ariel
Sep 25, 11:46 AM
...well...I've been using Aperture 1.1 with 765k+ images on a 24" 800mhz G3 and it really rocks!...
I'm assuming you slipped and meant to type 20"...right?
Geez... musta been having a wet dream when i typed that LOL
Yes it is 20" and i use every bit of it heehee
I'm assuming you slipped and meant to type 20"...right?
Geez... musta been having a wet dream when i typed that LOL
Yes it is 20" and i use every bit of it heehee
polzii
May 3, 11:37 PM
Ordered one from macmall for a friend on April 19th. Got it on April 28th. No tax and shipping was 9 bucks. Dunno why folks keep going to the b&m stores
wlh99
Apr 26, 08:59 PM
After that I implement a Cancel method pointing to sender (button)
So, my goal is to use 1 start button and 1 cancel button.. and just do their actions. I have set up a the start button to start both timers, obviously both start their countdown at the same time which is not good.
I want to tell one timer to start and if I press cancel, invalidate it. Then If I press start again, call the second timer. (I do this because I read that you can't reuse a timer after you invalidate it).
Some people have suggested to use Booleans like true or false, or conditions. What do you think?
What if after pressing the start button, you create a timer and start it. Then pressing the cancel button invalidates and releases it. Then pressing the start button would create another timer, using the same pointer.
Totally untested and probably broken code below, but should demonstrate the idea:
-(IBAction)startButton:(id) sender {
// myTimer is declared in header file ...
if (myTimer!=nil) { // if the pointer already points to a timer, you don't want to create a second one without stoping and destroying the first
[myTimer invalidate];
[myTimer release];
}
// Now that we know myTimer doesn't point to a timer already..
myTimer = [NSTimer scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval:aTimeInterval target:self selector:@selector(echoIt:) userInfo:myDict repeats:YES];
[myTimer retain];
}
-(IBAction)cancelIt:(id) sender {
[myTimer invalidate];
[myTimer release]; // This timer is now gone, and you won't reuse it.
}
So, my goal is to use 1 start button and 1 cancel button.. and just do their actions. I have set up a the start button to start both timers, obviously both start their countdown at the same time which is not good.
I want to tell one timer to start and if I press cancel, invalidate it. Then If I press start again, call the second timer. (I do this because I read that you can't reuse a timer after you invalidate it).
Some people have suggested to use Booleans like true or false, or conditions. What do you think?
What if after pressing the start button, you create a timer and start it. Then pressing the cancel button invalidates and releases it. Then pressing the start button would create another timer, using the same pointer.
Totally untested and probably broken code below, but should demonstrate the idea:
-(IBAction)startButton:(id) sender {
// myTimer is declared in header file ...
if (myTimer!=nil) { // if the pointer already points to a timer, you don't want to create a second one without stoping and destroying the first
[myTimer invalidate];
[myTimer release];
}
// Now that we know myTimer doesn't point to a timer already..
myTimer = [NSTimer scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval:aTimeInterval target:self selector:@selector(echoIt:) userInfo:myDict repeats:YES];
[myTimer retain];
}
-(IBAction)cancelIt:(id) sender {
[myTimer invalidate];
[myTimer release]; // This timer is now gone, and you won't reuse it.
}

rstansby
Apr 15, 05:27 PM
Is it just me, or is the writing on the 3rd photo a bit skewed, or rotated in an odd way?
I agree.
I agree.
more...
Links
Aug 12, 05:07 PM
There is also no way of telling if you have a display with the newer specs or not, since there isn't another product code for this.
Oh yes there is.
See my Post #105 and use Chipmunk.
Oh yes there is.
See my Post #105 and use Chipmunk.
bobber205
May 5, 04:36 PM
There are completely different cultural factors that play into this as well. You cannot blame guns for this, you have to blame people. There are underlying issues that cause this type of violence that we are not dealing with. Guns are not the problem, our culture is. Treat the disease, not the symptom, or your results will continue to be the same.
We can do both at the same time. Refusing to have very strict gun control is a result of the culture problem you described. Guns are enablers for our worse instincts in our culture. Why enable them to have such destructive consequences?
We can do both at the same time. Refusing to have very strict gun control is a result of the culture problem you described. Guns are enablers for our worse instincts in our culture. Why enable them to have such destructive consequences?
more...
robbieduncan
Apr 26, 10:53 AM
Y
P.S. The box surrounding the up/down buttons is baboon-ass ugly.
What box? Not seeing one here (Firefox 4 on Windows Vista at work)
P.S. The box surrounding the up/down buttons is baboon-ass ugly.
