coming today :eek:
The store is currently down...
http://images.apple.com/r/store/backsoon/title_backsoon1.gif
it's up for me! (with nothing new)
dime21
May 5, 11:15 AM
Why are you using fear as part of your argument? I shouldn't have to have a gun on me to feel safe in my community. It's not saying I feel immune to crime, but fear of crime shouldn't drive a person.
Not fear of crime, but rather, the desire for self-preservation. Is someone else providing that safety for you? Or are you providing it for yourself? It sounds like you're taking option 3, and not providing it at all. FYI- the supreme court ruled that the police have no legal obligation to provide for your safety. Their job is only to catch the criminals during/after a crime - not to prevent it, and not to "keep you safe". Do you also choose not to wear your seat belt in your car, because that's for people who always fear collisions, and fear of an automotive collision shouldn't drive a person?
Yes, I own a few guns and I carry a hand gun on my person anytime I leave the house. To run errands, to pick the kids up from school, you name it, I'm carrying. I look it at the same way as the fire extinguisher I have sitting in the corner of my kitchen. I really really don't want an occasion to use it. Ever. But should that occasion arise, I absolutely want to have immediate access to it. Without that fire extinguisher, all I could do is stand in the front yard and watch my home burn to the ground waiting for the fire department to arrive. Carrying a hand gun is no different that that fire extinguisher in my kitchen or the airbags in my car. I don't ever want to use them, but having them can mean the difference between life and death. It doesn't mean I'm being driven by fear of kitchen fires or vehicle collisions.
Violent criminals frequently use guns to kill people. That is a fact, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to change that. Nothing. All you can do is arm yourself to level the playing field.
Given the choice, I'd much rather have the robber hold me up with a knife, than a gun.
Yes, because violent criminals give you a choice. lol. Next time you're in that situation, be sure to voice your opinion to your assailant. Please sir, if you are determined to rob me, please kindly exchange your hand gun for a knife. lmao. Oh wait, you may not even have the chance to ask, because now you're dead. He shot you because he felt like it, and there was nothing you could do to stop him.
Not fear of crime, but rather, the desire for self-preservation. Is someone else providing that safety for you? Or are you providing it for yourself? It sounds like you're taking option 3, and not providing it at all. FYI- the supreme court ruled that the police have no legal obligation to provide for your safety. Their job is only to catch the criminals during/after a crime - not to prevent it, and not to "keep you safe". Do you also choose not to wear your seat belt in your car, because that's for people who always fear collisions, and fear of an automotive collision shouldn't drive a person?
Yes, I own a few guns and I carry a hand gun on my person anytime I leave the house. To run errands, to pick the kids up from school, you name it, I'm carrying. I look it at the same way as the fire extinguisher I have sitting in the corner of my kitchen. I really really don't want an occasion to use it. Ever. But should that occasion arise, I absolutely want to have immediate access to it. Without that fire extinguisher, all I could do is stand in the front yard and watch my home burn to the ground waiting for the fire department to arrive. Carrying a hand gun is no different that that fire extinguisher in my kitchen or the airbags in my car. I don't ever want to use them, but having them can mean the difference between life and death. It doesn't mean I'm being driven by fear of kitchen fires or vehicle collisions.
Violent criminals frequently use guns to kill people. That is a fact, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to change that. Nothing. All you can do is arm yourself to level the playing field.
Given the choice, I'd much rather have the robber hold me up with a knife, than a gun.
Yes, because violent criminals give you a choice. lol. Next time you're in that situation, be sure to voice your opinion to your assailant. Please sir, if you are determined to rob me, please kindly exchange your hand gun for a knife. lmao. Oh wait, you may not even have the chance to ask, because now you're dead. He shot you because he felt like it, and there was nothing you could do to stop him.

saunders45
Sep 8, 08:43 AM
i won't defend the first comment, seems kinda overboard, though i bet it's way out of context.
however, the second comment... yeah, he probably drives a sweet car, but he also isn't in a political position in which he could be helping deal with the african poverty/aids crisis...
in both quotes, you have to look at the idea behind the words, not just take the words literally. but *he's* the dumbass...
I agree somewhat on the second point, but instead of just bashing others for not doing something, why doesn't he make an effort?
Because bashing others creates news, and it sells......
however, the second comment... yeah, he probably drives a sweet car, but he also isn't in a political position in which he could be helping deal with the african poverty/aids crisis...
in both quotes, you have to look at the idea behind the words, not just take the words literally. but *he's* the dumbass...
I agree somewhat on the second point, but instead of just bashing others for not doing something, why doesn't he make an effort?
Because bashing others creates news, and it sells......
EssentialParado
Jan 9, 04:57 PM
Thanks for posting the link guys. Can't believe it isn't posted on the main macrumor page yet. But what I CANNOT believe is that Apple spoiled it themselves!! AR%GH.
