steviem
Apr 9, 12:57 PM
It's really easy to spot fake beats when your scrutinizing them.
The knockoffs don't break? j/k
The knockoffs don't break? j/k
Gloor
Jan 9, 06:06 PM
i expect a new iphone(yes i do).the current iphone i think sucks i rather buy a nokia/sony ericson.
a new mbp.ore even bether i really want that new ultraportebole with nice penryn to go.
and what about that blueray?after warner has gone for the kill in toshibas heart and the theory microsoft just want chaos in blueray/hd sales so they can sell downloaded movies from the internett-maybe apple likes that theory as well ?would not suprise me.
And if they update the macpro why dont they update the cinema displays?(look at the name "cinema" displays you really expect something juicy with that name)
but like allways apple are allways interestet in proclaming that there products state of the art some of the products are.But if the product are state of the art - the product often speaks for it selfs..and if you are interested in a new fancy screen with that macpro check out the dell glass screen thats really something.
'And what about that games?why cant apple/steve jobs close the deal with more gamedesigners so that mac/appleusers can stop playing on windows on ther mac(never gonna hapend i supouse)...
dont allways wait for apple thats my tip but i really expect something groundbreaking to hapend inn MWSF - if not i would be just as shocking(thypical apple)...
I'm sorry to say it like that but can't you use spell check? I am foreigner too and I do make mistakes but what you wrote above is really ugly. I understood everything you said but man you should do something with your grammar check. Please
a new mbp.ore even bether i really want that new ultraportebole with nice penryn to go.
and what about that blueray?after warner has gone for the kill in toshibas heart and the theory microsoft just want chaos in blueray/hd sales so they can sell downloaded movies from the internett-maybe apple likes that theory as well ?would not suprise me.
And if they update the macpro why dont they update the cinema displays?(look at the name "cinema" displays you really expect something juicy with that name)
but like allways apple are allways interestet in proclaming that there products state of the art some of the products are.But if the product are state of the art - the product often speaks for it selfs..and if you are interested in a new fancy screen with that macpro check out the dell glass screen thats really something.
'And what about that games?why cant apple/steve jobs close the deal with more gamedesigners so that mac/appleusers can stop playing on windows on ther mac(never gonna hapend i supouse)...
dont allways wait for apple thats my tip but i really expect something groundbreaking to hapend inn MWSF - if not i would be just as shocking(thypical apple)...
I'm sorry to say it like that but can't you use spell check? I am foreigner too and I do make mistakes but what you wrote above is really ugly. I understood everything you said but man you should do something with your grammar check. Please
jamesi
Jan 12, 07:51 PM
the iphone is definitely the coolest, best, most capabile, etc but this keynote wasnt very good i thought. i was just hoping for some sort of upgrade or new product that has been a long time coming. the iphone, while impressive, really isnt it. a fullscreen ipod i think woulda been nice, that with the iphone woulda earned this keynote a very high ranking.
i somehow feel that they dont know exactly what to do about the whole ipod iphone relationship. when i was watching the keynote on the iphone i felt as tho the cell phone feauture of the machine was second to all of the cool features like going online, applications etc. hmmm
i somehow feel that they dont know exactly what to do about the whole ipod iphone relationship. when i was watching the keynote on the iphone i felt as tho the cell phone feauture of the machine was second to all of the cool features like going online, applications etc. hmmm
Nekbeth
Apr 27, 08:29 PM
I'm only posting my timer code balamw, you don't want to see the rest and even if you do, I wouldn't show it here. The only problem is the timer the rest works fine. You can check out my App tomorrow morning (Availability Date is 28 of April). Look for "Pastry Chef app"
How do you count your elapsed ? Again, NSTimer is simply an object inserted into the run loop. It has no conception of elapsed time beyond its own internal interval.
What methods are being called and by what ? What is the code to those methods ?
You have posted bit and pieces all over the thread, why not just post a readable, compilable example of everything you have that can help us reproduce or see your actual problem ?
Alright Knight, I'll show it all. Just please, if you see a problem that it's obvious to you, don't play or make trick questions, you can just explain it and I'll work it out.
How do you count your elapsed ? Again, NSTimer is simply an object inserted into the run loop. It has no conception of elapsed time beyond its own internal interval.
What methods are being called and by what ? What is the code to those methods ?
You have posted bit and pieces all over the thread, why not just post a readable, compilable example of everything you have that can help us reproduce or see your actual problem ?
Alright Knight, I'll show it all. Just please, if you see a problem that it's obvious to you, don't play or make trick questions, you can just explain it and I'll work it out.
markw10
Nov 24, 07:09 PM
and now it just came up and I don't see any sales. Am I wrong? It seems they are gone and had the idea this is a 24 hour sale. I wasn't going to cut my order close to midnight but it's 6PM mountain time now.I never expected it to end this soon. I'm hoping this is a mistake. I was going to order some products anyway so that won't stop me but yet I don't want to order and see the prices back in 10 minutes.
toolioiep
Apr 6, 07:44 PM
Vintage poster - it will look great in my media room!

ctdonath
Sep 29, 09:07 AM
Thats not apart of what a home should be. Homes are for eating, sleeping, loving, and relaxing. A screening room is for... Well, none of those.
Nicely put. I follow the "no TV in the bedroom" rule for similar reasons (that room is for two things); will now extend the rule accordingly and start planning for the next house with suitable layout.
Nicely put. I follow the "no TV in the bedroom" rule for similar reasons (that room is for two things); will now extend the rule accordingly and start planning for the next house with suitable layout.
wPod
Nov 16, 04:57 PM
come on, old news, ive been using a 15" with AMD for a few months now!
http://static.flickr.com/45/136507991_97ab1e6d66_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/99787587@N00/136507991/ )
http://static.flickr.com/45/136507991_97ab1e6d66_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/99787587@N00/136507991/ )

dime21
May 5, 11:15 AM
Why are you using fear as part of your argument? I shouldn't have to have a gun on me to feel safe in my community. It's not saying I feel immune to crime, but fear of crime shouldn't drive a person.
Not fear of crime, but rather, the desire for self-preservation. Is someone else providing that safety for you? Or are you providing it for yourself? It sounds like you're taking option 3, and not providing it at all. FYI- the supreme court ruled that the police have no legal obligation to provide for your safety. Their job is only to catch the criminals during/after a crime - not to prevent it, and not to "keep you safe". Do you also choose not to wear your seat belt in your car, because that's for people who always fear collisions, and fear of an automotive collision shouldn't drive a person?
Yes, I own a few guns and I carry a hand gun on my person anytime I leave the house. To run errands, to pick the kids up from school, you name it, I'm carrying. I look it at the same way as the fire extinguisher I have sitting in the corner of my kitchen. I really really don't want an occasion to use it. Ever. But should that occasion arise, I absolutely want to have immediate access to it. Without that fire extinguisher, all I could do is stand in the front yard and watch my home burn to the ground waiting for the fire department to arrive. Carrying a hand gun is no different that that fire extinguisher in my kitchen or the airbags in my car. I don't ever want to use them, but having them can mean the difference between life and death. It doesn't mean I'm being driven by fear of kitchen fires or vehicle collisions.
Violent criminals frequently use guns to kill people. That is a fact, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to change that. Nothing. All you can do is arm yourself to level the playing field.
Given the choice, I'd much rather have the robber hold me up with a knife, than a gun.
Yes, because violent criminals give you a choice. lol. Next time you're in that situation, be sure to voice your opinion to your assailant. Please sir, if you are determined to rob me, please kindly exchange your hand gun for a knife. lmao. Oh wait, you may not even have the chance to ask, because now you're dead. He shot you because he felt like it, and there was nothing you could do to stop him.
