ednamartin36
Mar 25, 01:38 PM
Is there anyway to get free or trial copy of this OS? I have never used this OS. I am using Windows 7. I am happy with the OS but looking for some change. I also heard that it is not compatible with many popular software or applications..hmm...
Vontrump.com
Vontrump.com
snakelda
Apr 4, 01:13 PM
oh, and if the internet provider is giving you the run-around.
http://www.ip-adress.com/
go here, type in the IP address and it'll tell you exactly where the server is that they are connected to. It gives you the IP latitude and IP longitutde.
tell them that it is being connected at this server location and they'll be able to location exactly which hub it's being connected at and .. yea. trace the burgulars home down..
its says I'm from Phoenix but I"m not from there.....or is that where my ISP is from?
http://www.ip-adress.com/
go here, type in the IP address and it'll tell you exactly where the server is that they are connected to. It gives you the IP latitude and IP longitutde.
tell them that it is being connected at this server location and they'll be able to location exactly which hub it's being connected at and .. yea. trace the burgulars home down..
its says I'm from Phoenix but I"m not from there.....or is that where my ISP is from?
brianfast
Apr 16, 04:07 PM
The Apple ecosystem is no more open or closed then any other system, Apple, Android, Rim, Windows etc.
Apple has by far the most restrictive ecosystem. You can't even load applications that are not approved by Apple.
Apple has by far the most restrictive ecosystem. You can't even load applications that are not approved by Apple.
Warbrain
Sep 12, 08:26 AM
Man, I always wait till after midnight to check for new music that gets released on Tuesdays. Now that Apple has gone and changed my life in some inconceivable way again, I'll have to wait till this afternoon to get my new album fix from them.
Yea, there was an album that just came out today that I was seriously contemplating purchasing. I even found it this morning before the store went down.
Yea, there was an album that just came out today that I was seriously contemplating purchasing. I even found it this morning before the store went down.
more...

l3lack J4ck
Nov 23, 11:01 PM
and when you say EPP why do u think that will imply to me? i am not part of a corporate thing only a "university" student. I am acutally a high school student but am enrolled in college classes...i have a university id tho..
so you think it will be included?
so you think it will be included?

quigleybc
Sep 9, 12:16 PM
The chart topping hip hop rapper star who used a network hurricane fundraiser to charge "George Bush doesn't care about black people" was loudly and lustily booed during last night's NFL kickoff show.
The appearance of Kanye West, who was beamed into the Boston stadium via remote from Los Angeles, received a strongly negative response from the crowd.
"The boos were thunderous and lasted for much of his number," reports the BOSTON GLOBE.
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash9nfl.htm
That's so sad. Kanye stood up and put himself on the line by expressing something that needed to be said. America "the land of the free, say whatever you want, unless it upsets people" Kanye West has made himself a hero to all the people that were stranded on their rooftops, by directly challenging the administration, in a way that was blatant and obvious. No beating around the BUSH "He doesn't care about any of YOU" Bush didn't cut his vacation short for a few days into the tradgedy, Personally I think Bush is the anti-Christ and I am so glad that I got the hell out of the States and moved (right after he got re elected)
Those football fans are pathetic, If all those fans had the balls to do what Kanye did.....
it's a sad day to be an NFL fan. too bad i am one of them, but I would have been applauding as loud as I could.
The appearance of Kanye West, who was beamed into the Boston stadium via remote from Los Angeles, received a strongly negative response from the crowd.
"The boos were thunderous and lasted for much of his number," reports the BOSTON GLOBE.
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash9nfl.htm
That's so sad. Kanye stood up and put himself on the line by expressing something that needed to be said. America "the land of the free, say whatever you want, unless it upsets people" Kanye West has made himself a hero to all the people that were stranded on their rooftops, by directly challenging the administration, in a way that was blatant and obvious. No beating around the BUSH "He doesn't care about any of YOU" Bush didn't cut his vacation short for a few days into the tradgedy, Personally I think Bush is the anti-Christ and I am so glad that I got the hell out of the States and moved (right after he got re elected)
Those football fans are pathetic, If all those fans had the balls to do what Kanye did.....
it's a sad day to be an NFL fan. too bad i am one of them, but I would have been applauding as loud as I could.
more...
Mr_Brightside_@
Apr 11, 12:14 AM
What disappoints me in Lion is the system requirements. It is massively bloated. Core2Duo and 2GB of RAM minimum is terrible. Even though my Mac is capable of running it, I'm still not impressed. Hopefully the Resume feature will kick ass so much that it will be worth it. Other than Resume and Versions, the rest of Lion's features are a big 'meh'.
You are aware that the Core2Duo 'requirement' is because Lion is 64-bit, right?
You are aware that the Core2Duo 'requirement' is because Lion is 64-bit, right?

CQd44
Apr 16, 06:41 PM
Ahhhh.... dude... the only Apps that don't really get approved are ones that do things that can cause security risks or just plain trying to steal your information.
Yeah, I know... there are also Apps that break the rules and get axed, but for the most part, my first point is true. Any legitimate application can get approved.
If you keep up with Android apps, security is one of the their problems. Open? Yes... risky? Yes.
Didn't that lady's iAd gallery app get rejected?
also, the Google Voice had problems getting out. And different browsers didn't appear for a long while I thought.
Yeah, I know... there are also Apps that break the rules and get axed, but for the most part, my first point is true. Any legitimate application can get approved.
If you keep up with Android apps, security is one of the their problems. Open? Yes... risky? Yes.
Didn't that lady's iAd gallery app get rejected?
also, the Google Voice had problems getting out. And different browsers didn't appear for a long while I thought.
more...
cambookpro
Apr 14, 08:11 AM
2x 2011 MBPs:
http://blogote.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/macbook_2011.jpg
And, while I've just spent �4k on computers, surely another �500 can't hurt?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31SjDpxVXSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Black 32GB with red smart cover :cool:
http://blogote.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/macbook_2011.jpg
And, while I've just spent �4k on computers, surely another �500 can't hurt?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31SjDpxVXSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Black 32GB with red smart cover :cool:
LagunaSol
Apr 25, 12:19 PM
Would love a larger screen if they can maintain the same body size. I have no interest in something like the giant PDA-sized Android phones.
more...

markw10
Nov 24, 07:09 PM
and now it just came up and I don't see any sales. Am I wrong? It seems they are gone and had the idea this is a 24 hour sale. I wasn't going to cut my order close to midnight but it's 6PM mountain time now.I never expected it to end this soon. I'm hoping this is a mistake. I was going to order some products anyway so that won't stop me but yet I don't want to order and see the prices back in 10 minutes.
mcrain
Mar 4, 08:25 AM
Go Ohio! Crush the unions! Return to fiscal sanity. No more hiding behind a union... time to return to personal responsibility. Ohio today, Wisconsin tomorrow, who's next? Sweep the states clean, Tea Party!
BTW, there is no 'RIGHT' to collective bargaining.
Collective bargaining is a legislative privilege granted by friendly law makers in some localities which can be quickly and abruptly eliminated (as you've all just observed.)
Ahh, but if it is OK for the Republican Party to "sweep the states clean" you better keep your mouth shut when their actions here result in Democratic majorities and we sweep collective bargaining into a national right and make collective bargaining a far easier thing to obtain and make it a criminal act for any business or business owner to interfer with employees rights to organize unions. You're using your "friendly lawmakers" to launch a sneak attack on unions. Don't be surprised when this bites you in the butt.
Lee, my wife is a teacher. Most importantly, without thuggish unions, good teachers like my wife would make far more money than they do today, while the bad ones would make less or be fired. Actually, if she were any good, wouldn't she be teaching in a private school and making more money? Since she isn't, the evidence clearly shows she must be unqualified, and only have a job where she is rotting the minds of kids because of the union. Right? She's the problem, not all the good teachers she's keeping down.
(edit) In case anyone thinks I have said anything mean about FP's wife, keep in mind the only thing I know about her is that she's a teacher in a union.
BTW, there is no 'RIGHT' to collective bargaining.
Collective bargaining is a legislative privilege granted by friendly law makers in some localities which can be quickly and abruptly eliminated (as you've all just observed.)
Ahh, but if it is OK for the Republican Party to "sweep the states clean" you better keep your mouth shut when their actions here result in Democratic majorities and we sweep collective bargaining into a national right and make collective bargaining a far easier thing to obtain and make it a criminal act for any business or business owner to interfer with employees rights to organize unions. You're using your "friendly lawmakers" to launch a sneak attack on unions. Don't be surprised when this bites you in the butt.