Please, whoever adds the link to the event, DIRECT link to the event page, DO NOT go to /appleevents/
Please, whoever adds the link to the event, DIRECT link to the event page, DO NOT go to /appleevents/
iShater
Jul 27, 12:32 PM
It has a lot of standard features, and seems to be more on the premium targeted market vs. regular sedans.
Did the Preius start out on the expensive side as well?
Did the Preius start out on the expensive side as well?
maflynn
Apr 22, 06:20 PM
Here's the reality of this non-issue:
Apple is not actually collecting this data, and this hidden file is neither new nor secret.
Sorry.
Sorry to break it to you but a device that records my location and saves that for reporting back, or for someone else to read is a serious breach of my privacy. As I stated, the police were fully aware of this, making this privacy breach more big brother like then anything else.
If anyone else were doing this, you'd be crying foul so fast but because its your beloved apple, they get a pass for recording your locations :confused:
Apple is not actually collecting this data, and this hidden file is neither new nor secret.
Sorry.
Sorry to break it to you but a device that records my location and saves that for reporting back, or for someone else to read is a serious breach of my privacy. As I stated, the police were fully aware of this, making this privacy breach more big brother like then anything else.
If anyone else were doing this, you'd be crying foul so fast but because its your beloved apple, they get a pass for recording your locations :confused:
milo
Sep 12, 08:16 AM
I can't imagine why Apple would have an event like this if there was going to be only Disney content available.
You need a new imagination. Or at least remember back to when they had an event to release TV videos, and only ABC content was available.
Not to mention that there will be iPod and streaming hardware announced as well.
So who is going to watch Snow White?
No... Bambi?
Or what about Lady and the Tramp?
FYI, "Disney" also includes Miramax, Hollywood Pictures, and Touchstone. That's hundreds of movies for adults.
You need a new imagination. Or at least remember back to when they had an event to release TV videos, and only ABC content was available.
Not to mention that there will be iPod and streaming hardware announced as well.
So who is going to watch Snow White?
No... Bambi?
Or what about Lady and the Tramp?
FYI, "Disney" also includes Miramax, Hollywood Pictures, and Touchstone. That's hundreds of movies for adults.
hb234
May 1, 10:43 AM
Does anyone have problems with launching launchpad? After installing the build, launchpad didn't even launch anymore. It only shows some screens flickering and then returns to the homescreen. Does someone have a solution for this problem?
Thanks in advance
Thanks in advance
CalBoy
Mar 13, 04:46 PM
Can you say just one company that seems to capture the needs/desires as Apple has?
I don'y see lines for the latest Droid phone or pad...
Like it or not of late; Apple knows how do things right...
I'm not sure what you're replying to...:confused:
Apple clearly does marketing and design very well, and most other tech companies are pretty honestly terrible at it.
However, good marketing and design do not make a company innovative. If those were the factors of innovation, then a host of clothing retailers are more innovative than even Apple.
I don'y see lines for the latest Droid phone or pad...
Like it or not of late; Apple knows how do things right...
I'm not sure what you're replying to...:confused:
Apple clearly does marketing and design very well, and most other tech companies are pretty honestly terrible at it.
However, good marketing and design do not make a company innovative. If those were the factors of innovation, then a host of clothing retailers are more innovative than even Apple.
hatersgonnahate
Apr 13, 02:55 PM
Delivered today.
thought about getting those but im getting the samson 3i's instead. lmk how they are
thought about getting those but im getting the samson 3i's instead. lmk how they are
Wizard of Woz
Jan 15, 08:32 PM
Ahahaha. While some of you have some true criticisms, (and correct IMO) of the keynote, some of you are acting like spoilt little children.
Personally I enjoyed the keynote, except for the $20 iPod touch upgrade, which is a bit of a slap in the face.
The MBA is a complimentary machine to me. I have a C2D 20' iMac on my desk, but need something ultra-portable and light to carry at school. Something that could fit in a tiny little satchel - even a MB is too big - therefore the MBA is perfect for me. It's a machine to take notes, write reports etc on. I'd simply transfer work off using my 2GB Flash drive.
I would like to see an app that could use the touch gestures to draw diagrams - that would be great for Science, Maths etc.
Personally I enjoyed the keynote, except for the $20 iPod touch upgrade, which is a bit of a slap in the face.
The MBA is a complimentary machine to me. I have a C2D 20' iMac on my desk, but need something ultra-portable and light to carry at school. Something that could fit in a tiny little satchel - even a MB is too big - therefore the MBA is perfect for me. It's a machine to take notes, write reports etc on. I'd simply transfer work off using my 2GB Flash drive.
I would like to see an app that could use the touch gestures to draw diagrams - that would be great for Science, Maths etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment