takao
Feb 26, 05:53 AM
i just checked the austrian chevrolet cruze site and interestingly the 2.0 diesel engine there doesn't match the power output of the engine mentioned here as it's a 163 hp, 360 nm engine opposed to the 150hp 320nm
the power output would fit the r 425 on the VM motori site but then the displacement doesn't match (2 liters vs. 2.5)
edit: nevermind ... the 163hp diesel is the new 2011 replacement engine for the 150 hp engine in the euro market, so i suspect the old production line of the 150hp version can no produce the engine for the US market ;)
the power output would fit the r 425 on the VM motori site but then the displacement doesn't match (2 liters vs. 2.5)
edit: nevermind ... the 163hp diesel is the new 2011 replacement engine for the 150 hp engine in the euro market, so i suspect the old production line of the 150hp version can no produce the engine for the US market ;)
stevehp
Oct 23, 04:18 PM
I know you will see that I've never posted before, so anything I say will probably be taken with a grain of salt. I don't blame you for not believing me, every Tuesday I am let down with all of you. If I am lying you can ban me from this forum, for whatever it's worth, I promise what I'm telling you is the truth. I see you guys are as antsy as I am about this update.
I know a person that works at an Apple Store as an inventory control specialist - I asked him back in July to tell me before hand if he knew when the Merom MacBook Pro was coming out. Today I got a text message from him saying, "(dan's) laptop might be coming out tomorrow." However, he thinks it's only a 15''.
Something is definitely planned to come out tomorrow. I know it's not concrete, but it gives me hope. I figured I would share.
I'm hoping he is wrong about the 15'' thing, I wanted a 17''. Either way, I'll take what I can get. I've been waitng too long.
whoa...
hope that's true, but I also hope the 17 will be updated at the same time.
I know a person that works at an Apple Store as an inventory control specialist - I asked him back in July to tell me before hand if he knew when the Merom MacBook Pro was coming out. Today I got a text message from him saying, "(dan's) laptop might be coming out tomorrow." However, he thinks it's only a 15''.
Something is definitely planned to come out tomorrow. I know it's not concrete, but it gives me hope. I figured I would share.
I'm hoping he is wrong about the 15'' thing, I wanted a 17''. Either way, I'll take what I can get. I've been waitng too long.
whoa...
hope that's true, but I also hope the 17 will be updated at the same time.
supremedesigner
Jul 18, 07:38 AM
This is bulls***! IF they want to do that way, then it's their loss! That is really stupid. I'd rather buy DVD instead of renting their cheapstake movies!
bunkre
Sep 1, 12:23 PM
...so I can only imagine that with 3 more inches to love!
quote of the year right there
quote of the year right there
cmaier
Apr 2, 07:36 PM
this commercial makes ipad seemed like it's only for kids.
A lot of kids you know looking at CAT scans?
A lot of kids you know looking at CAT scans?
apb3
Aug 18, 01:08 AM
Especially since they have ads on their music stations now. Sirius had 600,00 subscribers before Stern and now has over 4 million. Sirius WILL surpass XM sometime in the next year. The reasons are simple:
1. Howard Stern
2. Exclusive NFL, NBA, NHL (all now) and Nascar (as of 2007) programming.
3. Commercial-free music stations
XM has ads on the MUSIC stations?? ugh. Do you have both XM and Sirius or did you see that somewhere? I'd like to read that press release to see what they have to say and how they spin it. "We're not terrestrial radio, we're better. Oh wait, we are pretty much the same now... buy Crest! Sirius who?"
I understand the commercials/ads on talk-type radio on Sirius - and XM too I assume - especially the live ones as it takes time to change guests, pee, put the seat back down, set up segments, etc... and even recorded ones need separators/change of pace markers or whatever of sorts. If it brings in more revenue so my subscription is a bit lower, OK, I can deal. But not on the music channels. I can tell you, being able to hear and have personalities use the F-word and talk about pooh graphically (while sometimes funny) was not the main reason for my decison to go from terrestrial radio to Sirius (before Stern even made the leap). One of the big motivations was not having to sit through those lame local commercials touting some local PC repair man or dental office (sorry if that's you...) or the stations next "big" promotion just to hear a few songs I may or may not like. I want Punk or rap or old standards or comedy or Korean or way-out-there commentary? I tune to that specific station and know I will hear what I am in the mood for without idiotic offers for 0% financing until 2008 for those who qualify - I have the yellow pages and google, thanks.