Not fear of crime, but rather, the desire for self-preservation. Is someone else providing that safety for you? Or are you providing it for yourself? It sounds like you're taking option 3, and not providing it at all. FYI- the supreme court ruled that the police have no legal obligation to provide for your safety. Their job is only to catch the criminals during/after a crime - not to prevent it, and not to "keep you safe". Do you also choose not to wear your seat belt in your car, because that's for people who always fear collisions, and fear of an automotive collision shouldn't drive a person?
Yes, I own a few guns and I carry a hand gun on my person anytime I leave the house. To run errands, to pick the kids up from school, you name it, I'm carrying. I look it at the same way as the fire extinguisher I have sitting in the corner of my kitchen. I really really don't want an occasion to use it. Ever. But should that occasion arise, I absolutely want to have immediate access to it. Without that fire extinguisher, all I could do is stand in the front yard and watch my home burn to the ground waiting for the fire department to arrive. Carrying a hand gun is no different that that fire extinguisher in my kitchen or the airbags in my car. I don't ever want to use them, but having them can mean the difference between life and death. It doesn't mean I'm being driven by fear of kitchen fires or vehicle collisions.
Violent criminals frequently use guns to kill people. That is a fact, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to change that. Nothing. All you can do is arm yourself to level the playing field.
Given the choice, I'd much rather have the robber hold me up with a knife, than a gun.
Yes, because violent criminals give you a choice. lol. Next time you're in that situation, be sure to voice your opinion to your assailant. Please sir, if you are determined to rob me, please kindly exchange your hand gun for a knife. lmao. Oh wait, you may not even have the chance to ask, because now you're dead. He shot you because he felt like it, and there was nothing you could do to stop him.

hb234
May 1, 10:43 AM
Does anyone have problems with launching launchpad? After installing the build, launchpad didn't even launch anymore. It only shows some screens flickering and then returns to the homescreen. Does someone have a solution for this problem?
Thanks in advance
Thanks in advance
eric_n_dfw
Oct 28, 04:57 PM
The thin veneer is off the vast majority of people that clamor for OSS.
Whenever I hear the OSS crowd scream "Software should be FREE!" I translate that to mean "I refuse to pay someone for their work, thus I will STEAL it"!
I don't blame Apple. The OSS community abused what they had and turned to piracy by stealing the GUI. Kudos Apple.
:rolleyes:
Anyone who understands what OSS and or "free software" is knows that they're not talking about money when they say it should be "free".
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software (emphasis added):
To help distinguish libre (freedom) software from gratis (zero price) software, Richard Stallman, founder of the free software movement, developed the following explanation: "Free software is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of 'free' as in 'free speech', not as in 'free beer'". More specifically, free software means that computer users have the freedom to cooperate with whom they choose, and to control the software they use.
Are there people who steal software, yes - but that has nothing to do with what we're talking about here.
FWIW: I work every day developing commercial web sites with free software (JBoss, Tomcat, Ant, Apache, gcc, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Eclipse, etc...). Why? Because we don't want to pay for it? Hell no! We pay a lot of money in licenses and support contracts just like we would for non-OSS products. The difference is that, when needed, we can see why the software acts the way it does and even can change it if we find it necessary. We don't have to rely solely on a vendor's promise about how secure or optimized their code is because it's wide open for all to see. THAT is what OSS is all about.
Whenever I hear the OSS crowd scream "Software should be FREE!" I translate that to mean "I refuse to pay someone for their work, thus I will STEAL it"!
I don't blame Apple. The OSS community abused what they had and turned to piracy by stealing the GUI. Kudos Apple.
:rolleyes:
Anyone who understands what OSS and or "free software" is knows that they're not talking about money when they say it should be "free".
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software (emphasis added):
To help distinguish libre (freedom) software from gratis (zero price) software, Richard Stallman, founder of the free software movement, developed the following explanation: "Free software is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of 'free' as in 'free speech', not as in 'free beer'". More specifically, free software means that computer users have the freedom to cooperate with whom they choose, and to control the software they use.
Are there people who steal software, yes - but that has nothing to do with what we're talking about here.
