Tuesday, May 31, 2011

alliances of ww1

alliances of ww1. with our Serb allies. WWI
  • with our Serb allies. WWI



  • thedanceman
    Apr 5, 11:26 AM
    When my ipod got stolen I tried the same thing with Apple. My ipod is registered in the system, but they too would not give me the ip address of anyone using my ipod. You would have better luck just knocking on the door when you see the tv on and the xbox connected to xbox live.





    alliances of ww1. ww1 life
  • ww1 life



  • zwida
    Oct 2, 07:34 PM
    Well, that has to be the funniest thing I ever heard.

    Heh. I literally laughed out loud when I saw that line.





    alliances of ww1. triple alliance ww1
  • triple alliance ww1



  • Winni
    Mar 9, 06:43 AM
    I won't get into a furball over your post. Which large tech company operates in a candid & open way with customers?

    I don't know about "candid", but "open" as in "dialogue" certainly describes the way in which Microsoft, Dell, IBM and several other enterprise elephants communicate with their (enterprise) customers. It's mandatory for their business.





    alliances of ww1. B. The Two Focal Alliances 1.
  • B. The Two Focal Alliances 1.



  • JoeG4
    Mar 19, 04:27 PM
    On this note, I thought I'd point out that I hate it when Mac users give me **** for using a Sony laptop when I have more Macs then they've ever owned. :D





    alliances of ww1. Triple+alliance+and+triple
  • Triple+alliance+and+triple



  • MacToddB
    Oct 6, 06:43 PM
    Getting back to the actual advertisement. What self-respecting advertising professional would use someone else's tagline like that.

    I had a few friends watching the football game (where we saw the ad) and half of them thought it was an iphone commercial because they were only half paying attention and heard "there's a map for that".

    Pretty shoddy work in my opinion.

    Seems like it worked. Got a lot of people talking about it, razzing on AT&T and saying good for them (Verizon). On an Apple forum no less. Mission accomplished.





    alliances of ww1. The Central Powers Alliance
  • The Central Powers Alliance



  • bassfingers
    Apr 22, 09:45 AM
    +1 I'm all for it!

    teach our kids why rome fell etc.





    alliances of ww1. Articles on alliances for
  • Articles on alliances for



  • slffl
    Jan 8, 10:32 AM
    BTW, I had to laugh when they demoed FMV used as a wallpaper in Vista, and the crowd ooohed and awwed and clapped. :)

    is it possible to put fmv wallpaper on tiger? how?[/QUOTE]

    It looks like I was thinking of how you can use a screensaver as your wallpaper. Both Moving Desktop and Coolbackground. Serene Saver also uses FMV as wallpaper. So it's possible, but it's not built in quite yet.





    alliances of ww1. Tanks During WW1
  • Tanks During WW1



  • twoodcc
    May 12, 05:54 PM
    well i'm just having all kinds of problems. i noticed i had 2 of my systems down! the alienware and the home built rig - both were running 3.7 ghz, go figure.

    so i decided to drive the 1.5 hours back to my apartment and check on them. i drove thru a storm to get here, and the power had flickered! so everything, including my server had restarted! good thing i decided to make the drive.

    so hopefully i can get things straight here, and then i still gotta drive back and go to work in the am





    alliances of ww1. world war 1 tank
  • world war 1 tank



  • SPEEDwithJJ
    Mar 17, 12:43 AM
    Are you a Best Buy Reward Zone member? If yes, did you use your account when you check out the iPad?





    alliances of ww1. WW1 Alliances
  • WW1 Alliances



  • fastlane1588
    Sep 12, 07:50 AM
    yeah, yesterday.. event is over my friend.. where u been?

    u missed Steve launch off in his iSpaceShip to iMoon :D
    oh cool! yea i just realized i did the time change the wrong way





    alliances of ww1. World War One Alliances,
  • World War One Alliances,



  • tinman0
    Apr 16, 02:35 AM
    Is the difference that Apple is more willing to talk to and play ball with the content providers? Is it that Google has "changing its demands"? Is it about technical concerns? Are the content provides trying to guess who the winning horse will be?

