apfhex
Jan 9, 03:36 PM
9.41 on the ****.
Nice theory there, but out here in California, Pacific Standard Time, that wouldn't make a bit of sense as the time for the posting of the keynote.
In fact 9:41am PST is nearly the exactly time during the keynote that Steve announced the ****.
Nice theory there, but out here in California, Pacific Standard Time, that wouldn't make a bit of sense as the time for the posting of the keynote.
In fact 9:41am PST is nearly the exactly time during the keynote that Steve announced the ****.
cdallen
Mar 20, 07:31 AM
Oh please! I think that statement would be better targeted at the people who engage in this childish behaviour. I was just the recipient, also they weren't total strangers, but they weren't people that I know either.
Also, quite a few people in this thread say that these phones are the same price, well one of the main points of one of these guys was that he paid �100 for his brand new Desire and is on a �18 a month contract. In all honesty, that is a lot cheaper than any iPhone deal out there.
Try going outside for some fresh air. Take a deep breath and enjoy.
It's nice that you enjoy your phone so much but there's more to life than sharing this love on internet forums.
Sunshine can be enjoyed just as much!
Also, quite a few people in this thread say that these phones are the same price, well one of the main points of one of these guys was that he paid �100 for his brand new Desire and is on a �18 a month contract. In all honesty, that is a lot cheaper than any iPhone deal out there.
Try going outside for some fresh air. Take a deep breath and enjoy.
It's nice that you enjoy your phone so much but there's more to life than sharing this love on internet forums.
Sunshine can be enjoyed just as much!

BBEmployee
Apr 8, 03:56 PM
As a former BBY employee I can tell you a few things that are flawed.
#1 no former or current Best Buy employee would call themselves BBemployee, BBYEmployee would seem more likely. I know its stupid but it is the culture of Best Buy to shorten it to BBY.
#2 You would have no clue if Best Buy was in trouble. As a simple Blue Shirt or even a Black Shirt you would not have this information passed down to you.
#3 Your rant show that you either hate Best Buy for personal reasons or possibly a former employee who has a huge vendetta against the company.
#4 Your rant does nothing to support this discussion.
#1: Gonna log into Employee Toolkit with my 6-digit number preceded by a letter. Gonna check my Action Center. Gonna run an OMS for delivery and some GSI. Gonna do a lookup in RSS. Gotta print some signs in Sign Monitor. Gonna hit F4 to do some employee price checks. Gonna log into Learning Lounge to do some training. Gonna not care about being a monthly Cyber Star.
Satisfied?
If not, I could do something right now that apparently you couldn't. I could actually log in to countless Best Buy employee websites and provide proof to anyone else that can still log in that I am in fact logged in and viewing up to date information. Can you tell me what the latest 5 eLearnings posted are? I can.
Maybe you're the one making all this up.
I doubt it, because I guess I'm not as instantly and intensely skeptical of someone who claims to be a current or former Best Buy employee (imagine that...) considering we're on a tech forum (people nerdy enough to work at Best Buy posting on a tech forum?!?) and Best Buy is the biggest electronics retail chain in the country (I think I see a break in the clouds...).
This would be especially true if person claiming to be a current or former employee knows the term BBY at all. Hell, I'd believe them for my own sake, as I don't want to believe in a world where anyone outside of the Best Buy "family" would ever be concerned with such trivial things.
Oh yeah...Ego. And check your hot zones.
#2 Did I claim that I knew Best Buy was in trouble? No.
#3 I felt I was actually quite fair and even defensive of Best Buy in many regards. It was a bit of a rant, but directed as much to the conspiracy theorists thinking that Best Buy is evil as the company which I (and just about anyone with a brain and a little knowledge of economics) think is lost.
#4 Again, the "rant" as you call it was an attempt at dispelling the unreasonable idea that Best Buy is really out to get the customer at every turn. It was what I feel an objective analysis of the situation from the standpoint of an employee who's involved enough to know the inner workings, but not invested enough to be biased. I was very clear about the fact that I am not exactly a fan of Best Buy as a company.
#1 no former or current Best Buy employee would call themselves BBemployee, BBYEmployee would seem more likely. I know its stupid but it is the culture of Best Buy to shorten it to BBY.
#2 You would have no clue if Best Buy was in trouble. As a simple Blue Shirt or even a Black Shirt you would not have this information passed down to you.