What box? Not seeing one here (Firefox 4 on Windows Vista at work)

macduke
Mar 24, 08:33 PM
If there ever was a piece of software to love, this is it.
2001 was the year I built my first PC. I saved up my pennies as a bagged at the local grocery store and ordered my parts online from Tiger Direct. Wow, the times have certainly changed for me!
I could never go back. Nothing looks or runs as smooth as my ThunderBook! I just wish that I had been on board with OS X in 2001.
So only 6 more years until the 10th anniversary of iOS! Then I can brag about how I was there on day 1. June 29th, 6pm.
2001 was the year I built my first PC. I saved up my pennies as a bagged at the local grocery store and ordered my parts online from Tiger Direct. Wow, the times have certainly changed for me!
I could never go back. Nothing looks or runs as smooth as my ThunderBook! I just wish that I had been on board with OS X in 2001.
So only 6 more years until the 10th anniversary of iOS! Then I can brag about how I was there on day 1. June 29th, 6pm.
more...
OllyW
Mar 13, 08:18 AM
Tablets replacing servers? No way, no thank you.
Now that would be...
a massive paradigm-shift
:D
Now that would be...
a massive paradigm-shift
:D
iaymnu
Apr 7, 08:07 PM
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac5/iaymnu/IMG_1003-1.jpg
more...
wordoflife
Apr 23, 09:32 PM
I do agree that you should be able to remove your vote, rendering a net change of zero, but otherwise, it appears to be accurate.\
It's probably been figured out by now, but you can remove your vote (whether positive or negative). Just click the button that you previously clicked to remove your rating. Lets say you clicked +1 but now you want to take that back to make it 0, just press +1 again to undo it.
It's probably been figured out by now, but you can remove your vote (whether positive or negative). Just click the button that you previously clicked to remove your rating. Lets say you clicked +1 but now you want to take that back to make it 0, just press +1 again to undo it.
Huntn
Mar 4, 05:29 PM
Yes, I absolutely really think so. The problem is that if (as I suspect) you only get your news from left-leaning organizations you're only getting half of the truth. Based on what I see, it's still the right that is more energized, it's still the right that is excited to vote in 2012, because deep down everyone realizes that these protesters are protesting for petty reasons. They don't care about the kids, the schools, the state, the budget, the economy... they just don't want THEIRS to be taken away.
JC, would you call it "petty" to be fighting for your livelihood? BTW, you've just described 95% of the human race.
JC, would you call it "petty" to be fighting for your livelihood? BTW, you've just described 95% of the human race.
more...
MBHockey
Jan 9, 02:08 PM
Stupid news ticker gave it away. That's busch league.:(
WestonHarvey1
Jul 21, 09:30 AM
Oh my god...
did Apple seriously just make pointing fingers apart of their campaign?
I thought they were above that!
I understand that it's unfair that the other companies do that and all, but Apple really doesn't need to stoop to their level, do they?
They're not stooping. They are defending their product by demonstrating that the issue is not unique to their phone. I think most people instinctively knew this before the iPhone - telling someone that holding a phone a certain way might reduce the signal would have resulted in a shoulder shrug. Of course it will, it's a radio.
The N1 can't maintain a 3G signal when touched, period. Yet it didn't cause this kind of outcry because it wasn't from Apple.
did Apple seriously just make pointing fingers apart of their campaign?
I thought they were above that!
I understand that it's unfair that the other companies do that and all, but Apple really doesn't need to stoop to their level, do they?
They're not stooping. They are defending their product by demonstrating that the issue is not unique to their phone. I think most people instinctively knew this before the iPhone - telling someone that holding a phone a certain way might reduce the signal would have resulted in a shoulder shrug. Of course it will, it's a radio.
The N1 can't maintain a 3G signal when touched, period. Yet it didn't cause this kind of outcry because it wasn't from Apple.
more...
wordoflife
Apr 25, 06:33 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/284725738.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1303773395&Signature=PCxhkNUAUfz2RA%2FbPdbd3vLcc%2Bs%3D
Hmm
Hmm
darkplanets
Apr 29, 03:42 PM
I noticed on an aforementioned wikipedia page that Samba was removed...
Does this mean I cannot connect to a linux server via smb:// ???
Not everything is a windows workgroup... :(
I mean I guess it's not a huge deal since I can ssh in, but I liked mounting it as a volume from finder.
Does this mean I cannot connect to a linux server via smb:// ???
