
AP_piano295
Apr 25, 02:36 PM
my question is what would you have McDonalds employees do.
You are asking teenagers to get involved in a fight and try to break it up.
Not really something you expect the average person of the street to do why should teenagers working and McDonalds be any different.
Heck most of the time betting/ fights are over before the brain finishes processing "Is that really happening?" followed by "Should I do anything?" Most of the time they get stuck in an endless loop of not sure what to do and the fight or flight responses takes over.
While the people doing the beating deserve to rot in jail at the same time I would not expect the employees to do anything other than really call the cops. This is one would you expect a person of the street to do something other than really call the cops and it is still over by the time the above loop is completed.
Well I don't know about you but if I saw someone beating the **** out of someone else while I'm working I would certainly get involved. And I would expect the same consideration from others.
If your employed somewhere part of your job is keeping the peace.
You are asking teenagers to get involved in a fight and try to break it up.
Not really something you expect the average person of the street to do why should teenagers working and McDonalds be any different.
Heck most of the time betting/ fights are over before the brain finishes processing "Is that really happening?" followed by "Should I do anything?" Most of the time they get stuck in an endless loop of not sure what to do and the fight or flight responses takes over.
While the people doing the beating deserve to rot in jail at the same time I would not expect the employees to do anything other than really call the cops. This is one would you expect a person of the street to do something other than really call the cops and it is still over by the time the above loop is completed.
Well I don't know about you but if I saw someone beating the **** out of someone else while I'm working I would certainly get involved. And I would expect the same consideration from others.
If your employed somewhere part of your job is keeping the peace.
thestaton
Nov 24, 06:19 AM
Huge saving on airport express. New Airport Ultra Express (802.11n) at Macworld!
Confirmed! :)
I find no mention of this anywhere, even did a google search.
Care for a link?
Confirmed! :)
I find no mention of this anywhere, even did a google search.
Care for a link?
TraceyS/FL
Oct 7, 07:40 AM
I haven't read the thread..... but i had my first Verizon issue on monday. In my area i couldn't make a call.... i finally when to the Verizon store to see what was up.
48 towers down.
36 towers up.
And a ever so wonderful :rolleyes: saleslady that had the personality of a..... anyway, she was very rude about it. In fact, i told her, "Hey, drop the attitude, i'm a non-contract customer - don't make me want to walk elsewhere."
The analogy i used regarding her.... couldn't sell water to a fish. UGH.
It's been the only major issue with Verizon in the 15 years we've been with them really.... and it wouldn't have been as bad if my stupid Comcast internet had been functional. IT's been up and down since Saturday and i'm starting to lose it.
ANYWAY, the coverage map is the first thing i tell people to check when asking for input on a carrier. Then ask people you know how their coverage is where you live. It's the only thing that matters.....
48 towers down.
36 towers up.
And a ever so wonderful :rolleyes: saleslady that had the personality of a..... anyway, she was very rude about it. In fact, i told her, "Hey, drop the attitude, i'm a non-contract customer - don't make me want to walk elsewhere."
The analogy i used regarding her.... couldn't sell water to a fish. UGH.
It's been the only major issue with Verizon in the 15 years we've been with them really.... and it wouldn't have been as bad if my stupid Comcast internet had been functional. IT's been up and down since Saturday and i'm starting to lose it.
ANYWAY, the coverage map is the first thing i tell people to check when asking for input on a carrier. Then ask people you know how their coverage is where you live. It's the only thing that matters.....

NAG
Jan 12, 07:43 PM
The issue here is that bloggers and online journalists are still a fairly new medium and haven't been fully accepted yet. This would happen with any sort of group that didn't have a history.
I would bet that no print media journalist would ever pull crap like this, either. He/she would have been fired on the spot and the publication itself would have issued a real apology, not post a video online and issue a half-hearted apology to one group.
Whoa. You honestly think that there isn't anyone in the print media that pulled stuff like that? You haven't read a lot of the more satirical magazines.
And by saying "haven't been fully accepted yet" you really mean "the big print media guys are still in their transition." They all know print is basically dead, they've been trying to transition for years. Some morons with a blog turning off tvs at a tech conference are not going to stop this transition. If anything it will lead to conferences learning how to properly vet online media like they do with print media.