Lee, my wife is a teacher. Most importantly, without thuggish unions, good teachers like my wife would make far more money than they do today, while the bad ones would make less or be fired. Actually, if she were any good, wouldn't she be teaching in a private school and making more money? Since she isn't, the evidence clearly shows she must be unqualified, and only have a job where she is rotting the minds of kids because of the union. Right? She's the problem, not all the good teachers she's keeping down.
(edit) In case anyone thinks I have said anything mean about FP's wife, keep in mind the only thing I know about her is that she's a teacher in a union.
more...
MacNut
Jan 12, 02:20 AM
who are you kidding? what part of iphone is not previously existed in technology? yay it has a nice UI, like all other apple products, but the hardware?And only 200 new patents.

utgerger
Jan 11, 02:56 PM
Since you seem quite confident about what might be announced next Tuesday I wonder if you know anything about a possible iPhone "2.0" - the next generation iPhone with 3G, GPS, 16/32GB, MMS, etc.?
As for the MacBook Pros: Do you know what this facelift might look like? Minor or major facelift?
Thanks ,
Sandrotto (that was my first post on this forum btw :-D )
MWSF won't be about a new iPhone.. its all about its current success, about its deployment into new markets and most importantly, the eminent release of its SDK.. from what I know, major iPhone update will happen sometime down the road.. maybe summer.. :confused:
MacBooks just got updated last november.. internals stay the same.. some cosmetic changes will happen otherwise it will look radically out of the Apple 2008 line..
MacBook Pros will definitely get a facelift.. Aluminum is definitely in along with the new keyboard.. but that's stuff we all know.. i don't have solid details on the pro line but its definitely slimmer with major black infusions.. (iMac)
it will basically be the big brother of MacBook Lite.. :)
ooops.. did i just spill something? something is definitely up in the air..
As for the MacBook Pros: Do you know what this facelift might look like? Minor or major facelift?
Thanks ,
Sandrotto (that was my first post on this forum btw :-D )
MWSF won't be about a new iPhone.. its all about its current success, about its deployment into new markets and most importantly, the eminent release of its SDK.. from what I know, major iPhone update will happen sometime down the road.. maybe summer.. :confused:
MacBooks just got updated last november.. internals stay the same.. some cosmetic changes will happen otherwise it will look radically out of the Apple 2008 line..
MacBook Pros will definitely get a facelift.. Aluminum is definitely in along with the new keyboard.. but that's stuff we all know.. i don't have solid details on the pro line but its definitely slimmer with major black infusions.. (iMac)
it will basically be the big brother of MacBook Lite.. :)
ooops.. did i just spill something? something is definitely up in the air..
more...
cult hero
Mar 24, 09:39 PM
OS X was the reason I moved to a Mac but, oddly, not from Windows. About the time XP came out I became a full time Linux user. I actually liked Windows 2000 okay but once you get used to a REAL command line there's no going back. The lack of commercial software was a pain though. In the business world I used some Adobe products and MS Office.
My best friend got a G3 iBook and while we made fun of him for getting a Mac, I tinkered with it when I had the chance since I knew it was built on Darwin and found I really liked it. My next laptop was a Mac and it's been that way since. The switch to Intel processors made it even better since, with virtualization, this machine can do basically everything I need it to.
My best friend got a G3 iBook and while we made fun of him for getting a Mac, I tinkered with it when I had the chance since I knew it was built on Darwin and found I really liked it. My next laptop was a Mac and it's been that way since. The switch to Intel processors made it even better since, with virtualization, this machine can do basically everything I need it to.
milo
Sep 12, 09:48 AM
Actually I believe it was 3... if my memory is holding true... it was...
The Office, Desperate Housewives, and Lost.
Nope. The office was later, initial release was all ABC and Disney.
Desperate Housewives, Lost, Night Stalker, That�s So Raven, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
The Office, Desperate Housewives, and Lost.
Nope. The office was later, initial release was all ABC and Disney.
Desperate Housewives, Lost, Night Stalker, That�s So Raven, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
more...
wpotere
Apr 13, 08:52 AM
The official 9/11 commission report speaks for itself.
Linky (http://www.usatoday.com/travel/columnist/mcgee/2008-02-27-state-of-airline-security_N.htm)
So much about that. Even when you read biased **** like the recent RAND Corp report the findings are astounding. What baffles me even more is their conclusion that international airtravel is the threat and domestic security should be reduced again. Nevermind that the 9/11 flights were all domestic flights and the 9/11 gang would have most likely been caught had they tried this stunt on an international flight with the pre 9/11 security measures of international travel. There is so much misinformation and ******** being propagated in this arena my trust in the competence of anyone involved in this business is absolute zero.
That is a 2+ year old blog article and proves nothing. :rolleyes:
So tell me since you seem to be so wise, what would you do to fix this problem? Rather than tear down the current solution how about telling us what you would do to FIX it? We clearly can't get rid of screening as that leaves us open for attack using planes as missles.
Linky (http://www.usatoday.com/travel/columnist/mcgee/2008-02-27-state-of-airline-security_N.htm)
So much about that. Even when you read biased **** like the recent RAND Corp report the findings are astounding. What baffles me even more is their conclusion that international airtravel is the threat and domestic security should be reduced again. Nevermind that the 9/11 flights were all domestic flights and the 9/11 gang would have most likely been caught had they tried this stunt on an international flight with the pre 9/11 security measures of international travel. There is so much misinformation and ******** being propagated in this arena my trust in the competence of anyone involved in this business is absolute zero.
That is a 2+ year old blog article and proves nothing. :rolleyes:
So tell me since you seem to be so wise, what would you do to fix this problem? Rather than tear down the current solution how about telling us what you would do to FIX it? We clearly can't get rid of screening as that leaves us open for attack using planes as missles.

RobertD63
Apr 27, 06:03 PM
Arn,
May I ask if you feel this feature has been useful so far. I really like the concept of a post rating. But I feel like this doesn't bring any real value to the MR community.
Thanks,
:)
It would be useful if they you reached a certain amount of upvotes you can get into the marketplace too. That'll help with actual contributing users that don't post much. The current system provokes people to just post quick short responses to raise their post count.
May I ask if you feel this feature has been useful so far. I really like the concept of a post rating. But I feel like this doesn't bring any real value to the MR community.
Thanks,
:)
It would be useful if they you reached a certain amount of upvotes you can get into the marketplace too. That'll help with actual contributing users that don't post much. The current system provokes people to just post quick short responses to raise their post count.
miketcool
Sep 12, 08:23 AM
Man, I always wait till after midnight to check for new music that gets released on Tuesdays. Now that Apple has gone and changed my life in some inconceivable way again, I'll have to wait till this afternoon to get my new album fix from them.
nim81
Mar 13, 04:46 AM
While Symbian might have been first, I was talking strictly about iOS vs Android as that was what the poster hinted at.
Backgrounding certain tasks is fine, and yes it works well even though it's not a replacement for multi-tasking. What I hate is the task manager they came up with that is near useless since it doesn't actually give you a list of running tasks. It's a list of everything you've done with the phone, in like ever. You need to manually clean it up and even then, you don't know what is and isn't running.
I wasn't talking about design and updates. More like the marketing effort and the stagnation between said spec bumps. They marketed the crap out of the Rev A, then it just fell out of sight. Same for AppleTV 1st generation.
But thanks for assuming and correcting me on something I didn't mention or hint at. Real classy.
Honestly I think Apple got the multitasking almost spot on... the way it manages it is perfect for a device with limited battery/processing power.
In the last 6 months I've "fixed" two phones for people (1x Android, 1 x Symbian) who've installed an app that's running constantly in the background and making the phone unusable to the point they thought it was broken. I used to find it with my own Nokia N95, the multitasking ability was excellent but you had to be careful what you left running or the battery could run down in a few hours.
I think Apple have made an excellent trade-off in that way, it used to bug the hell out of me that I couldn't use sat nav or internet radio apps in the background, but since iOS 4 I've really not found any situation where I need "true" multitasking and the current implementation has little effect on the battery.
That said, I agree with what you say about the task manager, it feels really clunky. I don't know what would be the best way to change it, but I'm sure there has to be something better.
Going back to what the OP is saying, no Apple is of course not unique in innovating, to suggest so is just blinkered. Taking the point of the multitasking or even copy and paste, I'm pretty sure that if other mobile OSs weren't doing this, Apple would have been happy to sit back and say sorry, you just can't do that. They can be quite an arrogant company like that.
Backgrounding certain tasks is fine, and yes it works well even though it's not a replacement for multi-tasking. What I hate is the task manager they came up with that is near useless since it doesn't actually give you a list of running tasks. It's a list of everything you've done with the phone, in like ever. You need to manually clean it up and even then, you don't know what is and isn't running.
I wasn't talking about design and updates. More like the marketing effort and the stagnation between said spec bumps. They marketed the crap out of the Rev A, then it just fell out of sight. Same for AppleTV 1st generation.
But thanks for assuming and correcting me on something I didn't mention or hint at. Real classy.
Honestly I think Apple got the multitasking almost spot on... the way it manages it is perfect for a device with limited battery/processing power.
In the last 6 months I've "fixed" two phones for people (1x Android, 1 x Symbian) who've installed an app that's running constantly in the background and making the phone unusable to the point they thought it was broken. I used to find it with my own Nokia N95, the multitasking ability was excellent but you had to be careful what you left running or the battery could run down in a few hours.
I think Apple have made an excellent trade-off in that way, it used to bug the hell out of me that I couldn't use sat nav or internet radio apps in the background, but since iOS 4 I've really not found any situation where I need "true" multitasking and the current implementation has little effect on the battery.
That said, I agree with what you say about the task manager, it feels really clunky. I don't know what would be the best way to change it, but I'm sure there has to be something better.
Going back to what the OP is saying, no Apple is of course not unique in innovating, to suggest so is just blinkered. Taking the point of the multitasking or even copy and paste, I'm pretty sure that if other mobile OSs weren't doing this, Apple would have been happy to sit back and say sorry, you just can't do that. They can be quite an arrogant company like that.
WeegieMac
Mar 18, 04:40 PM
This is what I "love" about MacRumors, it's the only Apple fansite where Apple fans, rightly proud of their products, can log on and be TOLD what their opinions should be by rabid fans of other devices, who in turn use the fanboy card to back up their point of view, therefore rendering any reply by an Apple user pointless.
The Android fans are as bad, if not in fact worse, than the iPhone fans on here. The very notion you come to an Apple site to stress your point of view and borderline enforce it to the point of it being accepted as fact, proves as much.
The Android fans are as bad, if not in fact worse, than the iPhone fans on here. The very notion you come to an Apple site to stress your point of view and borderline enforce it to the point of it being accepted as fact, proves as much.
MacFan1957
Jul 21, 11:07 AM
Really classy apple. Try to cover up your mistake by confusing users and trying to insult competitors you didn't think you even had to worry about.
Apple continues to disappoint in surprising ways. What happened to the focus on building great products?
If users are confused that is their own fault not Apples. A part of that confusion is that this is some kind of design "mistake" on Apples part, its not, it was a design choice! It was a trade off of battery life, form factor and signal strength. I can only say that for me the phone is as perfect as it could be given obvious limitations, battery life isn't limitless and all cell phone suffer with signal issues of some kind.
I trust Apple, they are smarter than your average blogger and for sure smarter than your average forum poster! More power to them I say! :-)
Apple continues to disappoint in surprising ways. What happened to the focus on building great products?
If users are confused that is their own fault not Apples. A part of that confusion is that this is some kind of design "mistake" on Apples part, its not, it was a design choice! It was a trade off of battery life, form factor and signal strength. I can only say that for me the phone is as perfect as it could be given obvious limitations, battery life isn't limitless and all cell phone suffer with signal issues of some kind.
I trust Apple, they are smarter than your average blogger and for sure smarter than your average forum poster! More power to them I say! :-)
macfan881
Dec 13, 02:00 PM
still cant belive people are saying no way I bet If jobs did a keynote today saying you would still have people saying its a lie :D I dont think it will be after christmas but more so CES remeber Verizon CEO is going to Keynote there event.
nosen
Sep 25, 01:58 PM
Breaking News: First Look at Aperture 1.5
http://www.creativepro.com/story/news/24732.html?cprose=daily
by Ben Long - coAuthor Aperture Pro Training
Thanks for the link! After reading this, I'm VERY excited about upgrading now! The enhancements to the library are very welcome for me. It might even tempt me to import my entire photo library... :o
http://www.creativepro.com/story/news/24732.html?cprose=daily
by Ben Long - coAuthor Aperture Pro Training
Thanks for the link! After reading this, I'm VERY excited about upgrading now! The enhancements to the library are very welcome for me. It might even tempt me to import my entire photo library... :o
No comments:
Post a Comment