anotherarunan
Jan 15, 03:22 PM
Nothing on the cinema displays? Does anyone else think the displays are rapidly loosing market share due to a lack of updates over the last 18+ months?
i agree. I think it would have made sense to drop them in price in line with the mac pro update...and they didnt
so i then thought there was something new and radical at macworld...and no.
only thing i can think of now, is that they will get an update alongside a mac mini update (whenever that happens) because IMO they are starting to look very overpriced!
i agree. I think it would have made sense to drop them in price in line with the mac pro update...and they didnt
so i then thought there was something new and radical at macworld...and no.
only thing i can think of now, is that they will get an update alongside a mac mini update (whenever that happens) because IMO they are starting to look very overpriced!

Surf Monkey
Mar 17, 05:01 PM
If you read his first post it says, the cashier counted the $230 looked dumb founded and printed the receipt and then asked " are we cool"...
Sorry but the cashier KNEW he hadn't collected all the money... He's the last person in line to make sure the product goes out the door and is paid in full..
Sorry it all on the cashier on this one..
James
I guess you're not clear on the difference between fact and assumption? Nothing in the first post says that the cashier knew that he hadn't charged enough. If anything it shows the moment the mistake was made and the moment in which the OP should have said "No, we're not cool. You didn't run my card yet."
Sorry but the cashier KNEW he hadn't collected all the money... He's the last person in line to make sure the product goes out the door and is paid in full..
Sorry it all on the cashier on this one..
James
I guess you're not clear on the difference between fact and assumption? Nothing in the first post says that the cashier knew that he hadn't charged enough. If anything it shows the moment the mistake was made and the moment in which the OP should have said "No, we're not cool. You didn't run my card yet."
bretm
Sep 30, 09:13 AM
Thats not apart of what a home should be. Homes are for eating, sleeping, loving, and relaxing. A screening room is for... Well, none of those.
I guess you are still in the lets all commute to work and congest the highways and burn all the electricity and gas we can boat. I've gone the route of live and work at home. Much less stress. Much more time for lovin.
I guess you are still in the lets all commute to work and congest the highways and burn all the electricity and gas we can boat. I've gone the route of live and work at home. Much less stress. Much more time for lovin.
Rodimus Prime
Mar 4, 11:26 AM
Lee, my wife is a teacher. I'm quite aware of how much they make. For the record, they aren't required to have masters degrees (where do you get this stuff?). Most importantly, without thuggish unions, good teachers like my wife would make far more money than they do today, while the bad ones would make less or be fired. Good riddance. Our students deserve better. If you can't hack it, get another job.
.
Yeah....I know enough about the inner workings of how teachers are paid and how all that works to call BS on what you saying. Give you an idea of how I know fair amount of inner workers is my brother is becoming a teacher and he is the 6th or 7th generation teacher so teaching runs in the family.
Chances are with out the union you wife would be MAKING LESS not more. Most teachers are good. You have a very small handful that are bad but they are the ones that make the news because yes it is hard to get them out but at the same time those rules got put in place because the administration would really abuse their power.
The bad teachers you hear about but the large number of good ones never are talked about.
Pay for teachers is pretty much crap and they are not paid enough for what they have to put up with or the hours they have to put in. This goes double for any teachers in Math or Science were their pay is well below what they would in industry.
Master degree part what Lee made the mistake on involves a requirement to teach any class that can go on to a 4 year university and that is for accreditation n reasons.
.
Yeah....I know enough about the inner workings of how teachers are paid and how all that works to call BS on what you saying. Give you an idea of how I know fair amount of inner workers is my brother is becoming a teacher and he is the 6th or 7th generation teacher so teaching runs in the family.
Chances are with out the union you wife would be MAKING LESS not more. Most teachers are good. You have a very small handful that are bad but they are the ones that make the news because yes it is hard to get them out but at the same time those rules got put in place because the administration would really abuse their power.
The bad teachers you hear about but the large number of good ones never are talked about.
Pay for teachers is pretty much crap and they are not paid enough for what they have to put up with or the hours they have to put in. This goes double for any teachers in Math or Science were their pay is well below what they would in industry.
Master degree part what Lee made the mistake on involves a requirement to teach any class that can go on to a 4 year university and that is for accreditation n reasons.
ChaosAngel
Apr 16, 02:18 AM
I've attempted to highlight the main new features that have been leaked for Windows 8. I have to say, things are looking good:
http://bit.ly/gTcS4o
I am especially a fan of "portable workspace" and "factory reset". Hopefully they make the release version.
http://bit.ly/gTcS4o
I am especially a fan of "portable workspace" and "factory reset". Hopefully they make the release version.