FWIW: I work every day developing commercial web sites with free software (JBoss, Tomcat, Ant, Apache, gcc, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Eclipse, etc...). Why? Because we don't want to pay for it? Hell no! We pay a lot of money in licenses and support contracts just like we would for non-OSS products. The difference is that, when needed, we can see why the software acts the way it does and even can change it if we find it necessary. We don't have to rely solely on a vendor's promise about how secure or optimized their code is because it's wide open for all to see. THAT is what OSS is all about.
p8ntballguy
Oct 10, 10:41 PM
...and an integrated spell-checker! :D
lol yea....like i said, it was quickly done....fixed:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/984/ipodmockge4.jpg
lol yea....like i said, it was quickly done....fixed:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/984/ipodmockge4.jpg

3N16MA
Apr 29, 01:39 PM
Steve really likes magic. Is he a magician?

Aniej
Jan 5, 11:24 AM
And there you go!
MattSepeta
Apr 27, 01:12 PM
You're basically saying we're not women/men by having such strict and naive definitions of gender, thankfully you're in the minority.
Why is it so difficult to simply broaden your understanding of what woman/man actually means? If you want to point out that I'm genetically XY like it means a damn be my guest, otherwise your whole viewpoint can get stuffed.
Where to start....
- How about the definition of "Gender".... I am not talking about "Gender roles" or "norms" or any of that. I am speaking ONLY about the scientific aspect of "Gender".
Case in point: Lets say a transgendered individual is stricken with a life threatening ailment. Now we all know that certain illnesses are more prone to certain genders. The doctor asks you what gender you are, in order to diagnose and cure you before you die. No matter how much you are convinced that you are actually gender "X" , having successfully lived as gender "X" for years, despite being born gender "Y", you are still going to be disposed to illnesses that effect gender "Y".
Anyone care to debate that? Any MDs care to chime in?
Another thing- I find it very interesting how quickly you guys started to assume I'm being "narrow minded" and how I need to "broaden my horizons"...
I find it even more interesting that you jumped to the same conclusions (prejudicial conclusions, perhaps) despite my twice stating that I support transgender rights and that it is not a personal choice but an inherent predisposition.
EDIT: So let me clear it us as exhaustively as possible---
I understand that people are born feeling that they were put in the wrong body.
I understand it is not a choice, that these people are born like this, just as I was born with lots of moles. Not my choice, not their choice.
I understand that these people have sex reassignment surgery, or may dress/act like the opposite sex.
I understand and support full rights for these people.
I understand and support a person such as this living as the opposite gender.
BUT
I think it is wholly inaccurate to scientifically label them as the opposite gender, despite all of the above.
Does that really make me a narrow minded biggot? Seriously?
Why is it so difficult to simply broaden your understanding of what woman/man actually means? If you want to point out that I'm genetically XY like it means a damn be my guest, otherwise your whole viewpoint can get stuffed.
Where to start....
- How about the definition of "Gender".... I am not talking about "Gender roles" or "norms" or any of that. I am speaking ONLY about the scientific aspect of "Gender".
Case in point: Lets say a transgendered individual is stricken with a life threatening ailment. Now we all know that certain illnesses are more prone to certain genders. The doctor asks you what gender you are, in order to diagnose and cure you before you die. No matter how much you are convinced that you are actually gender "X" , having successfully lived as gender "X" for years, despite being born gender "Y", you are still going to be disposed to illnesses that effect gender "Y".
Anyone care to debate that? Any MDs care to chime in?
Another thing- I find it very interesting how quickly you guys started to assume I'm being "narrow minded" and how I need to "broaden my horizons"...
I find it even more interesting that you jumped to the same conclusions (prejudicial conclusions, perhaps) despite my twice stating that I support transgender rights and that it is not a personal choice but an inherent predisposition.
EDIT: So let me clear it us as exhaustively as possible---
I understand that people are born feeling that they were put in the wrong body.
I understand it is not a choice, that these people are born like this, just as I was born with lots of moles. Not my choice, not their choice.