    Haha, got to laugh when Google get a set back. As an executive a few months ago said about Google, "it's like negotiating with someone who is autistic".

    At the end of the day, Google have tramped over the copyright of all the companies it's trying to get a deal from (think YouTube), chances are that it's also trying to negotiate better terms than Apple with little things like giving everyone else worse terms than them (think the books deal), and so forth.

    And frankly, what do Google have to offer the record companies that Apple and Amazon don't?

    So think about the autistic comment, think about the terms they will be looking for, and you have to conclude that there is no reason that to think the record companies want or need Google as a partner.

    Google aren't bringing new subscribers so the chances are, Google are trying to bring prices down, which will ultimately cost the record companies money.





    alliances of ww1. ww1 life
  • ww1 life



  • MacRumors
    Aug 7, 02:18 PM
    http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

    Although not mentioned during the keynote, Apple has reduced the prices on its Cinema Displays. The 20" Cinema Display now sells for $699 (down from $799), the 23" Cinema Display now sells for $999 (down from $1299), and the 30" Cinema Display now sells for $1999 (down from $2499), representing cuts of $100, $300, and $500 respectively.

    Update: MacForum member BlizzardBomb notes that the specifications for the 20 and 23" displays have been bumped. The 20" display now has a brightness of 300 cd/m2 (up from 250 cd/m2), and the 23" display has a brightness of 400 cd/m2 (up from 270 cd/m2). Both models also now feature 700:1 contrast ratios (both up from 400:1). The 30" display remains at 400 cd/m2 and a 700:1 contrast ratio.





    alliances of ww1. Originally in an alliance with
  • Originally in an alliance with



  • Anthony T
    Apr 16, 10:10 AM
    A quick read through this thread is proof of why I normally don't bother reading or posting here.

    Almost everyone has posted that they feel the next iPhone could look something like this...

    ...which is completely ridiculous based on logic and common sense. But it has been my experience that Macrumors forums and "logic" and "common sense" cannot exist in the same place at the same time.

    Memory also seems to be a problem around here. For example, Apple's breakthrough smartphone that changed phones for forever, was completely and totally redesigned after its first year, because the design was incredibly flawed.

    To not understand the significance of this, is really to forfeit your opinion on what Apple will or will not do. You CANNOT logically state that Apple would return to an aluminum iPhone (no matter how sexy it might look), after having already moved away from it.

    2 straight years, the iPhone 3G and 3GS have unibody plastic design. The SAME one. This is not a coincidence, or laziness, or any other 4th grade opinion....its what the iPhone is. It's not going to change.

    The most Apple will do with the design, is make it a little taller to accommodate more pixels, but the design will remain. They may offer a few more colors, or they may not.

    Plastic, Unibody iPhones are here to stay. To state otherwise, is to fantasize, and ignore reality. (which is fine, just acknowledge it please).

    Ok, Mr. Intelligent. It's been 3 years since the original iPhone launched. Perhaps Apple found a way to make a phone out of aluminum or a similar material, without affecting performance? Also, the iPad is made out of aluminum, yet it uses 3G service. You're acting like you know for sure what will happen, and you don't. None of us do.





    alliances of ww1. WW1 Joffre-French #39;ONE
  • WW1 Joffre-French #39;ONE



  • !� V �!
    Apr 29, 06:09 PM
    Why do we assume that the person using it is an idiot? What was so confusing about it? It takes two seconds to get use to it.

    I think inverted scrolling has the potential to confuse people more and is probably harder to get use to.