1. Howard Stern
2. Exclusive NFL, NBA, NHL (all now) and Nascar (as of 2007) programming.
3. Commercial-free music stations
XM has ads on the MUSIC stations?? ugh. Do you have both XM and Sirius or did you see that somewhere? I'd like to read that press release to see what they have to say and how they spin it. "We're not terrestrial radio, we're better. Oh wait, we are pretty much the same now... buy Crest! Sirius who?"
I understand the commercials/ads on talk-type radio on Sirius - and XM too I assume - especially the live ones as it takes time to change guests, pee, put the seat back down, set up segments, etc... and even recorded ones need separators/change of pace markers or whatever of sorts. If it brings in more revenue so my subscription is a bit lower, OK, I can deal. But not on the music channels. I can tell you, being able to hear and have personalities use the F-word and talk about pooh graphically (while sometimes funny) was not the main reason for my decison to go from terrestrial radio to Sirius (before Stern even made the leap). One of the big motivations was not having to sit through those lame local commercials touting some local PC repair man or dental office (sorry if that's you...) or the stations next "big" promotion just to hear a few songs I may or may not like. I want Punk or rap or old standards or comedy or Korean or way-out-there commentary? I tune to that specific station and know I will hear what I am in the mood for without idiotic offers for 0% financing until 2008 for those who qualify - I have the yellow pages and google, thanks.

J the Ninja
Apr 12, 09:19 PM
Basically: "You Wait While I Render."
New one will apparently let you keep working while it renders in the background.
To be more exact, "You wait while I use 2 of your 8 cores to render"
New one will apparently let you keep working while it renders in the background.
To be more exact, "You wait while I use 2 of your 8 cores to render"
geek143
Jan 13, 01:44 PM
The wireless implication is too hard to ignore.
How that may apply to products is to be seen.
Wireless IPOD connectivity..possible.
New I phone with less features..maybe.
Hope apple redoes the Nano, it is now a bloated form factor.
How that may apply to products is to be seen.
Wireless IPOD connectivity..possible.
New I phone with less features..maybe.
Hope apple redoes the Nano, it is now a bloated form factor.

mambodancer
Jul 18, 04:15 PM
First, couple of corrections. Netflix is already offering both HD-DVD and Bluray Disk rentals of available movies. So, technically high definition movie is for rent. I have not rented any yet because I am waiting for the prices to come down a little bit and also a victor to emerge.
I rented an HD-DVD from netflix (Van Helsing) and it wouldn't play on my Mac. I thought that the current version of DVD player would let you play these discs but all I could find through Apple tech support is that DVD player will let you play DVD Studio Pro burnt HD discs.
Or am I doing something wrong?
I rented an HD-DVD from netflix (Van Helsing) and it wouldn't play on my Mac. I thought that the current version of DVD player would let you play these discs but all I could find through Apple tech support is that DVD player will let you play DVD Studio Pro burnt HD discs.
Or am I doing something wrong?
JackSYi
Oct 23, 05:01 PM
Tuesday is rapidly approaching. However, for some of us, the time and space continum is slightly different than the rest. Tuesday will come and some of us will sit in front of our computers waiting in anticipation for that Apple store to go down and "be right back". We will feel like little children waiting in line for Disneyland, waiting to cross that magical gate.
What?!
:)
Just don't stay up all night waiting. (I want to be the first person to order the damned thing).
What?!
:)
Just don't stay up all night waiting. (I want to be the first person to order the damned thing).
kiljoy616
Mar 26, 01:53 AM
The iPad is (sort of) good for playing two minute time wasters....as a "real" gaming machine, it's pretty sub-par. Crappy specs, no controller of any sort (sorry, but touch screen input is horrible in almost all cases). The ability to hook it up to my TV, when I already have a dedicated, much more powerful machine, with a much greater selection of games, a greater selection of more complex, games, is underwhelming, to say the least.
One day, maybe. But for right now, color me unimpressed.
Ah but your missing the point this is for casual gamers. No one is taking this platform as a serious contender to PS3 or xbox 360 but I can see a lot of people doing lots of casual gaming even this one to pass the time. Also can you take your top system in the back seat no you can't. And a laptop is dumb. but for 500 dollars you have all the things the ipad does well and then this.
Apple has a winner and its stock :D is going to go even more up. :D
One day, maybe. But for right now, color me unimpressed.
Ah but your missing the point this is for casual gamers. No one is taking this platform as a serious contender to PS3 or xbox 360 but I can see a lot of people doing lots of casual gaming even this one to pass the time. Also can you take your top system in the back seat no you can't. And a laptop is dumb. but for 500 dollars you have all the things the ipad does well and then this.