I understand that these people have sex reassignment surgery, or may dress/act like the opposite sex.
I understand and support full rights for these people.
I understand and support a person such as this living as the opposite gender.
BUT
I think it is wholly inaccurate to scientifically label them as the opposite gender, despite all of the above.
Does that really make me a narrow minded biggot? Seriously?
elppa
Apr 29, 04:01 PM
I like it as it is in Snow Leopard.
If Apple listened to all the “I like it as it” people we would still be on platinum. :)
Doesn't hurt to change things every now and then.
I wonder if this was in response to actual user feedback, or if Steve just decided one day…
If Apple listened to all the “I like it as it” people we would still be on platinum. :)
Doesn't hurt to change things every now and then.
I wonder if this was in response to actual user feedback, or if Steve just decided one day…
Dagless
Mar 23, 05:55 PM
This is fascinating!
Out of curiosity how built up is your area? Is this a neighbour you've spoke too before? I think I'd feel worse if one of my neighbours stole something rather than some thief I never met before. That said they're mostly old folk, Paul Scholes and a pub so I don't expect any of them to steal from me!
Anyway. I can't wait to hear how this ends. It sounds like it's all going to work out if you can just get the police into that house. Surely you'll be able to prove it's yours there and then by some serial number, hard drive key or something?
Out of curiosity how built up is your area? Is this a neighbour you've spoke too before? I think I'd feel worse if one of my neighbours stole something rather than some thief I never met before. That said they're mostly old folk, Paul Scholes and a pub so I don't expect any of them to steal from me!
Anyway. I can't wait to hear how this ends. It sounds like it's all going to work out if you can just get the police into that house. Surely you'll be able to prove it's yours there and then by some serial number, hard drive key or something?
WeegieMac
Mar 18, 04:59 PM
I'm all for people loving their apple products. I love my iPhone too. But unlike some of these apple fans, I don't consider my iPhone to be the holy grail of smartphones.
True, however it's like watching two people with tiny peckers argue about who's is biggest ... in other words, it's pointless.
The iPhone users being overly enthusiastic does not give Android users the right to come on and literally, and this is exactly what the do, TELL the iPhone users that they are wrong, like it's factual. Having an opinion is one thing, but coming onto a forum created for a certain product and telling users of that product what their opinion SHOULD be, isn't on.
I have yet to see one Android forum with as big an influx of rabid iPhone users who come on to do nothing but argue and disagree, as there are Android users on here.
Now, I am fully aware and appreciative that there are Mac users who own Android devices. However, if someone states that the Retina Display (super dooper marketing name and all) is the best display of any smartphone (and I happen to think it is, but that's my own preference) then who the hell is anyone to openly quote and say they're WRONG?
You'd get a more mature argument from two toddlers sitting tossing sand at one another in a playbox.
True, however it's like watching two people with tiny peckers argue about who's is biggest ... in other words, it's pointless.
The iPhone users being overly enthusiastic does not give Android users the right to come on and literally, and this is exactly what the do, TELL the iPhone users that they are wrong, like it's factual. Having an opinion is one thing, but coming onto a forum created for a certain product and telling users of that product what their opinion SHOULD be, isn't on.
I have yet to see one Android forum with as big an influx of rabid iPhone users who come on to do nothing but argue and disagree, as there are Android users on here.
Now, I am fully aware and appreciative that there are Mac users who own Android devices. However, if someone states that the Retina Display (super dooper marketing name and all) is the best display of any smartphone (and I happen to think it is, but that's my own preference) then who the hell is anyone to openly quote and say they're WRONG?