Not everything is a windows workgroup... :(
I mean I guess it's not a huge deal since I can ssh in, but I liked mounting it as a volume from finder.
more...
noodlelegs
Jan 4, 12:29 PM
It's January 4th and no sign of the Verizon iPhone. Oh well, there's always next year.

Anthony T
Apr 16, 09:54 AM
My only question is if the new iPhone will just come in one color/look. I like how there is a choice of white or black with the 3GS, but if they go aluminum, I can't see them making more than one color/look.
akac
Apr 29, 03:27 PM
Everything and I mean *everything* is constantly being shared from these developer's builds. Check youtube. It is what it is. There are no killer features in iLion. Certainly nothing like going from Tiger to Leopard.
Multi-User Screen Sharing is a killer feature for me. Versions is a killer feature for me. Those two alone are worth the upgrade.
Multi-User Screen Sharing is a killer feature for me. Versions is a killer feature for me. Those two alone are worth the upgrade.
QCassidy352
May 3, 11:01 PM
IMO, until the ipad gets this, which is entirely possible, it will remain more of a toy than a tool, and all these commercials will be nothing but fodder for the haters.
there's nothing wrong with toys, and this is a nice one, but these lines about doctors, CEOs, etc., are just plain ridiculous.
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and yours is wrong.
-Dave Barry
there's nothing wrong with toys, and this is a nice one, but these lines about doctors, CEOs, etc., are just plain ridiculous.
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and yours is wrong.
-Dave Barry
ghostface147
Apr 15, 04:48 PM
I am more curious how the labels are going to try to renegotiate contracts with Apple once Steve moves on.
I am not too sure Tim Cook or anyone of his pay grade is as tough as Steve is when it comes to these label execs.
I am not too sure Tim Cook or anyone of his pay grade is as tough as Steve is when it comes to these label execs.
Torrijos
Jul 21, 04:55 PM
Even if Rim, Palm, etc. exhibit the same antenna problems as the iPhone 4, Apple is acting like a cry baby by trying to shift the discussion to include their competitors. �Teacher, the other kids are being bad too, don�t punish me alone�.
Actually it was the competitors that tried to use the antenna problems as a selling point and as propaganda.
http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/06/28/how-do-you-hold-your-nokia/
So the lot of them are fair game...
As for bloggers that just wanted to troll the issue to drive their numbers up the presentation (and answers that followed) were pretty much Jobs telling them to try and get a journalist degree and get their facts straight, and who could blame him?
Since the iPhone 4 as started shipping we've had the antenna problem that has being described as if the phone could simply not be used (numbers debunked that) without real investigation, fake Jobs e-mail, fake reports of an engineer warnings etc.
If it wasn't for anandtech this all would be a complete disaster. The way different technology sites reported the story is just pathetic.
Actually it was the competitors that tried to use the antenna problems as a selling point and as propaganda.
http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/06/28/how-do-you-hold-your-nokia/
So the lot of them are fair game...
As for bloggers that just wanted to troll the issue to drive their numbers up the presentation (and answers that followed) were pretty much Jobs telling them to try and get a journalist degree and get their facts straight, and who could blame him?
Since the iPhone 4 as started shipping we've had the antenna problem that has being described as if the phone could simply not be used (numbers debunked that) without real investigation, fake Jobs e-mail, fake reports of an engineer warnings etc.
If it wasn't for anandtech this all would be a complete disaster. The way different technology sites reported the story is just pathetic.
bob67
Sep 12, 07:28 AM
can we confim the what countrys itunes stores are down ?
usa/uk ...
german store is down too
usa/uk ...
german store is down too
Rodimus Prime
Aug 7, 11:57 PM
Arguably true - but that illustrates a big weakness of the hybrid design...they are always going to take a weight penalty over a pure diesel or pure electric car.
Until we come up with a way to make batteries a lot lighter, more efficient and more green, they are going to force engineers to make big compromises.
but at the same time they carry the advantages of both which normally counter acts the extra weight. For example at low speeds electric is great and better than combustion engine. On the flip side combustion engines are better for maintain speed over long distance.
Basicly with the hybrid design you can get 40+ mpg in either city or hwy.
Until we come up with a way to make batteries a lot lighter, more efficient and more green, they are going to force engineers to make big compromises.
but at the same time they carry the advantages of both which normally counter acts the extra weight. For example at low speeds electric is great and better than combustion engine. On the flip side combustion engines are better for maintain speed over long distance.
Basicly with the hybrid design you can get 40+ mpg in either city or hwy.
No comments:
Post a Comment