Geckotek
Jan 1, 02:22 AM
My understanding is that AT&T is pretty far along in its upgrade from HPSA (3G) network to HPSA+ (faster 3G). They're doing this to maximize their existing investment in their infrastructure, and they should be able to employ LTE a little faster than Verizon has been, since LTE is a more streamlined upgrade from HPSA+. They claim that this is best for customers long-term, because when LTE (4G) coverage gives out, users can fall back on widespread HPSA+ coverage with similar performance. Whereas with Verizon, when you move out of an area with 4G coverage, you notice a HUGE drop in speed going to their ancient EV-DO technology.
Unless AT&T finally starts to upgrade their 2G network to HSPA or HSPA+, you're wrong. And Verizon's EV-DO network is still pretty speedy. It may be somewhat slower than AT&T's HSPA, but not as bad as people describe it in this forum.
Also, there is no difference what so ever in AT&T's deployment of LTE and Verizon's. LTE may have come from the same group that developed past GSM tech, but it is an entirely new tech and still requires new switches for both AT&T and Verizon. So no, AT&T will not be able to get LTE up faster than Verizon (except for the fact that AT&T will only cover part of their network if they continue their current pattern.)
Oh, and how is EV-DO ancient exactly? The current version is only about 2 years older than AT&T's WCDMA network.
FYI, I was getting about 500Kbps earlier today on my iPhone 4 here in Dallas. Not exactly lightning fast. Best I've ever seen is 3.12 Mbps and that was in a single test and wouldn't run that high consistently.
Unless AT&T finally starts to upgrade their 2G network to HSPA or HSPA+, you're wrong. And Verizon's EV-DO network is still pretty speedy. It may be somewhat slower than AT&T's HSPA, but not as bad as people describe it in this forum.
Also, there is no difference what so ever in AT&T's deployment of LTE and Verizon's. LTE may have come from the same group that developed past GSM tech, but it is an entirely new tech and still requires new switches for both AT&T and Verizon. So no, AT&T will not be able to get LTE up faster than Verizon (except for the fact that AT&T will only cover part of their network if they continue their current pattern.)
Oh, and how is EV-DO ancient exactly? The current version is only about 2 years older than AT&T's WCDMA network.
FYI, I was getting about 500Kbps earlier today on my iPhone 4 here in Dallas. Not exactly lightning fast. Best I've ever seen is 3.12 Mbps and that was in a single test and wouldn't run that high consistently.
roadbloc
Apr 23, 04:13 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8H7)
How would they acquire the data? How would they know this is a young person they actually want to follow? Couldn't they just follow them home from somewhere? Does the person need to lose their phone for a danger to occur? Does this paedophile need to have a phone with them?
The tracking that is occurring is by cell tower identification when someone is in range of one. Will the paedophile have access to a spy satellite to zero in on the exact location of an individual?
I'm still not buying it.
It is no secret that pedophiles have been known to hack children's computers to gain access to their webcam pictures, messenger conversations and ect. If that child has an iPhone and the said pedophile knows the file that contains the iPhone locations; what the pedo essentially has is the child's daily or weekly routine of where they are.
I buy it. Slim chance, but certainly possible and certainly doable.
How would they acquire the data? How would they know this is a young person they actually want to follow? Couldn't they just follow them home from somewhere? Does the person need to lose their phone for a danger to occur? Does this paedophile need to have a phone with them?
The tracking that is occurring is by cell tower identification when someone is in range of one. Will the paedophile have access to a spy satellite to zero in on the exact location of an individual?
I'm still not buying it.
It is no secret that pedophiles have been known to hack children's computers to gain access to their webcam pictures, messenger conversations and ect. If that child has an iPhone and the said pedophile knows the file that contains the iPhone locations; what the pedo essentially has is the child's daily or weekly routine of where they are.
I buy it. Slim chance, but certainly possible and certainly doable.
grmatt
Apr 5, 03:11 PM
I knew there'd be a lot of "wuts" but this makes sense. If you don't like it, don't download it. I'm sure plenty of people will and it only adds value to their advertisers.
Honestly though, some of the ads are really well done. Maybe I just appreciate them more than some others being that I am kind of in the industry.
Honestly though, some of the ads are really well done. Maybe I just appreciate them more than some others being that I am kind of in the industry.
Popeye206
Apr 8, 04:20 PM
I think I get it now. They save inventory so they can advertise they have iPad2 in stock on date x. Date x comes a long and hordes of people flock to their stores, buying all of their iPad2s in minutes. They now have an opportunity to try and move some of their Xoom inventory on thr more gullible in the group. I am sure most buys are trying to figure what pieces of the Xoom can be recycled.
Obviously that strategy isn't working with only 100K in Xoom sales so far! :p
Obviously that strategy isn't working with only 100K in Xoom sales so far! :p
more...
brenden
Apr 8, 10:57 AM
i5 27" and i love it. Replaced my 24"
Reasec
Apr 20, 04:23 AM
Windows are purely OS for "work enviroment". OSX is for casual stuff.
Cant imagine using freakin Miranda/ICQ/Trillian/Digsby piece of crap with MS Movie Maker and so on.
Same as i cant imagine using Outlook/Excel on Mac OS.
Windows is like Semi, gigantic ugly looking utility vehicle. Mac OS is like convertible ferrari - nice pus.sy magnet for everyday casual use.
Cant imagine using freakin Miranda/ICQ/Trillian/Digsby piece of crap with MS Movie Maker and so on.
Same as i cant imagine using Outlook/Excel on Mac OS.
Windows is like Semi, gigantic ugly looking utility vehicle. Mac OS is like convertible ferrari - nice pus.sy magnet for everyday casual use.
more...
a17inchFuture
Sep 12, 02:34 AM
So what do people think the resolution will be, for the movies? They better be more than the current tv shows and videos.
And honestly, I'd be upset if they only had higher resolution for movies, without upgrading the tv shows' as well.
EDIT: also, anyone notice the convenient home release date of disney's The Wild, as tomorrow? I would be tempted to check the quality out with a CG flick, especially one I haven't seen, that coincidentally stars the vocal talent of Eddie Izzard.
And honestly, I'd be upset if they only had higher resolution for movies, without upgrading the tv shows' as well.
EDIT: also, anyone notice the convenient home release date of disney's The Wild, as tomorrow? I would be tempted to check the quality out with a CG flick, especially one I haven't seen, that coincidentally stars the vocal talent of Eddie Izzard.
miamialley
Apr 8, 01:55 PM
I realize this is a rumor site, but posting conflicting rumors in the same day is getting obnoxious. Is there ANY fact checking at all?
more...
holycat
Oct 3, 06:12 PM
I expect is a series of product that interrelated in their functions.
first for sure iTV
then wireless 3.5 inch iPod video that can linked to iTV (might be earlier even b4 Christmas)
iPhone that will bring us some special functions
MBP nano....
hehehe..
first for sure iTV
then wireless 3.5 inch iPod video that can linked to iTV (might be earlier even b4 Christmas)
iPhone that will bring us some special functions
MBP nano....
hehehe..
WeegieMac
Mar 18, 02:55 AM
But people actually seem to hate Apple because they can't afford their products. Most of them admitted that had the iPhone been cheaper they'd buy one, hence they can't afford it so they are bitter.
Nail. Hit. On. The. Head.
In personal experience, most of the Apple "haters" I've known have fallen into the category if they could afford an Apple product, then they wouldn't hate.
Hating something is easier than openly admitting "I want that but cannot afford it", so by creating a hate figure out of the company/products, it makes it easier for the person to "accept" that they will never own the product they secretly lust after.
Nail. Hit. On. The. Head.
In personal experience, most of the Apple "haters" I've known have fallen into the category if they could afford an Apple product, then they wouldn't hate.
Hating something is easier than openly admitting "I want that but cannot afford it", so by creating a hate figure out of the company/products, it makes it easier for the person to "accept" that they will never own the product they secretly lust after.
more...
gangzoom
Mar 17, 05:49 PM
I get the opposite, every one I know these days seem to have a iPhone, or Mac..i've been using Macs since the days of the MacPlus, and remember the the time when people use to stare at me blankly when i tried to explain to them why my computer running system 6.5 cannot run "PC" programs :p
Personally I much preferred it when Apple had no market share :cool: I miss the days of Ramdoubler, conflicting extensions, apple file exchange and overpriced SCSI drives :)
Personally I much preferred it when Apple had no market share :cool: I miss the days of Ramdoubler, conflicting extensions, apple file exchange and overpriced SCSI drives :)
Eric374
Mar 18, 01:03 AM
About the Lock up, I think most of them don't know we can just do a hard reset without pulling out the battery in the iPhone. Just hold the power and home button down.