Apple has a winner and its stock :D is going to go even more up. :D
antmarobel
Apr 1, 05:46 PM
Last version of Little Snitch, which was working fine on Preview 1 is no longer working.

vaderhater245
Mar 18, 03:41 AM
just started back up on team MR with my GTX 260 equipped PC(play) running 24/7. Don't trust my i5 iMac(work) enough to run it 24/7.
edit: seems that im getting about 8k ppd between a E6750 OC @ 3.4 and GTX 260 Core 216. Normal or not?
Already at 481st place too, this team needs a comeback!
edit: seems that im getting about 8k ppd between a E6750 OC @ 3.4 and GTX 260 Core 216. Normal or not?
Already at 481st place too, this team needs a comeback!
SciTeach
Nov 15, 08:26 AM
How long before it ends up in the MacBook Pro?
(joking)
The heck with the MacBook Pro.....how about the Mac MINI!!!
:p ;) :D
(joking)
The heck with the MacBook Pro.....how about the Mac MINI!!!
:p ;) :D
lord_flash
Jul 14, 05:23 AM
Sony has assumed way too much control with Blueray, so if I'd have to pick either format I'd go with HD-DVD. Lets not forget Microsoft is backing HD-DVD on the X-Box 360. Last week when I was at the game store, they said the add-on drive would be coming soon for around $100. Thats alot less than a blueray player.
And how often have consoled that come in two parts been successful? Sega MegaCD, anyone (Genesis CD)? Developers won't be able to use the HD-DVD drive because they reduce their potential market, so it's just a player. Why not buy a decent stand alone (as soon as there are any - the Toshiba was slated in reviews).
Like I said, HD-DVD and Blueray both suck in my opinion, too many DRM controls, too expensive, not enough difference really over DVD for most people....
That's content owners for you - they'll always demand that. It doesn't mean you can't burn your own disc without rights management - backing up photos etc to 50Gb wouldn't be too bad. A lot easier than changing DVDs 6-12 times.
Given the drives are out there and Apple are supporting the format, there is no reason not to make the option available. In fact given Apple's customer base outside the rabid geek community, Blu-ray creation capabilities would seem the way to go (Blu-Ray Studio Pro?). At �650/$1000 it isn't even that high a percentage of the overall price of a higher spec machine. Macs aren't cheap.
And how often have consoled that come in two parts been successful? Sega MegaCD, anyone (Genesis CD)? Developers won't be able to use the HD-DVD drive because they reduce their potential market, so it's just a player. Why not buy a decent stand alone (as soon as there are any - the Toshiba was slated in reviews).
Like I said, HD-DVD and Blueray both suck in my opinion, too many DRM controls, too expensive, not enough difference really over DVD for most people....
That's content owners for you - they'll always demand that. It doesn't mean you can't burn your own disc without rights management - backing up photos etc to 50Gb wouldn't be too bad. A lot easier than changing DVDs 6-12 times.
Given the drives are out there and Apple are supporting the format, there is no reason not to make the option available. In fact given Apple's customer base outside the rabid geek community, Blu-ray creation capabilities would seem the way to go (Blu-Ray Studio Pro?). At �650/$1000 it isn't even that high a percentage of the overall price of a higher spec machine. Macs aren't cheap.
Macky-Mac
Mar 19, 02:48 PM
....Whoever controls the air, pretty much has a gigantic advantage in pounding the enemy into submission......
is that why the war in afghanistan ended so successfully years ago? oh wait..... :p
is that why the war in afghanistan ended so successfully years ago? oh wait..... :p

Interstella5555
Mar 22, 11:29 AM
No- I'm saying this should not be allowed to screw up gay minors. Adults can do what they want to screw themselves up.
Word :-)
Word :-)
Kranchammer
Mar 24, 01:44 PM
6970 folks, not 6990 :)
Still a monster, just a smaller monster. Kinda like 6970 is to Godzukei what 6990 is to Godzilla. ;)
Still a monster, just a smaller monster. Kinda like 6970 is to Godzukei what 6990 is to Godzilla. ;)
Changen
Feb 23, 03:17 PM
nothing special but heres my setups bedroom and office
Mulyahnto
Jul 19, 04:03 PM
Actually, they were completely off base with their Mac estimates. Since it appears that most people on Wall St. think that Apple only makes iPods, this is no surprise.
Most estimates were for around 1 million Macs sold. Apple came in at 1.3 million. There's the margin difference right there.
This is what page 1 reported a couple days ago:
They predict Apple sales results that are close to but slightly lower than the Wall Street consensus estimates, with iPod quarterly sales between 7.7 and 8.3 million units, Mac sales of 1.2 to 1.23 million units, and revenue of $4.6 billion and $0.48 earnings per share, compared to Wall Street estimates for revenue of $4.95 billion and $0.52 earnings per share.
Most estimates were for around 1 million Macs sold. Apple came in at 1.3 million. There's the margin difference right there.
This is what page 1 reported a couple days ago:
They predict Apple sales results that are close to but slightly lower than the Wall Street consensus estimates, with iPod quarterly sales between 7.7 and 8.3 million units, Mac sales of 1.2 to 1.23 million units, and revenue of $4.6 billion and $0.48 earnings per share, compared to Wall Street estimates for revenue of $4.95 billion and $0.52 earnings per share.
MacBoobsPro
Aug 7, 04:15 AM
Steve Jobs Headlines Keynote Address and Leopard Preview (http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/schedules/monday_am.html)
Well thats good. But why are people still speaking about tommorrow?
EDIT: Oh I know, TIME ZONES!!!!
Damn i AM a dumbass!
Well thats good. But why are people still speaking about tommorrow?
EDIT: Oh I know, TIME ZONES!!!!
Damn i AM a dumbass!
dongmin
Aug 6, 11:41 PM
Hey, since we're all posting picts, a blast from the past:
http://www.macminute.com/images/db/tiger1
http://www.macminute.com/images/db/tiger2
http://www.macminute.com/images/db/tiger1
http://www.macminute.com/images/db/tiger2
richard.mac
Feb 17, 09:55 PM
those are pretty standard sized studio monitoring speakers. i like the audio interface which one is it? is it a DAC and headphone amp too?
qualleyiv
Nov 15, 10:30 AM
That really depends on the program, on how "parallelizable" the application is.
The simplest way to think of it is like this: Let's say you have a program that first has to calculate A. Then, when it's done that, it uses the result of A to calculate B. Then, when it's done that, uses the result of B to calculate C, then C to D, and so on. That's a *serial* problem there. The calculation of B can't begin until A is done, so it doesn't matter how many processors you have running, all computation is held up on one spot.
On the other hand, let's say you have an application that needs to calculate A, B, C and D, but those four values are not dependent on each other at all. In that case, you can use four processors at the same time, to calculate all four values at the same time.
Think of it like baking a cake. You can't start putting on the icing until the cake is done baking. And you can't start baking the cake until the ingredients are all mixed together. But you can have people simultaneously getting out and measuring the ingredients.
So that problem is partially parallelizable, but the majority of its workload is a serial process.
Some software applications, just by their very nature, will never be able to do anything useful with multiple processors.
OK, I'm hardly a programmer (PHP doesn't really count) but that's the exact same description that I've heard applied to the description of what it takes to vectorize a program (i.e. make it Alti-Vec optimized) [that and the process of making loops that can be unrolled]. So I've got to ask, is there some difference between those two concepts? If not, it sure seems like we would have a lot more multi-core enabled apps out there already...
The simplest way to think of it is like this: Let's say you have a program that first has to calculate A. Then, when it's done that, it uses the result of A to calculate B. Then, when it's done that, uses the result of B to calculate C, then C to D, and so on. That's a *serial* problem there. The calculation of B can't begin until A is done, so it doesn't matter how many processors you have running, all computation is held up on one spot.
On the other hand, let's say you have an application that needs to calculate A, B, C and D, but those four values are not dependent on each other at all. In that case, you can use four processors at the same time, to calculate all four values at the same time.
Think of it like baking a cake. You can't start putting on the icing until the cake is done baking. And you can't start baking the cake until the ingredients are all mixed together. But you can have people simultaneously getting out and measuring the ingredients.
So that problem is partially parallelizable, but the majority of its workload is a serial process.
Some software applications, just by their very nature, will never be able to do anything useful with multiple processors.
OK, I'm hardly a programmer (PHP doesn't really count) but that's the exact same description that I've heard applied to the description of what it takes to vectorize a program (i.e. make it Alti-Vec optimized) [that and the process of making loops that can be unrolled]. So I've got to ask, is there some difference between those two concepts? If not, it sure seems like we would have a lot more multi-core enabled apps out there already...
No comments:
Post a Comment