#3 Your rant show that you either hate Best Buy for personal reasons or possibly a former employee who has a huge vendetta against the company.
#4 Your rant does nothing to support this discussion.
#1: Gonna log into Employee Toolkit with my 6-digit number preceded by a letter. Gonna check my Action Center. Gonna run an OMS for delivery and some GSI. Gonna do a lookup in RSS. Gotta print some signs in Sign Monitor. Gonna hit F4 to do some employee price checks. Gonna log into Learning Lounge to do some training. Gonna not care about being a monthly Cyber Star.
Satisfied?
If not, I could do something right now that apparently you couldn't. I could actually log in to countless Best Buy employee websites and provide proof to anyone else that can still log in that I am in fact logged in and viewing up to date information. Can you tell me what the latest 5 eLearnings posted are? I can.
Maybe you're the one making all this up.
I doubt it, because I guess I'm not as instantly and intensely skeptical of someone who claims to be a current or former Best Buy employee (imagine that...) considering we're on a tech forum (people nerdy enough to work at Best Buy posting on a tech forum?!?) and Best Buy is the biggest electronics retail chain in the country (I think I see a break in the clouds...).
This would be especially true if person claiming to be a current or former employee knows the term BBY at all. Hell, I'd believe them for my own sake, as I don't want to believe in a world where anyone outside of the Best Buy "family" would ever be concerned with such trivial things.
Oh yeah...Ego. And check your hot zones.
#2 Did I claim that I knew Best Buy was in trouble? No.
#3 I felt I was actually quite fair and even defensive of Best Buy in many regards. It was a bit of a rant, but directed as much to the conspiracy theorists thinking that Best Buy is evil as the company which I (and just about anyone with a brain and a little knowledge of economics) think is lost.
#4 Again, the "rant" as you call it was an attempt at dispelling the unreasonable idea that Best Buy is really out to get the customer at every turn. It was what I feel an objective analysis of the situation from the standpoint of an employee who's involved enough to know the inner workings, but not invested enough to be biased. I was very clear about the fact that I am not exactly a fan of Best Buy as a company.

d4rkc4sm
May 3, 09:29 PM
yeah!@ retina display seems like a real poss for ipad 3 now
more...
bousozoku
Jan 12, 12:13 AM
Steve Jobs has always been a bit smug. In fact, his emotions are rarely reserved but then, that goes for almost anyone running a technology company.
Have you seen Scott McNealy, Bruce Chizen, Larry Ellison, or Bill Gates? Introverts rarely run companies.
Have you seen Scott McNealy, Bruce Chizen, Larry Ellison, or Bill Gates? Introverts rarely run companies.
DoFoT9
Jul 13, 09:50 PM
thanks. it's good to be back, but like i said, i'm having serious internet issues here. i'm paying for 12 mb/s, and sometimes i'm getting less than 1! :mad:
dang. well once i get the internet situation under control, i'll be able to contribute more.
farout man, thats BS. is it ADSL?
dang. well once i get the internet situation under control, i'll be able to contribute more.
farout man, thats BS. is it ADSL?
more...
BenRoethig
Oct 2, 03:39 PM
"Unnamed company"
We all know who that is....Real.
Or microsoft
We all know who that is....Real.
Or microsoft
Dagless
Apr 13, 08:49 AM
I imagine they have to scan kids because desperate smugglers/addicts have hidden drugs on their children in the past.
more...
BWhaler
Apr 12, 11:56 AM
Some people will never understand the power of Apple and the fundamental insight that makes Apple's products so powerful.
It's not a feature list. It's not a slick vaneer.
It's a deep understanding of design. How to make a product work naturally that empowers us to achieve what we want with the tool.
It's rarely more. It's rarely new pretty pictures.
Great art is knowing when to stop.
It's not a feature list. It's not a slick vaneer.
It's a deep understanding of design. How to make a product work naturally that empowers us to achieve what we want with the tool.
It's rarely more. It's rarely new pretty pictures.
Great art is knowing when to stop.
.jpg)
steadysignal
Apr 15, 07:35 PM
What about Amazon? Jobs made the big fuss about ending DRM, but he kept negotiating with the labels unsuccessfully, because he didn't want variable pricing either. So all the labels gave DRM-free tracks to Amazon. No DRM, but variable pricing. Jobs had to cave eventually.
seamless is only good for so much with the DRM.
i buy more and more off Amazon to get the open format.
seamless is only good for so much with the DRM.
i buy more and more off Amazon to get the open format.
more...
quagmire
Aug 3, 07:39 PM
It is going to sell for that much above MSRP, according to some dealers.