You'd get a more mature argument from two toddlers sitting tossing sand at one another in a playbox.
fel10
Apr 11, 08:05 PM
Finally got the iPhone 4, 32GB to replace my Droid. Loving it so far.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/babyboy_hot2005/Miscellaneous/SAM_0651.jpg
Got a car charger for it
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/babyboy_hot2005/Miscellaneous/SAM_0655.jpg
And a screen protector
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/babyboy_hot2005/Miscellaneous/SAM_0656.jpg
Also got "Tomb Raider Trilogy" for PS3
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/babyboy_hot2005/Miscellaneous/SAM_0654.jpg
Britney's new album, "Femme Fatale"
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/babyboy_hot2005/Miscellaneous/Screenshot2011-04-11at85434PM.png
And Shaw McDonald's new album, "Closer"
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/babyboy_hot2005/Miscellaneous/Screenshot2011-04-11at85456PM.png
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/babyboy_hot2005/Miscellaneous/SAM_0651.jpg
Got a car charger for it
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/babyboy_hot2005/Miscellaneous/SAM_0655.jpg
And a screen protector
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/babyboy_hot2005/Miscellaneous/SAM_0656.jpg
Also got "Tomb Raider Trilogy" for PS3
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/babyboy_hot2005/Miscellaneous/SAM_0654.jpg
Britney's new album, "Femme Fatale"
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/babyboy_hot2005/Miscellaneous/Screenshot2011-04-11at85434PM.png
And Shaw McDonald's new album, "Closer"
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/babyboy_hot2005/Miscellaneous/Screenshot2011-04-11at85456PM.png
Aniej
Jan 9, 05:08 PM
OK if anyone wants to make up for the spoiler incidents, I would appreciate someone pointing out a application that allows you to save quicktime and other forms of media by downloading it to our computers (aside from the obvious purchase to a quicktime pro). For example downloadhelper is normally great at this, but it is not kicking in for me in this situation. :confused:
jsw
Jan 10, 08:02 PM
I agree it was immature.
Still, it probably will lead vendors to 'secure' their sets in the future, and the fact that it was so obnoxious and obvious means it's very unlikely this sort of vulnerability will present itself next year.
Still, it probably will lead vendors to 'secure' their sets in the future, and the fact that it was so obnoxious and obvious means it's very unlikely this sort of vulnerability will present itself next year.
Ommid
Apr 25, 11:52 AM
Curiouser and curiouser.
If it's a fake, whoever did it did a pretty interesting job on it.
It looks plausible.
I mean we had:
iphone 3g
iphone 3gs
why not
iphone 4
iphone 4gs
Which would give incentive for people to go for the white one I guess.
then the 5 comes out later?
It would be 4S ;)
If it's a fake, whoever did it did a pretty interesting job on it.
It looks plausible.
I mean we had:
iphone 3g
iphone 3gs
why not
iphone 4
iphone 4gs
Which would give incentive for people to go for the white one I guess.
then the 5 comes out later?
It would be 4S ;)
macman2790
Nov 16, 01:08 PM
this is not going to happen in the near future. This probably has a chance if Apple's notebook marketshare doubles from what it is now. They might have to have two chipmakers to satisfy demand in about 5 years..........but now this is just bs, i wish digitimes would stop speculating about apple rumors because their always way, way off.
eric_n_dfw
Mar 25, 07:10 AM
Was evaluating OPENSTEP 4.x and WebObjects for my employer back in mid 90's and was blown away by Project Builder and Interface Builder (the grandparents of today's XCode). So glad to see it's not only still around (in a fashion), but thriving! Buying NeXT (and Steve Jobs) back is the best decision Apple ever made.
Vive la NeXT! Vive la OpenStep!
A couple images from those days that made me start thinking about buying my first Mac (ended up with a B&W G3 400Mhz) because of the promise Rhapsody/OS X had. As I recall, the first one appeared at www.next.com when the deal was being done - the 2nd a few days later. (and yes, those are my actual screen captures from Mosaic or whatever browser we had running back then!)
Vive la NeXT! Vive la OpenStep!
A couple images from those days that made me start thinking about buying my first Mac (ended up with a B&W G3 400Mhz) because of the promise Rhapsody/OS X had. As I recall, the first one appeared at www.next.com when the deal was being done - the 2nd a few days later. (and yes, those are my actual screen captures from Mosaic or whatever browser we had running back then!)
No comments:
Post a Comment