Actually I think its more the people with a turbo'ed Japanese imports that give an earfull to the European car owners. Or the Casio owners who brag how accurate digital is vs the luxury watches. I know someone who had to ask someone for the time cause her Piaget watched was unreadable due to the amount of flares coming from the diamonds inside LOL.. Obviously a fail watch but what you gonna do, sue them?
Jealously is all I can think of =)
You bring up some very good points there with the car and watch analogies.
I carry an English chronograph pocket watch from the 1870's, and people always give me crap about it. It's nearly accurate to Railroad standards and it uses a key to wind it, I love it. The most common comment is "wow, that's an old timer", or "gonna be late Mr. Rabbit?" to which I reply, "I hope I'm working this well when I'm 130 years old!
On the iPhone front, I usually hear the same thing that everyone else has posted, overpriced, fanboy, can't remove the battery, etc. But I've found that the best reply is "how's that battery life going, I'm on day 2" usually shuts 'em up.
Actually I think its more the people with a turbo'ed Japanese imports that give an earfull to the European car owners. Or the Casio owners who brag how accurate digital is vs the luxury watches. I know someone who had to ask someone for the time cause her Piaget watched was unreadable due to the amount of flares coming from the diamonds inside LOL.. Obviously a fail watch but what you gonna do, sue them?
Jealously is all I can think of =)
You bring up some very good points there with the car and watch analogies.
I carry an English chronograph pocket watch from the 1870's, and people always give me crap about it. It's nearly accurate to Railroad standards and it uses a key to wind it, I love it. The most common comment is "wow, that's an old timer", or "gonna be late Mr. Rabbit?" to which I reply, "I hope I'm working this well when I'm 130 years old!
On the iPhone front, I usually hear the same thing that everyone else has posted, overpriced, fanboy, can't remove the battery, etc. But I've found that the best reply is "how's that battery life going, I'm on day 2" usually shuts 'em up.
more...

l3lack J4ck
Nov 24, 12:15 AM
i just noticed that....im thinking they probably updated it...but this is more of a "mirror" per say of the old store...at midnight pst it will update im guessing...
thats just an idea
thats just an idea
T-Will
Apr 5, 04:53 PM
Awesome. Do they have an app?
Why yes they do. And it's FREE!!!
http://www.hsn.com/hsn-everywhere-iphone-app_at-3570_xa.aspx
Why yes they do. And it's FREE!!!
http://www.hsn.com/hsn-everywhere-iphone-app_at-3570_xa.aspx
more...
glocke12
May 4, 06:50 PM
I think you mean, I don't see how people condone doctors asking intrusive questions.
Where do they get off anyway?
Asking me questions about my body and lifestyle choices.
Just give me the pills and ESS-TEE-EFF-YOU! ;)
Fixed...
If I bring my child in for a checkup, physical, broken arm or runny nose the doctor really has no business asking questions that are not pertinent to the treatment of my child. He certainly has no business asking if I have guns in my house if I bring my kid in there for a physical or runny nose.
Where do they get off anyway?
Asking me questions about my body and lifestyle choices.
Just give me the pills and ESS-TEE-EFF-YOU! ;)
Fixed...
If I bring my child in for a checkup, physical, broken arm or runny nose the doctor really has no business asking questions that are not pertinent to the treatment of my child. He certainly has no business asking if I have guns in my house if I bring my kid in there for a physical or runny nose.
iStudentUK
Mar 17, 09:58 AM
This thread has 4 groups of people:
1. The op
2. People who think it is unethical to knowingly steal
3. People who are defending him, who have likely done a similar thing in the past and therefore feel attacked by 2s criticism
4. Philosophy students
Can I had another? Law students- don't know about the US but in the UK there is a case for theft here (depends on the OP's state of mind though).
However, I'm thinking this is a
D
N
I
W
OP just wants to stir.
