Chundles
Sep 12, 08:09 AM
Doubt it. WWDC people can pay to get a seat - it's how it works. This event is a media only invite thing. I suspect that the guys at MacRumors aren't high on Apple's invite list. :-)
Wow, it's been over a year since I logged in here. o.O
That's where we get the updates from. Media folks send out constant text coverage.
We'll be getting the same coverage as the WWDC, don't worry.
Wow, it's been over a year since I logged in here. o.O
That's where we get the updates from. Media folks send out constant text coverage.
We'll be getting the same coverage as the WWDC, don't worry.
McScooby
Nov 16, 05:15 PM
Apple already uses AMD, I think it was for a controller chip in the AE extreme base station. This was mentioned previously when the jump to Intel was announced.
I'm with you guys who believe it's all to do with iTV and also for next version "Ultra" Airport Extreme 802.11n!
I'm with you guys who believe it's all to do with iTV and also for next version "Ultra" Airport Extreme 802.11n!

Music-Man
Sep 12, 08:01 AM
Film content from Fox and Dreamworks?!
Look at the german Quicktime page, bottom left, under "iTunes Videos": Transporter 2 from Fox and Red Eye from Dreamworks!!
http://www.apple.com/de/quicktime/mac.html
Nice find!
I hope it's true.
Clicking on any of the links just takes you to the "It's Showtime" page.
Look at the german Quicktime page, bottom left, under "iTunes Videos": Transporter 2 from Fox and Red Eye from Dreamworks!!
http://www.apple.com/de/quicktime/mac.html
Nice find!
I hope it's true.
Clicking on any of the links just takes you to the "It's Showtime" page.
lordonuthin
May 4, 07:04 PM
oh man. that's not good. what flags are you using?
-smp 12?
yeah, -smp 12 but one core now shows minimal use. Before I restarted it it showed 4 cores with minimal usage... :confused: I'm going to try tossing the config file and see what happens. And of course it loses the wu each time I shut folding down.
-smp 12?
yeah, -smp 12 but one core now shows minimal use. Before I restarted it it showed 4 cores with minimal usage... :confused: I'm going to try tossing the config file and see what happens. And of course it loses the wu each time I shut folding down.
more...
baryon
Apr 5, 04:46 PM
I don't know why you people don't like this. Apple announced iAds like a year ago, and I still haven't seen a single one. I'm simply curious about seeing at least one iAd to see what all the fuss is about. This App allows you to see an iAd so you can know what it is, as no one has actually really implemented them yet. This is probably the only place that has iAds in.
Teddy's
Sep 25, 12:08 PM
who's rating this as negative???
All those who wanted MBPs I guess.
or is something like... Apple delivers, then negative. Apple doesn't, then negative.
Or redmond...
Here is what I think of your negative opinions: Meh!
All those who wanted MBPs I guess.
or is something like... Apple delivers, then negative. Apple doesn't, then negative.
Or redmond...
Here is what I think of your negative opinions: Meh!
more...
kdarling
Oct 7, 08:44 AM
Surprised this hasn't been noted here yet...
USAToday interviewed (http://www.usatoday.com/tech/wireless/2009-10-06-verizon-google-android_N.htm)the Verizon Wireless CEO about their new Android partnership, and got an extra comment:
Meantime, (the CEO) says, the carrier is continuing to talk with Apple about bringing the iPhone to Verizon. McAdam says Verizon would love to have the device, anytime Apple is ready. "It's up to them to decide."
Until then, he says, the two companies are having "lots of discussions" about Verizon's network and how it might affect Apple.
Real, or just pushing ATT's buttons so they have to pay Apple more? Who knows.
USAToday interviewed (http://www.usatoday.com/tech/wireless/2009-10-06-verizon-google-android_N.htm)the Verizon Wireless CEO about their new Android partnership, and got an extra comment:
Meantime, (the CEO) says, the carrier is continuing to talk with Apple about bringing the iPhone to Verizon. McAdam says Verizon would love to have the device, anytime Apple is ready. "It's up to them to decide."
Until then, he says, the two companies are having "lots of discussions" about Verizon's network and how it might affect Apple.
Real, or just pushing ATT's buttons so they have to pay Apple more? Who knows.

miketcool
Oct 19, 10:05 AM
1.5% woo hoo!! Thats quite a climb!
more...
swarmster
Apr 5, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the passing insult however I think I was pretty clear that your use for it was one I hadn't considered and also a rare case that made this app actually useful. I apologize for recognizing your rare and interesting situation.