I would bet that no print media journalist would ever pull crap like this, either. He/she would have been fired on the spot and the publication itself would have issued a real apology, not post a video online and issue a half-hearted apology to one group.
Whoa. You honestly think that there isn't anyone in the print media that pulled stuff like that? You haven't read a lot of the more satirical magazines.
And by saying "haven't been fully accepted yet" you really mean "the big print media guys are still in their transition." They all know print is basically dead, they've been trying to transition for years. Some morons with a blog turning off tvs at a tech conference are not going to stop this transition. If anything it will lead to conferences learning how to properly vet online media like they do with print media.
LastLine
Nov 23, 04:30 PM
Would a US .Mac code bought now work in the UK in February? ;-)
Macula
Oct 28, 05:01 PM
Apple will need to open up osX to generic PC's but i can understand they'll want to wait until the Mac growth is stalling. Maybe at about 10% marketshare ?
Science fiction scenario: Five to seven years from today Apple and Hewlett Packard partner. HP gives up on Microsoft/Windows and ships machines with either Mac OS or Linux. Dell considers joining the club, as well.
Another five years later, Mac OS market share approaches that of Microsoft.
:cool: ;)
Science fiction scenario: Five to seven years from today Apple and Hewlett Packard partner. HP gives up on Microsoft/Windows and ships machines with either Mac OS or Linux. Dell considers joining the club, as well.
Another five years later, Mac OS market share approaches that of Microsoft.
:cool: ;)
Gloor
Jan 15, 04:52 PM
Can somebody tell me why there was no update or price drop on ACD? Why is the PRO market left to the most critical point and then updated? Mac Pro is the best example. Its a brilliant machine now but 2 weeks ago? Some of the parts were 2 years old and they still charged the same amount of money for it. Dell, HP etc. are releasing new and updated displays whilst Apple ...........sleeps?
Mac.World
Apr 17, 05:07 AM
Uh...wow. I don't know where you went to school, but we were indeed taught about the struggles of all those people. Why should gay people be left out? This is not a special class being taught. It's just including the things gay people went through to gain equal rights in a history class that talks about all those other groups as well.
And yeah, it's just you. Why are you afraid of learning and knowledge? Why does this entire country seem to wish to remain ignorant rather than learn? What the hell is wrong with us? Seriously, it's becoming ridiculous. It really is. Knowledge is power. How is knowing less a good thing?
You completely missed the point. Let me be more specific for comprehension purposes. There is no way to teach the persecution of all peoples throughout the history of our planet with the way the school system is today. So where should the line be drawn? You never answered the question. Do gays deserve more attention than say slavery or the holocaust? It appears to me that you feel that a select few individuals, that may have been gay, deserve more attention than the plight of entire civilizations or race of people?
And this is not ignorance. Pointing out the sexuality of a person that made a contribution to society is irrelevant. Completely and utterly irrelevant! Do people remember Einstein for being a Jew or as the father of modern physics? You would prefer he was remembered as a Jew first?
As for me afraid of learning? Don't presume anything about anyone. I can make an educated guess by your spelling and grammar that you have an education. You are intelligent. We simply view this differently.
And yeah, it's just you. Why are you afraid of learning and knowledge? Why does this entire country seem to wish to remain ignorant rather than learn? What the hell is wrong with us? Seriously, it's becoming ridiculous. It really is. Knowledge is power. How is knowing less a good thing?
You completely missed the point. Let me be more specific for comprehension purposes. There is no way to teach the persecution of all peoples throughout the history of our planet with the way the school system is today. So where should the line be drawn? You never answered the question. Do gays deserve more attention than say slavery or the holocaust? It appears to me that you feel that a select few individuals, that may have been gay, deserve more attention than the plight of entire civilizations or race of people?
And this is not ignorance. Pointing out the sexuality of a person that made a contribution to society is irrelevant. Completely and utterly irrelevant! Do people remember Einstein for being a Jew or as the father of modern physics? You would prefer he was remembered as a Jew first?