    I am guessing that you have never worked as tech support or with family members or relatives that are not tech savvy. ;):D

    Remember :apple: produces products for the young and young at heart. ;)

    Have you not noticed that Steve Jobs weak eyesight and the text in Mac OS growing ever so large. If it was my choice I would have tiny text on screen.





    alliances of ww1. WW1 - The Alliance System
  • WW1 - The Alliance System



  • AidenShaw
    Oct 4, 02:25 PM
    Squarely wrong. Even "The Inquirer" has talked about the vastly superior multitasking AND SMP features of OS X Leopard, as compared to what Vista seems to offer. Damn, even today any version of Windows crawls far behind OS X in that.
    If you say so. I guess the people running databases on 64-processor Windows systems (http://www.ideasinternational.com/benchmark/ben020.aspx?b=eb4a0fa9-0344-487d-85ef-49539f0da8f0&f=Clust'd%3dN) haven't read The Inquirer.


    Second: the fact that IDF didn't have any "octo" machines derives from the simple and obvious assessment that Apple does NOT have any "octo" machines. Anything else would be just illegal.
    HP, Dell, IBM and the rest were running octos - their dual-socket workstations and servers were fitted with Clovertown samples provided by Intel. I didn't know that there was a law against that. :rolleyes:


    ...it's an easy fallacy to assert that the non-existence of machines "running OS X" in quad configurations at a certain event means a lack of capacity by OS X to do so.
    Sorry for the confusion - my point was that Intel was demonstrating the power of the octos by demoing with Windows as the OS.

    One demo even had a Windows quad (dual-dual) system which was upgraded onstage to an octo (dual-quad) system - the benchmark was re-run with the 8 processors on the octo to show the improvement.

    If Windows SMP and multi-tasking is as bad as you and The Inquirer say, I would have expected Intel to use Linux....





    alliances of ww1. The alliances of Europe in
  • The alliances of Europe in



  • spazzcat
    May 2, 11:46 AM
    I find it hilarious that Steve Jobs claimed Apple was not tracking users, but now all of a sudden we find Location tracking being completely removed from this version of iOS, that is honestly something that annoyes me..




    alliances of ww1. had no overseas alliances,
  • had no overseas alliances,



  • garry12
    Jan 10, 06:45 PM
    It's Telstra they wont place a reasonable pricing structure, plus their NextG network sucks. As I said before I want an iPhone but I wont buy if it's with Telstra.

    Agreed. I just hope that other an unlocked version is available eventually





    alliances of ww1. alliances have Europe on
  • alliances have Europe on



  • Corndog5595
    Dec 4, 08:02 PM
    My list of maps and how much I like them on a scale of one to five:





    alliances of ww1. existed before World War 1
  • existed before World War 1



  • Annerz
    Mar 17, 05:37 PM
    hahaa. I love the iPhone. It's a great phone.





    zim
    Nov 24, 08:04 AM
    $8 cheaper this year.

    I know! :) Looks like I am buying another (replacing one that fried after a power outage). So to those who doubted me :p





    maflynn
    Apr 11, 01:43 PM
    umm my computer from 2004 could run Windows 8 (slowly but it could) because it does have a 64 bit processor in it. I also believe W8 is going to be 64 bit only. W7 was the last 32 bit OS.

    As it should at this point, 64bit processors have been out long enough that this shouldn't be a problem.

    Those people who still have 32bit processors are generally not the type of people who will be upgrading to w8 anyways.





    lmalave
    Oct 19, 11:39 AM
    Two can play at that game. I still have the 400 shares I bought in 1997.

    Do the math. :)

    Split twice so that's 1600 shares now. $125K - you got him beat ;)





    Aeolius
    Oct 4, 09:16 AM
    Yep, and the average US 'car' looks more like a tank to the rest of the world.
    Actually, I do drive a tank of sorts; a 10-passenger van with a wheelchair lift.

    Define your own boundaries, and call them normal. Nice.
    I never said it was normal for the "rest of the world". I was simply stating what was normally considered a mansion in the US.

    As for boundaries, if money was no object I'd be living on a self-sufficient seastead out in international waters.





    Mousse
    Apr 13, 01:27 PM
    http://humorpix.com/images/0f1f0056ca26878fc23be02deea2407c/TSA_statistics0-size-600x0.jpg

    ZERO plots discovered.:eek: Why not have an automated body scanner that will alert an agent, if something odd pops up? Clearly the current system ain't working.:rolleyes:



    No comments:

    Post a Comment