Squonk
Jan 10, 11:15 AM
How about The Beatles finally on iTunes?
HD Movies in iTunes!
:apple:TV update for HD content, movie rentals and (((5.1 Dolby Surround Sound)))
HD Movies in iTunes!
:apple:TV update for HD content, movie rentals and (((5.1 Dolby Surround Sound)))

turtlebud
Nov 24, 11:36 PM
Quoting from the Apple website:
"Shopping event is available only at the online Apple Store on November 24, from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. PST and at Apple retail stores."
So sale continues for a few more hours.
hey, you're right - i don't know what the rep was talking about, but I believed her.
"Shopping event is available only at the online Apple Store on November 24, from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. PST and at Apple retail stores."
So sale continues for a few more hours.
hey, you're right - i don't know what the rep was talking about, but I believed her.
skinned66
Apr 16, 02:56 AM
And by that what do you mean. iPhones had little impact on phones like the BB Curve
Let us not compare Apples to turds.
Let us not compare Apples to turds.
one1
May 3, 10:48 PM
IMO, until the ipad gets this, which is entirely possible, it will remain more of a toy than a tool, and all these commercials will be nothing but fodder for the haters.
there's nothing wrong with toys, and this is a nice one, but these lines about doctors, CEOs, etc., are just plain ridiculous.
Ummmm incorrect. I have a major surgery coming up and the only way me and my doctor could sit down together and review the CT Scan was with my iPad 2 since all CT Scans are done on digital now instead of film. I simply stopped by the hospital and snagged the cd the night before my appointment and loaded it before I left the next day.
My doctor said this was on his wish list, but he couldn't find anywhere in stock.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d5/audiogodz1/dc1cacec.jpg
there's nothing wrong with toys, and this is a nice one, but these lines about doctors, CEOs, etc., are just plain ridiculous.
Ummmm incorrect. I have a major surgery coming up and the only way me and my doctor could sit down together and review the CT Scan was with my iPad 2 since all CT Scans are done on digital now instead of film. I simply stopped by the hospital and snagged the cd the night before my appointment and loaded it before I left the next day.
My doctor said this was on his wish list, but he couldn't find anywhere in stock.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d5/audiogodz1/dc1cacec.jpg
tvguru
Sep 12, 08:30 AM
if there are new product announcements as everyone believes to be the case, the store will have to be updated as well as the iTunes store.
does anyone remember how long the apple store's down prior to new products being listed?
If I remember correctly about an hour before showtime. Hey cool I made a pun.
does anyone remember how long the apple store's down prior to new products being listed?
If I remember correctly about an hour before showtime. Hey cool I made a pun.

JKK photography
Apr 10, 11:06 AM
Lion will contain Mac OS X Server. So there, there's your new features.
As an Apple user, I'm thrilled that I'm not afflicted with the need to put down Windows in order to boost my ego.
He's not putting down Windows. He's simply talking about the Windows NT version, which (for Windows 7) is currently 6.1. It is unknown as to whether or not MS will go to 6.2, or maybe to 7.0.
So, when you insult someone, have your facts straight. A simple Google search usually suffices.
As an Apple user, I'm thrilled that I'm not afflicted with the need to put down Windows in order to boost my ego.
He's not putting down Windows. He's simply talking about the Windows NT version, which (for Windows 7) is currently 6.1. It is unknown as to whether or not MS will go to 6.2, or maybe to 7.0.
So, when you insult someone, have your facts straight. A simple Google search usually suffices.
La Porta
Mar 25, 07:02 AM
I remember, I was so excited for this to arrive all day at school. I was a 17 year-old high school senior, just itching to get out of class because I knew the package would arrive that day. I had been running OS X Public Beta on my iMac DV SE and was ready for the real thing! Little did I know that, as far as I go, the "real thing" came with 10.2 on my next LCD iMac!
latergator116
Sep 7, 10:45 PM
It's a bit deeper then that though, he says
******* the police that's how we treat 'em
we buy our way out of jail, but we can't buy freedom
He's not just saying F the police just because they're the police.
Also, you have to understand where some of these people are coming from. Maybe not Kanye personally, but I could understand why kids growing up in the American ghetto might feel a bit of animosity towards the police they way they are treated and all (not all police are crooked, of course.)