As for me afraid of learning? Don't presume anything about anyone. I can make an educated guess by your spelling and grammar that you have an education. You are intelligent. We simply view this differently.
TimUSCA
Apr 15, 10:37 PM
And by that what do you mean. iPhones had little impact on phones like the BB Curve
He said *smart* phone.
He said *smart* phone.
.jpeg)
Powers
Jan 15, 02:28 PM
The public is not ready for that, and the R&D costs alone, plus deployment, would be tremendous and if you operate like Microsoft you find yourself spending 7 years to deploy a bigger leap only to find out it's a dud. Apple is smart for taking kiddie steps before they run with it.
The next kiddie step, I suspect, is multitouch... Granted, I'm sure some were hoping for a full blown multitouch display. I know I was.. but not everyone is ready for that experience just yet. In fact, I'd say a lot of people are't.
Couldn't agree more. I know people who have disabled the drag and tap features of the trackpad; let alone handle multitouch! The multitouch is excellent perhaps the best move forward in a long long while - time saved is money.
As a pro audio engineer I really really really wish it had Firewire 400 or 800 not USB2. USB2 is too slow for multitrack recording and drivers are no way as robust. Oh well.
The next kiddie step, I suspect, is multitouch... Granted, I'm sure some were hoping for a full blown multitouch display. I know I was.. but not everyone is ready for that experience just yet. In fact, I'd say a lot of people are't.
Couldn't agree more. I know people who have disabled the drag and tap features of the trackpad; let alone handle multitouch! The multitouch is excellent perhaps the best move forward in a long long while - time saved is money.
As a pro audio engineer I really really really wish it had Firewire 400 or 800 not USB2. USB2 is too slow for multitrack recording and drivers are no way as robust. Oh well.
Arcady
Jan 5, 06:34 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't the idea of a spoiler-free experience sort of run completely opposite to the purpose of this site? You sit around all year reading rumors and then don't want to be spoiled three hours before they post the keynote? Huh?
reallynotnick
Apr 25, 04:30 PM
As an owner of a 4.3in EVO (came from the original iPhone), I have to say I welcome a larger screen on the iPhone, though I admit 4.3in is quite large. I figure 3.7-4in is the sweet spot.
Spanna
Nov 25, 06:20 AM
Could someone please tell me what is thanksgiving, I have seen it being celebrated on many american television programs and I know it's got something to do with turkeys but they never seem to mention its origins. Also is it a national public holiday ?
MagnusVonMagnum
May 3, 04:38 PM
By 2020, mouse usage will be the minority.
I'm hoping by 2020 there's something out better than a trackpad, though.... I don't like them for long term usage (not comfortable, IMO). I'm thinking if Microsoft can do body tracking for XBox, it should be possible to do hand tracking for computers (e.g. put it on the webcam on a notebook. You could then do gestures and such in mid-air (e.g. touchscreen without getting fingerprints all over the screen. You could have templates for joysticks simulations, gun simulations, etc. Imagine just making a 'trigger' finger and playing a shooter game with no stick required.) I'd be thrilled if they could get voice interfaces and speech recognition/comprehension to work accurately so you could just talk to the computer for many things (ala Star Trek). Many things could be vastly improved over time.
I'm hoping by 2020 there's something out better than a trackpad, though.... I don't like them for long term usage (not comfortable, IMO). I'm thinking if Microsoft can do body tracking for XBox, it should be possible to do hand tracking for computers (e.g. put it on the webcam on a notebook. You could then do gestures and such in mid-air (e.g. touchscreen without getting fingerprints all over the screen. You could have templates for joysticks simulations, gun simulations, etc. Imagine just making a 'trigger' finger and playing a shooter game with no stick required.) I'd be thrilled if they could get voice interfaces and speech recognition/comprehension to work accurately so you could just talk to the computer for many things (ala Star Trek). Many things could be vastly improved over time.
maflynn
Apr 8, 11:11 AM
Actually, it depends on what you use your computer for, what your expectations are, and where your priorities lie.
You can say that about any consumer product.
Speaking in general terms, MS has added more to windows, improved performance and reduced the bloat with win7.