I think you're missing the source of the issue here. The problem you and vast majority of people commenting here have is that anything that doesn't apply to you or interest you is met with hatred and ridicule. Instead of apologizing for overlooking the one use you consider acceptable, apologize for looking down on everything you don't understand and accepting that most things in life have applicability to someone.
But hey, here's another example, from before your post:
haha this is as lame as a tv station bringing out a half hour of the most "unique" and "fascinating" ads, wow.
also, maybe if they were some good, funny ads it would be ok, but no. The ads shown in the pic are just "EAT MCRIB" and "MAYBELLINE"...
This person doesn't realize that iAds aren't just a banner, but can actually contain some pretty complex and varied app-like content. Maybe if they downloaded this they'd learn something.
I think you're missing the source of the issue here. The problem you and vast majority of people commenting here have is that anything that doesn't apply to you or interest you is met with hatred and ridicule. Instead of apologizing for overlooking the one use you consider acceptable, apologize for looking down on everything you don't understand and accepting that most things in life have applicability to someone.
But hey, here's another example, from before your post:
haha this is as lame as a tv station bringing out a half hour of the most "unique" and "fascinating" ads, wow.
also, maybe if they were some good, funny ads it would be ok, but no. The ads shown in the pic are just "EAT MCRIB" and "MAYBELLINE"...
This person doesn't realize that iAds aren't just a banner, but can actually contain some pretty complex and varied app-like content. Maybe if they downloaded this they'd learn something.
.jpg)
drlunanerd
Aug 8, 04:07 PM
Hello "Einstein," -- while the panels may be the same, and they are, you should do a bit more research before tagging others with hostility.
The color management of Apple Cinema HD is superior to that of the Dell due to firmware differences and interaction with Colorsync in the actual OS. We do high-end color management on both 23 and 30" Cinema HD's -- we have a Dell 24 inch as well. Without custom profiles the Dell pales in comparision to the Mac Cinema HD's -- Even with a Custom Profile the Dell is less useful to us as most of our nationwide clients have Mac OS systems with Cinema HD's -- we can send a digital proof and insure that our client sees what we see thanks to the firmware/OS Sync.
In this respects Dells are very expensive monitors for us to use as they force us to burn physical color prints and FEDEX to clients. We cannot afford this in our job costs. So for our business we'll take the Cheaper, Superior Apple Cinema HD's over the less predictable, more expensive Dell's.
You really should consider all angles before bashing.
DJO
Does this superior colour management include the horrendous pink colour casts the 23" ACD is notorious for?
Of course if all your clients are using ACDs then it makes your job easier. Your logic is flawed as this does not mean ACDs are therefore superior monitors.
The color management of Apple Cinema HD is superior to that of the Dell due to firmware differences and interaction with Colorsync in the actual OS. We do high-end color management on both 23 and 30" Cinema HD's -- we have a Dell 24 inch as well. Without custom profiles the Dell pales in comparision to the Mac Cinema HD's -- Even with a Custom Profile the Dell is less useful to us as most of our nationwide clients have Mac OS systems with Cinema HD's -- we can send a digital proof and insure that our client sees what we see thanks to the firmware/OS Sync.
In this respects Dells are very expensive monitors for us to use as they force us to burn physical color prints and FEDEX to clients. We cannot afford this in our job costs. So for our business we'll take the Cheaper, Superior Apple Cinema HD's over the less predictable, more expensive Dell's.
You really should consider all angles before bashing.
DJO
Does this superior colour management include the horrendous pink colour casts the 23" ACD is notorious for?
Of course if all your clients are using ACDs then it makes your job easier. Your logic is flawed as this does not mean ACDs are therefore superior monitors.
more...

Eraserhead
Mar 4, 02:10 AM
Firing incompetent teachers sounds like a great idea, but it doesn't require unions to be disbanded to achieve. The British teachers unions aren't that strong, and still we have huge problems getting rid of poor teachers.
Jail time for strikers is bizarre and totally unacceptable.
Additionally there is no way you can claim that it is a "individual liberty" position to hold to be for jailing strikers.
Jail time for strikers is bizarre and totally unacceptable.
Additionally there is no way you can claim that it is a "individual liberty" position to hold to be for jailing strikers.
kirky29
Mar 24, 03:10 PM
Happy Birthday, OS X! Thank you for making me enjoy using my computer :)
more...

FriarNurgle
Apr 8, 01:24 PM
Bet they are lowering the price and want to avoid refunding money to so many people.
donlphi
Sep 25, 11:01 AM
So... what are we supposed to run this monstrosity on? The G5 QUADS had a hard enough time running the first one. I can't imagine running this on an iMac or worse... a mac mini.
JOKE JOKE JOKE
JOKE JOKE JOKE
more...
dernhelm
Oct 1, 05:58 AM
Slide to Unlock....
If they make the "star trek" whoosh sound when you open and close them, it might be cool...
If they make the "star trek" whoosh sound when you open and close them, it might be cool...
inkswamp
Oct 3, 04:00 AM
Ug, I can't believe I just defended a monopoly.
Bear in mind, there is nothing inherently bad in a company having a monopoly, not even Microsoft. What's bad (and illegal) is when a company in such a position abuses its monopolistic power. I have to remind MS defenders of this fact as many of them don't seem to grasp the nuance here. MS wasn't in trouble for being a monopoly (rightly so--being one is not illegal.) MS was in trouble for abusing that power.
Speaking of MS defenders, is it my imagination or are there an awful lot of Macrumors newbies on the board now who seem to bash Apple pretty quickly and at every turn? What's that all about?
Bear in mind, there is nothing inherently bad in a company having a monopoly, not even Microsoft. What's bad (and illegal) is when a company in such a position abuses its monopolistic power. I have to remind MS defenders of this fact as many of them don't seem to grasp the nuance here. MS wasn't in trouble for being a monopoly (rightly so--being one is not illegal.) MS was in trouble for abusing that power.
Speaking of MS defenders, is it my imagination or are there an awful lot of Macrumors newbies on the board now who seem to bash Apple pretty quickly and at every turn? What's that all about?
more...
louis Fashion
Mar 28, 03:56 PM
I award the l. Fashion design award to the big grey box at the top of this thread. Would look nice on my desk.

xUKHCx
Apr 27, 03:39 AM
It should work in IE now.
Perhaps a little quick on the draw here but it isn't working for me. The boxes have gone but the actual voting buttons still take me back to the forum index page.
I have cleared my cache and logged out and back in again.
Perhaps a little quick on the draw here but it isn't working for me. The boxes have gone but the actual voting buttons still take me back to the forum index page.
I have cleared my cache and logged out and back in again.
xAnthony
Mar 19, 11:38 AM
Even though I own two iPhone 4's I never experienced being a meat sandwich so that survey is mostly bullshiznit.
Just because you aren't getting laid doesn't mean it's 'bullshiznit'. Sometimes you have to blame the player, not the game.
Just because you aren't getting laid doesn't mean it's 'bullshiznit'. Sometimes you have to blame the player, not the game.
WildCowboy
Apr 29, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the feedback on the preferences for the scrollbars, folks...I removed it from the article.
bugfaceuk
Apr 29, 05:43 PM
Or the new MacBook Air and all other Macs will move to 4GB standard.
You can use it with 2GB but it is not a very good experience, even with a just handful of Apps open.
It's WAY too early to judge Lion's memory consumption. In my experience, only the final GM build (unsurprisingly) has ever had even a remotely similar memory profile to the final product experience.
You can use it with 2GB but it is not a very good experience, even with a just handful of Apps open.
It's WAY too early to judge Lion's memory consumption. In my experience, only the final GM build (unsurprisingly) has ever had even a remotely similar memory profile to the final product experience.
djstile
May 2, 12:44 PM
Isn't it interesting how a seemingly intentional act (active user tracking) changes to a "bug" once it's existence is published in the news media? :D
Nekbeth
Apr 27, 06:18 PM
EDIT: Finally, just a comment, PhoneyDeveloper pointed out that you had a parallel thread on the Apple Discussion forums. JMHO, but that's poor netiquette and is a waste of both your time and ours. At least link the two conversations, so folks don't end up repeating what someone else said on the other forum. Even just to say "someone over at the Apple Discussion Fourms (link) suggested ..."
B
Let me tell you something balamw, and I want you to remember it because it's obvious that you don't get my point either, even if I have said it over 10 times in this thread.
If you don't want to participate on my threads, stay out of it. Nobody is forcing you to read or post comment, alright ? If I want to open 10 threads on the subject in 10 different forums, well.. **** it.. that is how I like it. I'm not wasting anybodies time if they don't want to. Just ignore it and go to another one. I hope this is clear from now on.
About your links.. don't post them again.. I open one and read two paragraphs, I know where thats going. I could post 3 pages explaining you why and how Pro Developers should help Newbies but I not going to do that.
Next thing, quiz question: Just go ahead and ask, you can do as you like here; you'll sometimes get my answers just as sometimes I gets yours.
Again, thanks to all for commenting and helping.
My sources.. well, my main sources is the Apple documentation (all of it), then theres books and all the same stuff than most developers learn from. And.. no I haven't read all of the books, nor watch every video but I will.
I may not understand it all now balamw but give me a year or two and will see who needs some catching up to do.
well, back to work :)
B
Let me tell you something balamw, and I want you to remember it because it's obvious that you don't get my point either, even if I have said it over 10 times in this thread.
If you don't want to participate on my threads, stay out of it. Nobody is forcing you to read or post comment, alright ? If I want to open 10 threads on the subject in 10 different forums, well.. **** it.. that is how I like it. I'm not wasting anybodies time if they don't want to. Just ignore it and go to another one. I hope this is clear from now on.
About your links.. don't post them again.. I open one and read two paragraphs, I know where thats going. I could post 3 pages explaining you why and how Pro Developers should help Newbies but I not going to do that.
Next thing, quiz question: Just go ahead and ask, you can do as you like here; you'll sometimes get my answers just as sometimes I gets yours.
Again, thanks to all for commenting and helping.
My sources.. well, my main sources is the Apple documentation (all of it), then theres books and all the same stuff than most developers learn from. And.. no I haven't read all of the books, nor watch every video but I will.
I may not understand it all now balamw but give me a year or two and will see who needs some catching up to do.
well, back to work :)
wlh99
Apr 27, 02:44 PM
Target is the object that the message is going to execute isn't it. For example, if it's self, that means that those parameters are for the timer object you just created. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not trying to challenge your knowledge, just to learn as I go.
If you see my code before, I'm using NSDate for my timePicker. One favor, I'm not answering more quiz questions, I get your point.. I still need to learn more fundamentals.. I get it, just please contribute with the thread to find solutions or not.. (there are many Professional Forums).
If this were a "Professional Forum" I would just give you an answer. I want to know what you do and do not know, so I can help you learn it. So please don't take the questions as condescending, they will help us help you.
Think of objects as people, so to speak. Not only is the NSTimer an object, but so is your viewcontroller. So are the buttons. These objects know how to do things. These things they know how to do are methods. A message is an instruction for an object to do something.
cancelIt: is a method in your viewcontroller object, as are all the methods we have discussed. Then self would refer to the viewcontroller, not the timer. Self would refer to the timer if you had access to apples code that implemets the timer and you were modifiying that.
So a target is the object you are sending a message to. The message is the name of the method you want the object to execute.
[aTimer invalidate]; // tells the timer pointed to by aTimer to execute the invalidate method
When you press a button, a message is sent. The target and method are chosen when you make the connection in Interface Builder. In your case, the target is your viewcontroller, and the method is one of the start or cancel methods.
I asked the question becasue it is fundamental to what an NSTimer is/does.
An NSTimer sends a message to an object at regular intervals.
In your case, the NSTimer is telling your viewcontroller to execute the echoIt: every second. The important part is that your viewcontroller is an object, echoIt: is something your viewcontroller is doing (not the timer). You only have one viewcontroller, so anything it stores (for example seconds) will persit for any NSTimer you create.
Now look at the NSTimer documentation:
If you see my code before, I'm using NSDate for my timePicker. One favor, I'm not answering more quiz questions, I get your point.. I still need to learn more fundamentals.. I get it, just please contribute with the thread to find solutions or not.. (there are many Professional Forums).
If this were a "Professional Forum" I would just give you an answer. I want to know what you do and do not know, so I can help you learn it. So please don't take the questions as condescending, they will help us help you.
Think of objects as people, so to speak. Not only is the NSTimer an object, but so is your viewcontroller. So are the buttons. These objects know how to do things. These things they know how to do are methods. A message is an instruction for an object to do something.
cancelIt: is a method in your viewcontroller object, as are all the methods we have discussed. Then self would refer to the viewcontroller, not the timer. Self would refer to the timer if you had access to apples code that implemets the timer and you were modifiying that.
So a target is the object you are sending a message to. The message is the name of the method you want the object to execute.
[aTimer invalidate]; // tells the timer pointed to by aTimer to execute the invalidate method
When you press a button, a message is sent. The target and method are chosen when you make the connection in Interface Builder. In your case, the target is your viewcontroller, and the method is one of the start or cancel methods.
I asked the question becasue it is fundamental to what an NSTimer is/does.
An NSTimer sends a message to an object at regular intervals.
In your case, the NSTimer is telling your viewcontroller to execute the echoIt: every second. The important part is that your viewcontroller is an object, echoIt: is something your viewcontroller is doing (not the timer). You only have one viewcontroller, so anything it stores (for example seconds) will persit for any NSTimer you create.
Now look at the NSTimer documentation:
No comments:
Post a Comment