******* the police that's how we treat 'em
we buy our way out of jail, but we can't buy freedom
He's not just saying F the police just because they're the police.
Also, you have to understand where some of these people are coming from. Maybe not Kanye personally, but I could understand why kids growing up in the American ghetto might feel a bit of animosity towards the police they way they are treated and all (not all police are crooked, of course.)
Clive At Five
Oct 3, 04:57 PM
Not going to happen. You realise that Apple doesn't give a crap about the 100 nerds out there that want to be able to upgrade their graphics cards? [...]
Your arguments contradict each other, specifically this sentence:
Its a small market segment that will cannibalise both iMac and Mac Pro sales if introduced.
If it's a small market segment then "cannibalize" is completely the wrong term to use. More like "nibble into." That's besides the point, because I completely diasgree with your first premise (that it's a small market segment). I think it's a HUGE market segment. I agree with you that it won't happen, though. Why, you might ask?
Read on...
The people I have spoken to who use PC's are not nerds or power users, however, they do have monitors that work perfectly fine and want to use them.
Unfortunately this is EXACTLY why Apple ISN'T producing a headless mid-range Mac. They will lose out tremendously on display sales. They either want to sell you a display within the unit (iMac, MacBooks) or sell you a display with the unit (Mini, Pro). Mini users will buy one because A. they're in the store and B. don't know any better. Pro users will buy one because they are top-of-the line, beautiful screens and they, generally, have money to burn. Mid-range users (and prosumers) know well enough that they can get a cheap, good-enough monitor for $200 from NewEgg or eBay (for the daring). Instead, we prosumers either have to settle for the iMac or splurge on the Mac Pro.
Apple is losing sales because of it.
Just the opposite, my friend, just the opposite. Sometimes by blocking out a certain range of products, a company can make more money.
-Clive
Your arguments contradict each other, specifically this sentence:
Its a small market segment that will cannibalise both iMac and Mac Pro sales if introduced.
If it's a small market segment then "cannibalize" is completely the wrong term to use. More like "nibble into." That's besides the point, because I completely diasgree with your first premise (that it's a small market segment). I think it's a HUGE market segment. I agree with you that it won't happen, though. Why, you might ask?
Read on...
The people I have spoken to who use PC's are not nerds or power users, however, they do have monitors that work perfectly fine and want to use them.
Unfortunately this is EXACTLY why Apple ISN'T producing a headless mid-range Mac. They will lose out tremendously on display sales. They either want to sell you a display within the unit (iMac, MacBooks) or sell you a display with the unit (Mini, Pro). Mini users will buy one because A. they're in the store and B. don't know any better. Pro users will buy one because they are top-of-the line, beautiful screens and they, generally, have money to burn. Mid-range users (and prosumers) know well enough that they can get a cheap, good-enough monitor for $200 from NewEgg or eBay (for the daring). Instead, we prosumers either have to settle for the iMac or splurge on the Mac Pro.
Apple is losing sales because of it.
Just the opposite, my friend, just the opposite. Sometimes by blocking out a certain range of products, a company can make more money.
-Clive
AndroidfoLife
Apr 16, 04:35 PM
20gigs of free storage if you purchase a single album?
Purchase an MP3 album from the Amazon MP3 Store by 11:59 PM PST on December 31, 2011.
If you qualify for this offer and either have not signed up for Amazon Cloud Drive or have the 5GB Amazon Cloud Drive plan, you will be automatically eligible for the 20 GB plan for one year from the date of your MP3 album purchase. Unless you set your account to auto-renew to a paid plan, the 20 GB plan will revert to a free plan one year from the date of your MP3 album purchase.
If your Amazon Cloud Drive account is already at 20 GB or higher when you qualify for this offer, the offer will be saved to your account as a $20 credit toward any future Amazon Cloud Drive plan fees you may incur at the time your plan renews or at the time you upgrade your plan. If you elect to downgrade your plan to a free plan at the time of renewal, your upgrade offer will be applied towards the 20 GB plan at that time.
Note: Once we process your order, which could take up to 3 hours, your promotion will be applied and you will receive email notification that your Cloud Drive storage plan has been updated..
Note: This promotional offer limited to one promotional credit per customer.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000667531
My question was WHY.
Purchase an MP3 album from the Amazon MP3 Store by 11:59 PM PST on December 31, 2011.
If you qualify for this offer and either have not signed up for Amazon Cloud Drive or have the 5GB Amazon Cloud Drive plan, you will be automatically eligible for the 20 GB plan for one year from the date of your MP3 album purchase. Unless you set your account to auto-renew to a paid plan, the 20 GB plan will revert to a free plan one year from the date of your MP3 album purchase.
If your Amazon Cloud Drive account is already at 20 GB or higher when you qualify for this offer, the offer will be saved to your account as a $20 credit toward any future Amazon Cloud Drive plan fees you may incur at the time your plan renews or at the time you upgrade your plan. If you elect to downgrade your plan to a free plan at the time of renewal, your upgrade offer will be applied towards the 20 GB plan at that time.
Note: Once we process your order, which could take up to 3 hours, your promotion will be applied and you will receive email notification that your Cloud Drive storage plan has been updated..
Note: This promotional offer limited to one promotional credit per customer.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000667531
My question was WHY.
Thedeathbear
Mar 17, 11:10 AM
Nice. Too bad some kid is going to have $300 docked from his pay...
I believe that is illegal. They will just fire him.
I believe that is illegal. They will just fire him.

Hugh
Apr 27, 07:54 PM
I am going to ask a dumb question here. Why do we have 2 threads talking about the same subject? I think these threads should be combined. :/

cute babies wallpaper

Cute Babies Wallpapers: Cute
KingYaba
Mar 3, 09:02 PM
Fines and jail time? What a crock of ****. Negotiate, by all means, if the union pay needs to be cut back to balance a state budget, but this bill goes too far.
Congress shall make no law prohibiting the right of the people to peacefully assemble....
Congress shall make no law prohibiting the right of the people to peacefully assemble....
saunders45
Sep 8, 08:33 AM
It's a bit deeper then that though, he says
******* the police that's how we treat 'em
we buy our way out of jail, but we can't buy freedom
He's not just saying F the police just because they're the police.
(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the Devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks with me)
The only thing that I pray is that me feet don't fail me now
(Jesus Walks)
And I don't think there is nothing I can do now to right my wrongs
(Jesus Walks with me)
I want to talk to God but I'm afraid because we ain't spoke in so long
Did i miss something? Sounds like someone doesn't pay attention to their own music.
******* the police that's how we treat 'em
we buy our way out of jail, but we can't buy freedom
He's not just saying F the police just because they're the police.
(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the Devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks with me)
The only thing that I pray is that me feet don't fail me now
(Jesus Walks)
And I don't think there is nothing I can do now to right my wrongs
(Jesus Walks with me)
I want to talk to God but I'm afraid because we ain't spoke in so long
Did i miss something? Sounds like someone doesn't pay attention to their own music.
ZbHRP
Mar 25, 06:26 AM
I would like to say thanks to Vista for making me switch to OS X! :)
In all serious-ness I did fell in love to OS X back in just didn't have the money for it.
In all serious-ness I did fell in love to OS X back in just didn't have the money for it.
mrsir2009
Apr 23, 05:34 PM
Microsoft is planning to release an App Store for Windows.
Oh yay! Another app-store rip off years after the OSX one has debuted.
Oh yay! Another app-store rip off years after the OSX one has debuted.
Sedulous
May 3, 07:57 PM
Ok, here's the thing. The contract, presented to you when you signed up for the service *explicitly* disallows tethering unless you sign up for that extra service. You pay them money for the service you signed up for *as defined in the contract*. There's the consideration from both sides. If you want to *add* something to that, they're going to want *you* to provide more consideration in exchange for giving you more capabilities under the service agreement *contract*.
(Wow, there's a lot of arm-chair lawyers here who think the contract they signed doesn't apply to *them*.)
I don't give a damn. If I pay for a chunk of data, it isn't up to the provider to dictate how I use my data. If I want to syphon fuel out of my vehicle for use in another, that is my decision not Exxon's.
(Wow, there's a lot of arm-chair lawyers here who think the contract they signed doesn't apply to *them*.)
I don't give a damn. If I pay for a chunk of data, it isn't up to the provider to dictate how I use my data. If I want to syphon fuel out of my vehicle for use in another, that is my decision not Exxon's.
Joshuarocks
Apr 7, 11:39 AM
Also this just in... Windows 8 appears to be running off of a Unix like platform underneath the GUI interface.. this could be the beginning of a Unix based OS similar to MAC OS X itself.
Ballmer has outdone himself this time.
Ballmer has outdone himself this time.
Koodauw
Sep 12, 01:01 AM
That phone looks amazing. Wish I could have one.
No comments:
Post a Comment