Apple has gone the opposite direction, adding bloat and no major feature since 10.5
You can say that about any consumer product.
Speaking in general terms, MS has added more to windows, improved performance and reduced the bloat with win7.
Apple has gone the opposite direction, adding bloat and no major feature since 10.5

Glideslope
Apr 25, 01:23 PM
Why are you so adamant that they will use 4S instead of 5?
-The 3GS had an identical appearance to the 3G, but with upgraded internals, hence the S.
-A 3.7" iPhone would not have an identical appearance to the iPhone 4 by virtue of the screen size alone, so there would be no reason to simply add an S.
-3G is a feature description, adding an S might make some sense there as it could also be considered a "feature description". 4 is a revision number, why would they add an S to that? 4.5 or 5 would make more sense.
-The iPhone 4 and iOS 4 were launched in the same time frame, it makes sense for the numbers on each to match up. What's next? iPhone 5 and iOS 5 of course. I don't know why they'd stray from matching revision numbers so quickly after finally achieving them.
-If they plan on calling the phone after this 6, why would they skip 5, which sounds like a bigger upgrade than 4S?
As far as I'm concerned, 4S is the least likely name possible for the next iPhone. iPhone 5, 4G (LTE), 4.5 (very unlikely), and plain "iPhone" all have a much greater chance than 4S (with 5 being the most likely). I just spent way to much time on this minor issue though.
The phone will be the 4s. The start of production of the CDMA phone in Aug 2010 threw everything off kilter.
The 4s will be a 4 with the 3.7 screen, and a A5 chip. That is it. Period.
The 5 will be out in 2012 with Qualcomms 2nd gen Dual Band Chip which will be ready early 2012. It will will be a complete redesign with LTE. My money is on some type of new chassis with a new hybrid aluminum. The back glass will be gone for sure.
Apple will then produce 1 World iPhone. 5,6,7,8,9.... all Global Phones. :apple:
-The 3GS had an identical appearance to the 3G, but with upgraded internals, hence the S.
-A 3.7" iPhone would not have an identical appearance to the iPhone 4 by virtue of the screen size alone, so there would be no reason to simply add an S.
-3G is a feature description, adding an S might make some sense there as it could also be considered a "feature description". 4 is a revision number, why would they add an S to that? 4.5 or 5 would make more sense.
-The iPhone 4 and iOS 4 were launched in the same time frame, it makes sense for the numbers on each to match up. What's next? iPhone 5 and iOS 5 of course. I don't know why they'd stray from matching revision numbers so quickly after finally achieving them.
-If they plan on calling the phone after this 6, why would they skip 5, which sounds like a bigger upgrade than 4S?
As far as I'm concerned, 4S is the least likely name possible for the next iPhone. iPhone 5, 4G (LTE), 4.5 (very unlikely), and plain "iPhone" all have a much greater chance than 4S (with 5 being the most likely). I just spent way to much time on this minor issue though.
The phone will be the 4s. The start of production of the CDMA phone in Aug 2010 threw everything off kilter.
The 4s will be a 4 with the 3.7 screen, and a A5 chip. That is it. Period.
The 5 will be out in 2012 with Qualcomms 2nd gen Dual Band Chip which will be ready early 2012. It will will be a complete redesign with LTE. My money is on some type of new chassis with a new hybrid aluminum. The back glass will be gone for sure.
Apple will then produce 1 World iPhone. 5,6,7,8,9.... all Global Phones. :apple:
jbg232
Mar 17, 11:03 AM
Of course, but dishonesty is immoral. Dishonesty coupled with theft and injury is illegal.
dishonesty in the abstract sense is the main tenet of your profession counsel.
Obviously this is not the case, but it would not necessarily be immoral to lie to save someone's life. This is a complicated topic which I don't want to go in to...
dishonesty in the abstract sense is the main tenet of your profession counsel.
Obviously this is not the case, but it would not necessarily be immoral to lie to save someone's life. This is a complicated topic which I don't want to go in to...

deriko100
Oct 12, 07:10 PM
I also agree that was stupid to do, but funny, i rely on gizmodo for my daily gadget news awesome site so it shouldn't be punished for that olddddd prank

infiniteentropy
Mar 24, 03:10 PM
So the next will be:
OS Xi
... little i being key.
Times, they are a-changin'... when they release XCode / gcc for iOS, the corner will have been turned. From there, it'll get crazy... :apple:
OS Xi
... little i being key.
Times, they are a-changin'... when they release XCode / gcc for iOS, the corner will have been turned. From there, it'll get crazy... :apple:
Giuly
Apr 8, 06:20 AM
I got http://m.UploadEdit.com/b92/45298487.gif'd recently and this one arrived at my doorstep today.
These just died, after giving me a whopping 23 days of usage:
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/7228/img0460ih.jpg
I'm wondering why the Magic Mouse comes with batteries intended for Canada (http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/AX91.PDF), though.
These just died, after giving me a whopping 23 days of usage:
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/7228/img0460ih.jpg
I'm wondering why the Magic Mouse comes with batteries intended for Canada (http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/AX91.PDF), though.
Eidorian
Mar 24, 07:31 PM
Downhill since Tiger.
quigleybc
Oct 3, 01:07 PM
Here are my predictions (hold on to your pocket-protectors):
Steve will enter the stage, the crowd will go wild, and he'll work on quieting them with lines such as, "I'd like to get started; we have a lot of great products I'd like to show you..."
We'll all proceed to connect to MacRumors and complain about how ****** stupid Apple is, yet continue buy every new release of anything they've ever produced.
Ya, that might happen, but last year he brought out the MBP which a pretty big announcement, so I'm hoping for good results again this year.
Like maybe a 12" MPB ? or a normal priced Black MacBook...
Steve will enter the stage, the crowd will go wild, and he'll work on quieting them with lines such as, "I'd like to get started; we have a lot of great products I'd like to show you..."
We'll all proceed to connect to MacRumors and complain about how ****** stupid Apple is, yet continue buy every new release of anything they've ever produced.
Ya, that might happen, but last year he brought out the MBP which a pretty big announcement, so I'm hoping for good results again this year.
Like maybe a 12" MPB ? or a normal priced Black MacBook...
ilpap
Apr 29, 03:39 PM
been using Lion since DP1 as my main OS without problems
me too
me too
iliketomac
Nov 23, 07:11 PM
I can confirm these are indeed the prices you will see. As for other details, none have been given. I'm sure we'll be told the details just before opening, such as what discounts can or cannot be combined by customers, etc. Expect all new signage in the stores, as well as a switch from the traditional black shirts to bright red shirts which display a product on front and a clever saying on the back. iPod, iPod Shuffle, MacBook & iMac will be the variety you'll see.
Also of note...if you bought recently (in the last few days) and want to get in on the dicounted prices, bring your product back in and plead with the store managers...they have the authority to return and re-ring the sale with the discount sans any restocking fee. Of course, they also have the right to be jerks and say no.
One last thing...don't plan on getting much attention from the Mac Specialist tomorrow, they'll be busy ringing out sales. Know what you want and get in line. They've been building stock for the last few weeks, but some items, such as iMacs and MacBooks are in limited quantities. (Perhaps 30 of each model in stock...maximum)
VERY WELL SAID.... there are enough hints and temptations by Apple to encourage the local consumer - just head on in the retail stores or online first thing tomorrow..... :D Happy Shopping!!
Also of note...if you bought recently (in the last few days) and want to get in on the dicounted prices, bring your product back in and plead with the store managers...they have the authority to return and re-ring the sale with the discount sans any restocking fee. Of course, they also have the right to be jerks and say no.
One last thing...don't plan on getting much attention from the Mac Specialist tomorrow, they'll be busy ringing out sales. Know what you want and get in line. They've been building stock for the last few weeks, but some items, such as iMacs and MacBooks are in limited quantities. (Perhaps 30 of each model in stock...maximum)
VERY WELL SAID.... there are enough hints and temptations by Apple to encourage the local consumer - just head on in the retail stores or online first thing tomorrow..... :D Happy Shopping!!
No comments:
Post a Comment