1. The op
2. People who think it is unethical to knowingly steal
3. People who are defending him, who have likely done a similar thing in the past and therefore feel attacked by 2s criticism
4. Philosophy students
Can I had another? Law students- don't know about the US but in the UK there is a case for theft here (depends on the OP's state of mind though).
However, I'm thinking this is a
D
N
I
W
OP just wants to stir.
more...
bruinsrme
May 3, 04:01 PM
Considering communism is dependent on control of the resources so they can be equally doled out, it's not free and open. You're thinking of anarchy.
Your username is appropriate. :rolleyes:
I'm on an unlimited plan, so how do I pay for tethering? I use around 8 GB/month because I stream music, so I can't give up my unlimited. If AT&T offered the option to add a tethering plan, I would take them up on it.
I would gladly pay $20 a month to tether on my unlimited plan.
Your username is appropriate. :rolleyes:
I'm on an unlimited plan, so how do I pay for tethering? I use around 8 GB/month because I stream music, so I can't give up my unlimited. If AT&T offered the option to add a tethering plan, I would take them up on it.
I would gladly pay $20 a month to tether on my unlimited plan.
Stuipdboy1000
May 2, 10:46 AM
- iPod bug fixes
Hopefully fixes the bug when album artwork doesn't show on the lock screen. It's not a critical bug, just kinda annoying.
Hopefully fixes the bug when album artwork doesn't show on the lock screen. It's not a critical bug, just kinda annoying.
iJohnHenry
Apr 26, 10:21 AM
Yes, I do.
Mord, wow. :eek: That's all. :)
Mord, wow. :eek: That's all. :)
Chundles
Sep 12, 03:27 AM
what time is it in the Gong now?
6:26pm Tuesday 12th September.
6:26pm Tuesday 12th September.
rtdunham
Oct 10, 10:34 PM
i made a quick mockup of what it could be like, i left out some details. I changed the dvd icon to a mail/gtube one(youtube) because it supossdly has wi-fi.....opinions?
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/374/ipodmockzr0.jpg
...and an integrated spell-checker! :D
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/374/ipodmockzr0.jpg
...and an integrated spell-checker! :D
steadysignal
Apr 15, 07:35 PM
What about Amazon? Jobs made the big fuss about ending DRM, but he kept negotiating with the labels unsuccessfully, because he didn't want variable pricing either. So all the labels gave DRM-free tracks to Amazon. No DRM, but variable pricing. Jobs had to cave eventually.
seamless is only good for so much with the DRM.
i buy more and more off Amazon to get the open format.
seamless is only good for so much with the DRM.
i buy more and more off Amazon to get the open format.
jarednt1
Sep 8, 12:25 PM
How dare Kanye West be pissed off at something that EVERYONE should be pissed off at. He simply said aloud what everyone else was thinking. I say props to him, and I don't even like rap.
Why does everyone REFUSE to Blame this ignorant Mayor? This mayor they have is a total idiot.
Everyone REFUSES to even hold him partially responsible, instead its easier to blame Bush.
We all no why though, the mayor is black so no one wants to say anything bad.
Why does everyone REFUSE to Blame this ignorant Mayor? This mayor they have is a total idiot.
Everyone REFUSES to even hold him partially responsible, instead its easier to blame Bush.
We all no why though, the mayor is black so no one wants to say anything bad.
glitch44
Nov 24, 01:29 PM
well then i'll go back to sleep...
figuring you only save 1 dollar more on a macbook than you would w/ just an educational discount..i'll get it tomorrow...
oh btw..a hint...if you go to an apple store and buy a giftcard for the amount you need online...then you can use the gift card..get free shipping...plus get your 100 bucks off on a macbook w/ educatoinal discount and have no tax...
so you really end up saving 200 bucks....thats what im doing just a heads up
i'm confused... can you explain? using a gift card gets you free shipping and no tax?
figuring you only save 1 dollar more on a macbook than you would w/ just an educational discount..i'll get it tomorrow...
oh btw..a hint...if you go to an apple store and buy a giftcard for the amount you need online...then you can use the gift card..get free shipping...plus get your 100 bucks off on a macbook w/ educatoinal discount and have no tax...
so you really end up saving 200 bucks....thats what im doing just a heads up
i'm confused... can you explain? using a gift card gets you free shipping and no tax?
No comments:
Post a Comment