So expect to fork out 50-60k for a Volt the first 6-18 months.
GM needs to smack those dealers in the head. This is part of the reason why I am for manufactures opening corporate dealerships.
So expect to fork out 50-60k for a Volt the first 6-18 months.
GM needs to smack those dealers in the head. This is part of the reason why I am for manufactures opening corporate dealerships.
SiliconAddict
Nov 16, 03:33 PM
reposted from closed thread...
Why? AMD's laptop CPU's suck....power that is. Please god no. The Core line has a VERY bright future. That coupled with the DEEP discounts that Apple is most certainly getting makes an AMD migration stupid.
What this move might be about is memory. AMD isn't just about CPU's. They make other chips as well. That and with the ATI buyout Apple may be courting AMD to continue to have access to ATI's wares. At any rate I just don't see this happening. Go to Apple's site. Intel's name is plastered all over the freaking place. Apple isn't going to rain on such a relationship 1 year after establishing it.
Why? AMD's laptop CPU's suck....power that is. Please god no. The Core line has a VERY bright future. That coupled with the DEEP discounts that Apple is most certainly getting makes an AMD migration stupid.
What this move might be about is memory. AMD isn't just about CPU's. They make other chips as well. That and with the ATI buyout Apple may be courting AMD to continue to have access to ATI's wares. At any rate I just don't see this happening. Go to Apple's site. Intel's name is plastered all over the freaking place. Apple isn't going to rain on such a relationship 1 year after establishing it.
more...
rmwebs
Apr 25, 02:35 PM
I really don't see the point in this...you gain a tiny amount of screen space, at a price of worse battery life and worse processor performance (due to having to process more imaging data, hence why the 3GS has performed better than the iP4 in a lot of situations).
Tomorrow
May 4, 03:04 PM
Not sure what's medically relevant about owning or not owning a gun, but still, why penalize a doctor for asking and not, say, a teacher, clergyman, mechanic, dry cleaner, etc.? It doesn't make any sense.
more...
ToXicWaSTe
Oct 29, 07:11 AM
Umm...
Getting Mac OS X from your friend and installing it onto your pee cee is illegal. You must purchase Mac OS X from Apple or Amazon or whoever.
Getting OS X without paying for a license (which is what you are insinuating) is illegal. Just because you didn't download the software and got it from a friend doesn't make it legal, dumbass.
Already replied to this, so take the time to read the rest of the posts. But to answer once more... I will take my PC to his house install there, mess with it and reformat once i take it home some days later. Like many use the same Windows install for more then one PC.
This is a way to get around having to get a new copy of osx, because the law alows this where i live. But i'm not completely sure and will try to get more information on this.
Just wish people would reply and try to help or explain, instead of immediatly trashing me... I'm trying to do the right thing, and if i have to buy th OS then I will. The reason is just to try OS X on a PC and for the sake of the apple experience.
But hey, know you're all apple fanboys in here so maybe i should just go somewhere where people dont trash you for nothing...
Getting Mac OS X from your friend and installing it onto your pee cee is illegal. You must purchase Mac OS X from Apple or Amazon or whoever.
Getting OS X without paying for a license (which is what you are insinuating) is illegal. Just because you didn't download the software and got it from a friend doesn't make it legal, dumbass.
Already replied to this, so take the time to read the rest of the posts. But to answer once more... I will take my PC to his house install there, mess with it and reformat once i take it home some days later. Like many use the same Windows install for more then one PC.
This is a way to get around having to get a new copy of osx, because the law alows this where i live. But i'm not completely sure and will try to get more information on this.
Just wish people would reply and try to help or explain, instead of immediatly trashing me... I'm trying to do the right thing, and if i have to buy th OS then I will. The reason is just to try OS X on a PC and for the sake of the apple experience.
But hey, know you're all apple fanboys in here so maybe i should just go somewhere where people dont trash you for nothing...
MrTwinkles
Sep 28, 12:31 PM
If I touch it on the southwest corner will it not work? ;)
Many other houses lose their primary function when held in a certain way. Jobs will have to issue free tarps to cover each side of the house to cover up the problem. :p
Many other houses lose their primary function when held in a certain way. Jobs will have to issue free tarps to cover each side of the house to cover up the problem. :p
more...
Kingsly
Oct 10, 06:22 PM
Gawd. Will this rumor just die already?
I want a vPod as much as the next guy... but please make the madness stop! :(
I want a vPod as much as the next guy... but please make the madness stop! :(
citizenzen
May 5, 01:39 PM
No- it just means that people with no regard for the law will have that capability, while you won't.
Sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me Lee.
Fewer guns would mean fewer guns for everybody.
Sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me Lee.
Fewer guns would mean fewer guns for everybody.
WildCowboy
Apr 29, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the feedback on the preferences for the scrollbars, folks...I removed it from the article.
CaoCao
Apr 16, 01:40 AM
Um if it wasn't for a gay man you might not be speaking English and the computer as we know it would likely not exist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing
We probably would be speaking English and the computer might be different or it might not
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing
We probably would be speaking English and the computer might be different or it might not
rcandre2
Jul 21, 03:20 PM
If this is the case then everyone should be complaining to every single cell phone manufacturer and demand a recall from them too. I don't hear or see that, though.
Oh you silly goose... that is because every other manufacturer's phones are not dropping calls... that is just one of the new things the iPhone is "changing again." It's funny because I've owned dozens and dozens of phones throughout the years including the iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS and never experienced this garbage...
Oh you silly goose... that is because every other manufacturer's phones are not dropping calls... that is just one of the new things the iPhone is "changing again." It's funny because I've owned dozens and dozens of phones throughout the years including the iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS and never experienced this garbage...
tarkeybear
Apr 5, 04:04 PM
I typically buy paid apps, so I don't actually see too many iAds and was curious what ads are out there.
Although I am not in marketing, some of the best creative wit is applied to advertising and I enjoy experiencing a well executed ad. This is a great way for me to check out ad campaigns, even when the campaign has been retired (example, the McRib).
This looks like a great library of iAds that can stimulate the creative juices of folks who need to get their heads around this medium as an ad delivery platform. My limited experience with iAds, is that I only saw two ads (some sports related personal hygiene product and the Nissan Leaf). I never saw all these other Ad campaigns and thought the iAd system had no traction with companies.
With a library of Ads to review, a creative type can decide for themselves what Ad approaches get their attention and what don't work.
Although I am not in marketing, some of the best creative wit is applied to advertising and I enjoy experiencing a well executed ad. This is a great way for me to check out ad campaigns, even when the campaign has been retired (example, the McRib).
This looks like a great library of iAds that can stimulate the creative juices of folks who need to get their heads around this medium as an ad delivery platform. My limited experience with iAds, is that I only saw two ads (some sports related personal hygiene product and the Nissan Leaf). I never saw all these other Ad campaigns and thought the iAd system had no traction with companies.
With a library of Ads to review, a creative type can decide for themselves what Ad approaches get their attention and what don't work.
Jimmieboy
Sep 12, 02:56 AM
3.00 am! I don't think I'll be up then. I love to sleep. I guess getting up at around 6 won't matter though. Hopefully the new products if any will be on the apple site. If not I"ll check out macrumors to see the latest news on the conference. I can't wait! Yahooooo for apple
maflynn
Apr 9, 06:43 AM
I'd say 10.6 had a ton of new features; they just weren't in the UI.
So what are the ton of features that apple introduced in 10.6?
That's not the point. the bad thing about Registry is that it even exits. What a dumb design to have a single file that multiple different applications can access. It tightly couple things that should be 100% independent. Every other OS works hard to avoid this problem. It should be the case that even an intensionally malicious program can effect the operation of another program. Windows works only because you work hard to keep intensionally malicious software off the computer. This effort should not be required
I agree with that assessment. The single point of failure design was a major misstep by MS, that has hampered consumers and administrators for years. Things have gotten better and more stable, but you're right, the design is the problem.
So what are the ton of features that apple introduced in 10.6?
That's not the point. the bad thing about Registry is that it even exits. What a dumb design to have a single file that multiple different applications can access. It tightly couple things that should be 100% independent. Every other OS works hard to avoid this problem. It should be the case that even an intensionally malicious program can effect the operation of another program. Windows works only because you work hard to keep intensionally malicious software off the computer. This effort should not be required
I agree with that assessment. The single point of failure design was a major misstep by MS, that has hampered consumers and administrators for years. Things have gotten better and more stable, but you're right, the design is the problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment